The Who- Tampa 3/13

jb13lettersjb13letters Posts: 220
edited March 2007 in Other Music
What a letdown. They came out, played about 45 seconds of "Can't Explain," and Roger walked off the stage. Pete then made an announcement that Roger had bronchitis, and they'd see if they could get him to come back out. All the band left, then 5-10 minutes later Pete came out and apologized, said the show was cancelled, and they'd be back to play on 3/25.

I'll give them that they at least tried, but I really wish they'd have played a few Pete songs or something as a concession before they left. Probably would have resulted in a few less pissed off folks. Mind you, I wasn't all that upset about it, as they are rescheduling and honoring last night's tickets. I'm just disappointed that I spend 8 hours total in a car yesterday, took off from work, and all I got was 45 seconds.

That, and I didn't go to Gainesville to see Band of Horses because I was seeing The Who.

Oh well, I'm sure they'll make up for it next Sunday.
Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    you're taking it pretty well by the sounds of it... personally i would have blowtorched Daltreys face until he looked like Barbie.... but thats me :(
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • jb13lettersjb13letters Posts: 220
    dunkman wrote:
    you're taking it pretty well by the sounds of it... personally i would have blowtorched Daltreys face until he looked like Barbie.... but thats me :(

I can't be too upset about it, because they at least made an effort. Plus, had they just cancelled without setting up, I'd have still wound up making the 4 hour (each way) drive, because I probably wouldn't have found out about it until I got to the venue.

Now I just have to hit up my boss to let me take a half day on 3/26, my folks to watch the kids Sunday night, and all that fun stuff, all over again.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I can't be too upset about it, because they at least made an effort. Plus, had they just cancelled without setting up, I'd have still wound up making the 4 hour (each way) drive, because I probably wouldn't have found out about it until I got to the venue.

Now I just have to hit up my boss to let me take a half day on 3/26, my folks to watch the kids Sunday night, and all that fun stuff, all over again.

i know dude... but seriously take a blowtorch next time, or at the very least a long burning lighter :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • did you see the opening band at least? who were they??

i think pete should have a done a couple of solo numbers but my guess is he was pissed at roger, and the whole damn thing...
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    It's hardly Roger's fault if he's ill. At least Pete explained. Mind you he's a grumpy bugger so he was probably pissed off :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • That must be frustrating :)

Does anyone knows the support acts for theire tour ???

I'm going to see them in June in Antwerp , BE .
  • SUITESSUITES Posts: 8
    Rose Hill Drive
  • Disappointing, but the crowd was good about it. No booing, lots of applause actually. Better to get a good show later than a shitty show now.

Somebody behind me sounded like he'd been shot when Pete made the announcement, though.

Rose Hill Drive was a pleasant surprise, they can jam pretty well.
  • jb13lettersjb13letters Posts: 220
    Fury Three wrote:
    Disappointing, but the crowd was good about it. No booing, lots of applause actually. Better to get a good show later than a shitty show now.

Somebody behind me sounded like he'd been shot when Pete made the announcement, though.

Rose Hill Drive was a pleasant surprise, they can jam pretty well.

Overall the crowd was good, like you say, no boos. I did hear quite a bit of grumbling on the way out. I'm wondering how many folks are going to take them up on the refund.

I hadn't heard Rose Hill Drive before last night. I didn't get to my seat until about halfway through their set. I didn't have any expectation coming in, but I thought they were pretty good, too. I still kind of wish Peeping Tom had been opening like they were earlier in the tour.
  • sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    Yeah I was there, it was a bit of a bummer... but it was cool that they announced the make up date immediately so we don't have to speculate on when or if they are going to make up the show.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.