Chris Cornell - Reading PA

Vedder1029Vedder1029 Posts: 179
edited July 2007 in Other Music
anyone else here going to the show Sat night???
He who forgets, will be destined to remember...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    my boss and two other coworkers are going. i'm going to see Clutch on Sunday.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I'll be there. 2nd row, orchestra right. It's gonna be a good time. :D
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,881
    see ya there, i'll have on my black pj riot act skull shirt :)
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• The VacantThe Vacant Posts: 271
    my boss and two other coworkers are going. i'm going to see Clutch on Sunday.

That's going to be a great gig. Hoping to get some Big News and Prison Planet action. If they would bust out some Mute Assassins or Willie Nelson I'd be beside myself, but those two don't seem all that likely. Of course who would have expected Animal Farm, Easy Breeze, Slow Hole, and Oregon at the Troc back in the spring?
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201

my god its about time

now if only people here started using it
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • bharQ wrote:
    my god its about time

now if only people here started using it

But is this not the Other Music section? Quit griping.
    Okay... seatbelts. Just put the little thing into the big thing and... I tell ya what. If you don't know how to fasten your seatbelt, just raise your hand and I'll have Tommy Boy here come back there and hit you in the head with a tack hammer because you're a RETARD.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    But is this not the Other Music section? Quit griping.

Yes, it is the "other music" forum, so let's talk about "other music" instead of Chris Cornell for the first time in 6 months. Some of us don't have time to weed through page after page of Chris Cornell threads to get to a thread that normally would be on page one or 2.
    Yes, it is the "other music" forum, so let's talk about "other music" instead of Chris Cornell for the first time in 6 months. Some of us don't have time to weed through page after page of Chris Cornell threads to get to a thread that normally would be on page one or 2.

Relax. Threads like these are great for meeting other PJ fans at non-PJ shows.
    The Vacant wrote:
    That's going to be a great gig. Hoping to get some Big News and Prison Planet action. If they would bust out some Mute Assassins or Willie Nelson I'd be beside myself, but those two don't seem all that likely. Of course who would have expected Animal Farm, Easy Breeze, Slow Hole, and Oregon at the Troc back in the spring?
    i like the fact there there's some other C! fans on this board (even if it is in a Cornell thread!!!!)
    we will not hear Prison Planet or Mute Assassins. we'll get most of Beale St. plus Mob, Regulator, Who's Been Talking?/Gravel Road, Cypruss Grove, Promoter, Profits, Burning Beard, Mr. Flannery, Never be Moved, 10001110101, Mice & Gods, Slow hole, Oregon, Elephant Riders, Ship of Gold/Soapmakers and the new song King of Arizona. if you're luck (superlucky) you'll get Big News I or Texan.

the only song i want to hear is La Curondera. my favorite song that they never play when i see them.

i'll create a thread ... right now!
    Overall, it was a fun gig. A little too much Audioslave for my liking. Be Yourself is a middle of the road as 90% of Carry On. Easily the low point of the show for me. Ty Cobb, Say Hello To Heaven, and Jesus Christ Pose were highlights. Slaves And Bulldozers, My Wave, Burden In My Hand, and Loud Love contine to ellude me. Hopefully next time.

It was cool to get the live debut of Silence The Voices, and an unreleased tune. Chris said he wrote th unreleased tune for Johnny Cash ten years ago, but Cash felt it was too hard to sing. Neither Cash, nor Cornell ever recorded or released it. Someone had reminded Chris about the song though, so he decided to play it last night. Cool little tune. It had a dark vibe that is missing from the Carry On material.

Overall, the band continues to grow more confident and comfortable with each show. They all seemed to be having a blast on stage, and kept joking around and messing with one another. Chris also joked aroun a bit with the crowd. He really seems to be enjoying these gigs lately.

The setlist:

Sunshower Jam -> (no Chris)
    Let Me Drown
    Outshined
    Show Me How To Live
    No Such Thing
    Silence The Voices (1st time played)
    Hunger Strike
    Be Yourself
    Out of Exile
    What You Are ->
    Rusty Cage
    Can't Change Me (Chris solo/acoustic)
    unreleased tune (Chris solo/acoustic) (1st time played)
    Billie Jean (Chris solo/acoustic)
    Like A Stone (Chris solo/acoustic)
    Doesn't Remind Me (Chris solo/acoustic, band comes in after 1st chorus)
    Ty Cobb
    Cochise
    Wave Goodbye
    Say Hello To Heaven
    Spoonman

Encore:
    You Know My Name
    Seasons (with some lyrics from Zeppelin's version of In My Time of Dying)
    Black Hole Sun ->
    Jesus Christ Pose
    WOW. a LOT more Soundgarden than i expected... maybe i shoulda went to this show instead of seeing the Reading Phillies get slaughtered.
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    i loved the all the soundgarden stuff...and just when i thought he was gonna close with black hole sun and we weren't going to get Jesus Christ Pose they went right into it...awesome surprise

band was surprisingly good, especially the guitarists..they all play really well together and the songs sound great. cornell sounds great as well..it really shows that he stopped drinking and smoking.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
    Yeah, it was a fun show. The crowd lacked the energy and excitement of the Philly show I went to in April, but they were still pretty good. The band actually had a better performance than their performance a couple months ago.... seems like they're really getting more comfortable. The setlist was close to perfect for me (the setlist posted was mostly correct but Original Fire was never played, and you forgot Out of Exile)... Out of Exile and Show me How to Live are some of my favorite AS songs that weren't played at the other show I went to, so it was great to see them. Let Me Drown was killer. I love Ty Cobb, but Chris and the band didn't quite pull it off last night. Still a real surprise to see. Also that song that he wrote for Johnny Cash was amazing... he really needs to get in the studio and record it.

The worst part of the night was the fact that I had a drunken middle-aged woman who's seat was right next to mine. She was obnoxious, reeked of alcohol, and went ballistic whenever an Audioslave song came up (which, as mentioned earlier, was pretty often). She probably meant to go to a Bon Jovi concert but wound up at a Cornell concert by accident. :D
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    The Vacant wrote:
    It was cool to get the live debut of Silence The Voices, and an unreleased tune. Chris said he wrote th unreleased tune for Johnny Cash ten years ago, but Cash felt it was too hard to sing. Neither Cash, nor Cornell ever recorded or released it.
    I think it was recorded but I have no idea where to find it.

Cleaning My Gun

You and I went deeply, you and I went far and wide
    You and I went gently, you and I went for a ride
    But somewhere in the ashes of this burning lovers game
    Somehow you decided you would find another flame

And as you lay sleeping with you eyes softly shut
    I’ll be cleaning my gun
    When heaven or hell takes this life, I’ll be done

You never lied to me, never said you’d be around for long
    But somehow I believed that would be my only one
    Cause you know where I’m going, you know where I’m coming from,
    Now this train is slowly coming to it’s final destination

As you lay sleeping with your eyes softly shut
    I know it ain’t me that you’re dreaming of

Mother always told me love would save me from myself
    Daddy always said that love would take me straight to hell
    Sometimes they were righteous sometimes they were
    Oh so wrong
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,881
    great awesome show, one of the best ive been to, met some great people there, get this, even a pearl jam fan! would love to see him again in philly tonight but i have way too much to do...

rock on!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    Great show last night. I went to the one in NJ on Wednesday also, and it was good to see a nice handful of set changes.

I am almost sure Chris said that the Johnny Cash song was never recorded. He said noone had ever heard it before, live, or recorded. If it is recorded, he lied to us...lol..
    Great show last night. I went to the one in NJ on Wednesday also, and it was good to see a nice handful of set changes.

I am almost sure Chris said that the Johnny Cash song was never recorded. He said noone had ever heard it before, live, or recorded. If it is recorded, he lied to us...lol..

There's probably a demo recording of it out there. Nothing that was meant to be heard by the public though.