Silverchair live in the US this month?

Champagne BreakfastChampagne Breakfast Posts: 1,526
edited November 2007 in Other Music
Has anyone attended the recent Silverchair shows? I saw them twice in NYC the past year and they were incerdible good. Disappointed they're not coming around the east coast this time. If you've seen them recently please post a review.
PJ - 36
EV - 5
(**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    ill be going to their show at the house of blues in 2 weeks. i am so excited. and silversun pickups are opening too! two great bands. the chair stole the show at lolla and were excellent when i saw them on the neon ballroom tour years ago.
  • suns22suns22 Posts: 94
    Saw them last night in Austin. One of the better shows I've seen recently. Daniel is an awesome guitar player and his interaction with the crowd was very entertaining.

Israel's Son, Ana's Song, and Straight Lines were the highlights of the show for me.
    San Antonio '03
    Houston '03
    Dallas '03
    Hopefully more to come in TX.......some day.
    Bonnaroo '08
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,263
    Has anyone attended the recent Silverchair shows? I saw them twice in NYC the past year and they were incerdible good. Disappointed they're not coming around the east coast this time. If you've seen them recently please post a review.

damm i know i missed those shows i wonder if they will add more shows to the current schedule or is that it for this time around ..??
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Seeing them on the 16th of December in Atlanta.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • I'll be at Chicago on 12/12, but I have been checking out some of the setlists, and it is pretty standard.

Young Modern Station
    Emotion Sickness
    Israel's Son
    Reflections Of A Sound
    Insomnia
    Ana's Song (Open Fire)
    The Greatest View
    Tuna In The Brine
    Straight Lines
    The Door
    Mind Reader
    If You Keep Losing Sleep (encore)
    Freak (encore)

I read that they played "Low" in Vegas, which would be cool. I also read that they mentioned during an interview on Loveline that they would be back in the States in March/April.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,263
    lowlight10 wrote:
    I'll be at Chicago on 12/12, but I have been checking out some of the setlists, and it is pretty standard.

Young Modern Station
    Emotion Sickness
    Israel's Son
    Reflections Of A Sound
    Insomnia
    Ana's Song (Open Fire)
    The Greatest View
    Tuna In The Brine
    Straight Lines
    The Door
    Mind Reader
    Freak (encore)

I read that they played "Low" in Vegas, which would be cool. I also read that they mentioned during an interview on Loveline that they would be back in the States in March/April.

yeah i hope they do come around again in spring will be sure to check them out, at lolla i thought they sounded really good ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    lowlight10 wrote:
    I'll be at Chicago on 12/12, but I have been checking out some of the setlists, and it is pretty standard.

Young Modern Station
    Emotion Sickness
    Israel's Son
    Reflections Of A Sound
    Insomnia
    Ana's Song (Open Fire)
    The Greatest View
    Tuna In The Brine
    Straight Lines
    The Door
    Mind Reader
    Freak (encore)

They changed it up slightly in austin. If You Keep Losing Sleep was played right before the encore. I don't know the name of the first encore song, but Daniel was playing an acoustic guitar, and this dude in front of me was going nuts because of this song.
    San Antonio '03
    Houston '03
    Dallas '03
    Bonnaroo '08
    suns22 wrote:
    They changed it up slightly in austin. If You Keep Losing Sleep was played right before the encore. I don't know the name of the first encore song, but Daniel was playing an acoustic guitar, and this dude in front of me was going nuts because of this song.

possibly asylum. fan favorite b-side.

i'd love to see faultline or paint pastel princess, but i got both of those at my first show so can live without.
  • possibly asylum. fan favorite b-side.

i'd love to see faultline or paint pastel princess, but i got both of those at my first show so can live without.
    asylum daniel plays on piano. My guess would maybe be across the night or tuna in the brine???

Isreals son though!!! That is sick
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

• no chance it was Asylum.

i would guess it was Tuna as well, or Those Thieving Birds.
    -

lowlight10 wrote:
    no chance it was Asylum.

i would guess it was Tuna as well, or Those Thieving Birds.

he plays those solo acoustic?
    he plays those solo acoustic?

The whole band was playing while Daniel was on acoustic guitar. I thought it was interesting because that was the only time he used that guitar during the performance.

Wish I could tell y'all the name of the song, but I'm embarrassed to say, I only know the singles and the stuff off Young Modern.
    San Antonio '03
    Houston '03
    Dallas '03
    Bonnaroo '08
  • he plays those solo acoustic?

he doesnt play anything solo from the current setlist--at least not at Lollapalooza or other shows I have seen/heard.

suns22, if you can remember the chorus, we could probably help you out.
    -

suns22 wrote:
    The whole band was playing while Daniel was on acoustic guitar. I thought it was interesting because that was the only time he used that guitar during the performance.

Wish I could tell y'all the name of the song, but I'm embarrassed to say, I only know the singles and the stuff off Young Modern.

oooooooh. my bad :) no clue then!
  • He plays an acoustic on Across The Night. I could possibly see it being Tuna in the Brine too though.
  • any review of the past week or 2 of SC shows???
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

• VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    How about past month? :p

I saw them twice last month and holy crap! :eek: I was not prepared to be so completely and totally blown away! I use to be really into them back in the mid 90's (of course :rolleyes: ) and for whatever reason just lost touch with their music. *slaps self* Then last month a close friend of mine (a huge huuuuuuge fan) asked me to join her for 2 shows...San Diego and San Francisco. I agreed to tag along and was mildly excited about checking them out. I knew I'd have fun no matter what...but I had no idea I was gonna fall in love! Ever since the shows they have just been completely reborn back into my life. I'm hooked as hell on Young Modern and Diorama especially. This love has caughten me way off guard really...which is beautiful! These guys put on such an incredible show though. I feel like anyone that has any doubt about them can see them live and "get it". And Daniel man? He is fuckin... well ridiculously sexy, yes;)... but also just flat out AMAZINGLY TALENTED!! That voice!? *chills* What seriously mind-blowing range. Damn!! He's so hypnotizing to watch too. That stage presence is captivating! Really. Such a gifted man all around. Again, I am totally blown away.

*ahem*
    Ok...

About the shows...

I guess the changes in the set were in SD they played Those Thieving Birds. *faints* God I love that song. Soooooo beautiful. And then in SF he busted out a sparkley acoustic guitar to play Tuna In The Brine!!! *faints again* The crowd was going absolutely ape. It was awesome.

Even though the sets were relatively the same they made each show exciting in a different way. I loved the way Daniel interacted with the crowd, and the way the band interacted with each other. There's a real family vibe all around. These guys have just got it down! They are so skilled at what they do.

I want MORE! They've created a monster here. hehe.

Here's hoping they come back to the states in the Spring!!
    :D
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    How about past month? :p

I saw them twice last month and holy crap! :eek: I was not prepared to be so completely and totally blown away! I use to be really into them back in the mid 90's (of course :rolleyes: ) and for whatever reason just lost touch with their music. *slaps self* Then last month a close friend of mine (a huge huuuuuuge fan) asked me to join her for 2 shows...San Diego and San Francisco. I agreed to tag along and was mildly excited about checking them out. I knew I'd have fun no matter what...but I had no idea I was gonna fall in love! Ever since the shows they have just been completely reborn back into my life. I'm hooked as hell on Young Modern and Diorama especially. This love has caughten me way off guard really...which is beautiful! These guys put on such an incredible show though. I feel like anyone that has any doubt about them can see them live and "get it". And Daniel man? He is fuckin... well ridiculously sexy, yes;)... but also just flat out AMAZINGLY TALENTED!! That voice!? *chills* What seriously mind-blowing range. Damn!! He's so hypnotizing to watch too. That stage presence is captivating! Really. Such a gifted man all around. Again, I am totally blown away.

*ahem*
    Ok...

About the shows...

I guess the changes in the set were in SD they played Those Thieving Birds. *faints* God I love that song. Soooooo beautiful. And then in SF he busted out a sparkley acoustic guitar to play Tuna In The Brine!!! *faints again* The crowd was going absolutely ape. It was awesome.

Even though the sets were relatively the same they made each show exciting in a different way. I loved the way Daniel interacted with the crowd, and the way the band interacted with each other. There's a real family vibe all around. These guys have just got it down! They are so skilled at what they do.

I want MORE! They've created a monster here. hehe.

Here's hoping they come back to the states in the Spring!!
    :D
    Nice. Cool review. Yea, I've been a fan from day 1 and tried to evolve with the band. Diorama is one of my favorite albums of all time. Dan is the man. Talented is an understatement. One of the sickest voices ever. He can do anything with it.

Did you get Isreal's son at either show? That was my one disappointment about the NY shows. We did not. But we got Across the night, without you, greatest view.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

• last night in Chicago was disappointing. i guess the guys were a bit sick, no Tuna or Strange Behavior, and they cut out The Door too (which I didnt miss). if Daniel would stop fucking around, they could have squeezed another 2-3 songs in their 80 min. set. Overall, not as good as the Lollapalooza set, and I wish they gave a little more respect to the American fans.

dont get me wrong, still love the band and their music, but was disappointed with the show.
    -

lowlight10 wrote:
    last night in Chicago was disappointing. i guess the guys were a bit sick, no Tuna or Strange Behavior, and they cut out The Door too (which I didnt miss). if Daniel would stop fucking around, they could have squeezed another 2-3 songs in their 80 min. set. Overall, not as good as the Lollapalooza set, and I wish they gave a little more respect to the American fans.

dont get me wrong, still love the band and their music, but was disappointed with the show.

yeah, i think they were hurting from whatever virus they kept talking about. still, they nailed what they did play. it did feel like a short set. there were long breaks with daniel bantering with the crowd (best concert quote of my year: "we want some of that god money bi-otch!), i got the feeling he was kinda stalling at times last night. he looked really afraid to play straight lines and referenced the leno show. still, i had a good time. while i would have liked to hear more songs, they were on for the ones they did play and the jokes and nonsense in between were pretty entertaining on the whole.

also, the sliversun pickups, who opened, kicked fucking ass.
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Nice. Cool review. Yea, I've been a fan from day 1 and tried to evolve with the band. Diorama is one of my favorite albums of all time. Dan is the man. Talented is an understatement. One of the sickest voices ever. He can do anything with it.

Did you get Isreal's son at either show? That was my one disappointment about the NY shows. We did not. But we got Across the night, without you, greatest view.

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the review. I really am taken back by the whole experience. Thats awesome that you've been a fan since day 1! Thats how my friend is too. It's actually really interesting coming into in later on like this. I mean the last sound I really knew was Frogstomp and Freak Show era ya know? Then when I heard Reflections and Straight Lines on the radio I loved them right away. Then come to find out that was Silverchair! WTF? haha. I was shocked as hell. My friend had burned some of their stuff to listen to before the shows actually and I remember feeling that same shocked feeling. Kinda reminded me of PJ. How people that only know the earlier stuff are completely shocked by songs like, You Are for instance. ;) I really appreciate it now though. And like I said, in the end I have found myself most drawn to the last 2 albums!! The guys have just grown tremendously. Daniel has especially blossomed into such a brilliant, brilliant songwriter/musician. You're right. He can do anything!! What an evolution indeed. :)

Oh and getting back to your question. hehe. Wait, you got Across the Night at your show??? *chills* Aw wow. :o But yeah they actually played Isreal's Son at both my shows. Great crowd interaction each time too of course! San Francisco was really small and intimate and looooud. San Diego though! I just felt some extra special vibes there and it was obvious that the rest of the band did too. Daniel was having a blast at that show. Suuuuper chatty and just joking around with us all night. He was cracking me up! What a little comedian. :p So many classic quotes from him that night that me and my friend will be reciting for days and day to come. haha. He also kept praising the crowd repeatedly. He said it was one of the best crowds they've played to and how he hardly ever says that. He also made some jokes about he wished he could bring us on the bus for the rest of the tour...and just have the same crowd at every show. hehe. It was cute. :p I read Paul Mac's blog a few days after the show and come to find out, Paul thinks that was the greatest gig they have played! And THAT was my first show?!?!! Man! No wonder I'm so floored and hooked over here. haha. I really could not have dreamed of a better one.

I have NO frickin idea how I lost touch with this band! I'm just very much grateful that has changed.

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • not4u10not4u10 Posts: 238
    Saw them in Philly in July. I thought they were awesome.

In their fan club letter, they said the San Diego show was one of their Top 5 best shows ever. Wish I was there.
    08/28/98-09/01/00-12/08/02-12/09/02-04/28/03-05/03/03-07/05/03-07/06/03-07/08/03-07/09/03-07/12/03-10/01/04-10/03/05-05/13/06-05/27/06-05/28/06-06/01/06-06/03/06-06/19/08-06/25/08-10/28/09-10/31/09-05/17/10-10/19/13-10/21/13-10/27/13-4/28/16
    I saw them last night the last night of their tour evidently. It seems a lot of you all are big fans so i won't give much of a reveiw because i was pretty underwhelmed.

Just not my thing i guess.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    I saw them last night the last night of their tour evidently. It seems a lot of you all are big fans so i won't give much of a reveiw because i was pretty underwhelmed.

Just not my thing i guess.

daniel's onstage antics rub some people the wrong way. was he still battling the flu or whatever? his voice, while amazing, seems unfortunately fragile.
    daniel's onstage antics rub some people the wrong way. was he still battling the flu or whatever? his voice, while amazing, seems unfortunately fragile.
    His voice seemed good. Very talented guitar player and singer.

He did this whole pretty boy thing taking his shirt off and comenting on it i thought that was a bit odd. At one point he asked the crowd to sing like they were american idols..... for someone who hates that show i was not thrilled i thought that was pretty lame.
    Overall though it was not the antics it was more the music. It seemed to be lacking stuff. Like even the heavy riffs seemed controled and safe ... that probalby does not make sense but i guess the sound seemed polished and safe. Even when they would jam it seemed controled.

Ahh Hard to put it in words i just know i did not care for it.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22