Anyone see Alter Bridge on their current tour?

Champagne BreakfastChampagne Breakfast Posts: 1,526
edited October 2007 in Other Music
I saw Alter Bridge in NYC last night. Damn they were really good. They are solid live and heavier than what u hear on their albums. Myles Kennedy is an extremely talented dude. Tremonti is a sick guitar player too. Myles did a solo Jeff Buckley cover, that was pretty cool.
After the show my buddies and i spilled into a small irish pub across the street from the venue. We just went for a drink and watch the end of the baseball game when all of a sudden the band (minus the bass player punk) and their people came in. We partied with them for a little and they are really cool dudes. Mark and Myles are extremely nice. The drummer is not so much, he thought he was hot shit.

All in all I was suprised, Alter Bridge is sick. Aside from a few familiar faces don't even think the word Creed.
PJ - 36
EV - 5
(**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Myles did a solo Jeff Buckley cover

Do you know which one?

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Do you know which one?

PBM
    Hallelujah
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Hallelujah

Um, Buckley covered that song.
  • Um, Buckley covered that song.

Yeah, you are right. BUT, Myles covers it in the same style as Buckley - I saw him do it last year and it was pretty incredible, he has a very similar sounding voice at times.

I think the drummer is really shy, so perhaps he came off aloof? When I met him he seemed nice enough, pretty quiet, but he happily posed for a photo. Mark and Myles are both far more out-going, very down to earth guys, exactly as you would hope a rock star might be.