Options

Fuel + Chris Daughtry??

Champagne BreakfastChampagne Breakfast Posts: 1,526
edited May 2006 in Other Music
Any Fuel fans out there?
I used to be a huge fan. But I thought Brett was awesome. Now that he left and the band is a total mess I'm getting turned off.

Plus,...Chris Daugthry from American Idol has been offered the front man gig. May not happen though. What would u think?
PJ - 36
EV - 5
(**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    leafs4everleafs4ever Posts: 833
    i was never the biggest fuel fan for some reason, liked alot of their songs but i dunno. That Chris guy from AI can fuckin rock though, he needs to be some band and doing live shows
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    09/19/05, 05/09/06, 05/10/06
  • Options
    ucsbledbetterucsbledbetter Posts: 173
    I read on the Fuel message boards that Fuel and Chris Daughtry was just a rumor...
  • Options
    Fuel message board?

Good god.
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Seems like a logical match, he certainly has the right sounding voice for it. I'm quite shocked he got voted off this week, although it's probably the best thing that happened to him, since he would have had to compromise quite a lot if he won.
  • Options
    Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    Pearls&StonesPearls&Stones Posts: 585
    Never much of a Fuel fan. But Chris could make me a fan. I think he'd f-in' rock with them.

Personally, I think it is best for him that he lost. American Idol got him the exposure he needed, but the label of being the American Idol would have ended up being a curse for a rocker like him.

I'll buy the cd if they do it.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • Options
    addvsaddvs Posts: 34
    Man... I used to LOVE Fuel! Brett was awesome! Chris is a real rocker at heart, so I think he'd do well with any rock band. I was thinking something a little more original, though.
  • Options
    DeadermanDeaderman Posts: 49
    I heard Chris' stuff with Absent Element...i am not impressed...
    Power without Perception is virtually useless and therefore of no true value
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Why did Brett split from Fuel?
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    HYLAHYLA Posts: 137
    Wait, I don't get it. There is a guy on American Idol that actually rocks? Are you kidding? Or is this guy like Nickelback "rock".
  • Options
    10_pearljam10_pearljam Posts: 172
    HYLA wrote:
    Wait, I don't get it. There is a guy on American Idol that actually rocks? Are you kidding? Or is this guy like Nickelback "rock".

actually in all seriousness, he was pretty good...fucking WAY better than that jackass from nickelback. His sound kind of reminded me of stained. His Walk the Line was an identical replica of Live's version...it wasn't too bad...
    He is alive but feels absolutely nothing.
    So is he?
    When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him.
    By nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact.
    No tradebacks...
    So this is what it's like to be an adult
    If he only knew now what he knew then...
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    i think Fuel was a good band and never got the respect they should have....i saw them 3 times live and was impressed everytime....i think Chris would be a great fit for the band and it would revive Fuel...sales for the band have already shown growth again and the band is missing a lead singer, that should tell Chris something

keep in mind tho too Chris has a band of his own Absent Element to go back to as well
  • Options
    NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
    red mos wrote:
    Why did Brett split from Fuel?

I don't think he can sing anymore... throat surgeries and whatnot...

He's playing bass in another band now...
  • Options
    Any Fuel fans out there?
    I used to be a huge fan. But I thought Brett was awesome. Now that he left and the band is a total mess I'm getting turned off.

Plus,...Chris Daugthry from American Idol has been offered the front man gig. May not happen though. What would u think?

Wow, where have I been. I really like Fuel and didn't hear the Brett quit. Any idea why?

I actually met them at a CD signing and they seemed pretty cool.
  • Options
    NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
    Wow, where have I been. I really like Fuel and didn't hear the Brett quit. Any idea why?

I actually met them at a CD signing and they seemed pretty cool.

see post above yours - I think I read somewhere it was because he ruined his vocal chords...
  • Options
    Have you ever heard their cheesy songs? The guy was killing his voice trying to sound like Eddie/Chris/Layne.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    Have you ever heard their cheesy songs? The guy was killing his voice trying to sound like Eddie/Chris/Layne.

actually he sounded like none of them, nor did i think he was trying...so i politely disagree with this
  • Options
    verb_to_trustverb_to_trust Posts: 178
    chris sucked. If he was any kind of "rocker" that we should give a shit about then what was he doing on american idol.

And Fuel obviously wants to cash in on his exposure if they offered him the job.

pathetic on all grounds
  • Options
    I was pissed he got voted off, he was great. Although like's been said, it's better for his career this way, now he can do what he wants. I never gave Fuel a chance, but would if he takes the offer...I'm thinking he'll end up doing his solo stuff though.

(...Stupid Taylor Hicks better not win. "Whooooo!" lol.)
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."