Camp Freddy (Los Angeles)

Champagne BreakfastChampagne Breakfast Posts: 1,526
edited November 2006 in Other Music
Anyone ever catch a Camp Freddy show? I think they've only played in LA. Its basically a supergroup side "fun" project. Various members have included:
Slash, Navarro, Scott Weiland, guys from the Cult, Brett Scallions, Mark McGrath.
If you've seen or heard them.....what type of songs do they play?
Originals? Covers?
They played last night in LA for the Playstation 3 party.
PJ - 36
EV - 5
(**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I have seen them a bunch of times...they usually only do corporate gigs & benefits....the only do covers, and they always have surpise guests who usually sing their hits, such as Lemmy, Rob Zombie, Annabella from Bow Wow Wow (sooo foxy looking!), Terri Nun from Berlin, Courtney Love, Billy Duffy (The Cult),etc.....always a fun show.....they are playing at the Indie 103.1 Holiday show, along with Lily Allen.

The main core members are Dave Navarro, Matt Sorum, Donovan Leitch (Former singer from nancy Boy, also a model....son of Donovan "mellow Yello") and Billy Morrison.

Always a fun show!

They usually do cool tunes...Ballroom Blitz, 20th Century Boy, Surrender (cheap Trick), and as I mentioned, the guest vocalists usually do their hits.
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I'd like to see camp freddy.

I found out about them on you tube when I was looking for brett scallions' videos which led me to circus diablo (billy morrison and brett scallions) which led me to camp freddy.

:)

but it would be a surprise, wouldn't it? different members on different nights?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=20184708

http://www.campfreddy.net/home.php

and then I found this lonely little thread when I searched on this board for camp freddy.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    p.s.

they are considered a cover band. I saw a you tube video where scotty weiland was performing crackerman with camp freddy.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • They were on Leno a while back. Matt Sorum, Slash and a couple members of Cheap Trick. They played Surrender.
  • I saw them a couple of months ago in SanFrancisco.
    Mark Mcgrath (sp?) played with them. Was never a fan of his but let me tell you ...... he did a great version of 'Holiday in Cambodia' by the Dead Kennedy's that totally rocked all the old corporate guy's ass.
    "You can bomb the world to pieces but you can't bomb into peace"
    Michael Franti