Recent Chili Peppers Set List

Champagne BreakfastChampagne Breakfast Posts: 1,526
edited December 2006 in Other Music
Can anyone post any recent RHCP setlists from their shows this year?
My guess it the set has usually been standard & consistant.
Thanks
PJ - 36
EV - 5
(**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    well...i dont want to brag or anything but a little while back I had placed a bid on the ticketmaster auction for 4th row and won! And, wow, it was amazing. So anyways, my cousin and I wanted to get there early because we like The Mars Volta, and we wanted to have the full concert experience. So we get there and theres no one else in the first four rows except for us and theres maybe about 6 people scattered throughout the rows behind us (on the floor). So we're rockin out to TMV and then I look over the guard rail and I see someone who looks like they are literally a homeless person. They're wearing slippers, a flanel shirt and sweatpants and drinking out of a coffee mug. So my first reaction was, wow, this guy must have been sponsored for some special orginization or something and he got to go to the concert. But then I started looking at him more and it hit me. This is John Frusciante. So I started screaming, "JOHN! JOHN! JOHN!" and he turned around and waved to me. But that's not all. A little later in TMV set, my cousin turns to me and says, hey look two rows behind us. That guy looks like Flea. And I'm like haha. Shut-up. No way. But then, I look at him for a little while and then I see the little elephant arm band on his right arm and I was just like "holy crap. That is Michael Flea Balazary." So I'm staring at him and he knows that I know it's him so he smiles back and gets up and starts to walk to the back and I'm like, "FLEA FLEA FLEA!" And he turns and shakes my hand. Wow. But this whole time that he was sitting behind me (about 15 minutes for all I know) I didn't even take a picture. So then I go looking around for AK or Chad, but only find Chad and by the time i screamed CHAD security was calling him back and were also pushing me away.

Anyways...here's the setlist from that show...
    Intro Jam, Can't Stop, Dani California, Scar Tissue, Charlie, Fortune Faded, 21st Century, Parallel Universe, Hump De Bump, For Emily (John Solo), Snow (Hey Oh), Nobody Weird Like Me, Wet Sand, (London Calling)/Right On Time, Don't Forget Me, Tell Me Baby, (Jam)/Californication, By The Way
    Encore:
    Under The Bridge, You're Gonna Get Yours/Give It Away/Jam

pretty consistent with their shows.
    if you're interested seeing my pics from fourth row...
    http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o192/rhcpjam1029/?start=all
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    well...i dont want to brag or anything but a little while back I had placed a bid on the ticketmaster auction for 4th row and won! And, wow, it was amazing. So anyways, my cousin and I wanted to get there early because we like The Mars Volta, and we wanted to have the full concert experience. So we get there and theres no one else in the first four rows except for us and theres maybe about 6 people scattered throughout the rows behind us (on the floor). So we're rockin out to TMV and then I look over the guard rail and I see someone who looks like they are literally a homeless person. They're wearing slippers, a flanel shirt and sweatpants and drinking out of a coffee mug. So my first reaction was, wow, this guy must have been sponsored for some special orginization or something and he got to go to the concert. But then I started looking at him more and it hit me. This is John Frusciante. So I started screaming, "JOHN! JOHN! JOHN!" and he turned around and waved to me. But that's not all. A little later in TMV set, my cousin turns to me and says, hey look two rows behind us. That guy looks like Flea. And I'm like haha. Shut-up. No way. But then, I look at him for a little while and then I see the little elephant arm band on his right arm and I was just like "holy crap. That is Michael Flea Balazary." So I'm staring at him and he knows that I know it's him so he smiles back and gets up and starts to walk to the back and I'm like, "FLEA FLEA FLEA!" And he turns and shakes my hand. Wow. But this whole time that he was sitting behind me (about 15 minutes for all I know) I didn't even take a picture. So then I go looking around for AK or Chad, but only find Chad and by the time i screamed CHAD security was calling him back and were also pushing me away.

Anyways...here's the setlist from that show...
    Intro Jam, Can't Stop, Dani California, Scar Tissue, Charlie, Fortune Faded, 21st Century, Parallel Universe, Hump De Bump, For Emily (John Solo), Snow (Hey Oh), Nobody Weird Like Me, Wet Sand, (London Calling)/Right On Time, Don't Forget Me, Tell Me Baby, (Jam)/Californication, By The Way
    Encore:
    Under The Bridge, You're Gonna Get Yours/Give It Away/Jam

pretty consistent with their shows.
    if you're interested seeing my pics from fourth row...
    http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o192/rhcpjam1029/?start=all

Imagine if PJ only did stuff from their last 3 albums every night, except for maybe a few oldies.....would people keep coming back?
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Imagine if PJ only did stuff from their last 3 albums every night, except for maybe a few oldies.....would people keep coming back?

yep, great band, the stage presence and energy is up there with the best, however i have seen them on every tour since californication, and with very few exceptions the setlists are very standard and predictable, considering their catalog this has been extremely dissappointing
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    There is a live aol concert on the chili peppers myspace page, for anyone curious to hear what they are like. I just don't really care to see them live myself... I think for what they are charging, I'd leave dissapointed.

but here ya go:

http://music.aol.com/videos/live-concerts/red-hot-chili-peppers
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • 3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    wow what a shitty setlist. this confirms my good idea not to buy tix for their orlando show. they've just gotten trite. they aren't even playing the good shit from stadium aracadium. the last good performance i heard from them was when they opened for PJ in Seattle II. they were loose and having fun and dropped a great little set to get the crowd going, like an opening band should do.
    Live Free or Die!
  • Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Anyone who skips seeing them because of setlist complaints will miss some of the best live guitar and bass playing you will ever hear. They may not vary the set list much, but John always improvises his solos and he and Flea do quite a bit of jamming. The way they improvise together is amazing, almost like they have a telepathic connection. They remind me of the way Zeppelin and Hendrix used to play live.
  • The setlists for NA 06 tour were really generic, but in the Nov/Dec European tour they started mixing in some old classics again, like BSSM, Higher Ground, Funky Monks, Freaky Styley, Sir Psycho Sexy, If You Have To Ask, Power Of Equality and Suck My Kiss....

On the downside they have yet to perform literally half of Stadium Arcadium live...
    REMEMBER KIDS....

The Bible is full of lies - Stone is the leader of us all!
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    I'm Gone wrote:
    The setlists for NA 06 tour were really generic, but in the Nov/Dec European tour they started mixing in some old classics again, like BSSM, Higher Ground, Funky Monks, Freaky Styley, Sir Psycho Sexy, If You Have To Ask, Power Of Equality and Suck My Kiss....

On the downside they have yet to perform literally half of Stadium Arcadium live...

I think the way its looking half of SA will never be performed live, which is a shame, because a lot of the songs not getting performed are some of the best.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • I think the way its looking half of SA will never be performed live, which is a shame, because a lot of the songs not getting performed are some of the best.

The Peppers have always been that way. I think there are still around 5 songs from BSSM that have never been performed or performed only once. Quite a few songs from By the Way have never been performed either. I'd really love to hear Turn It Again live. I guess they don't play it because they couldn't reproduce all the guitar lyering at the end, but I'd be happy with just a nice, long, crazy solo from Frusciante.
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:

i would....

with a huge smile....
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:

People keep coming back when they don't play Jeremy or Last Kiss every show, so yeah I'd say so!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Going to RHCP in a couple of weeks, and looking forward to the show regardless if they do the same one every night. Never seem them live, love their music.

I was surprised by the shortness of the list posted though. DVD Live at Slane was a good show, lots more songs and that is what I am expecting!
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
    That AOL performance I posted above could also have very easily been a festival appearence which also may be why it was so short. I wish they'd vary up the setlist with more SA stuff cause the album (specifically disc 1, and the first part of disc 2) have some really great catchy songs... some of fuchante and Fleas best work.
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    Has much of One hot minute being played live over the last few years?
  • thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    i was kinda disappointed when i saw them a few months ago
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • John has never learned any of the stuff from One Hot Minute and has said he has no interest in playing it.

Thatgirl: Were you disappointed in the setlist or the actual performance? I'd be surprised if it was the latter. I've downloaded a fair amount of stuff from their recent shows and it ahs all sounded awesome.
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    hendrix78 wrote:
    John has never learned any of the stuff from One Hot Minute and has said he has no interest in playing it.

Thatgirl: Were you disappointed in the setlist or the actual performance? I'd be surprised if it was the latter. I've downloaded a fair amount of stuff from their recent shows and it ahs all sounded awesome.
    I think that "My friends" is a great song
  • I'm Gone wrote:
    The setlists for NA 06 tour were really generic, but in the Nov/Dec European tour they started mixing in some old classics again, like BSSM, Higher Ground, Funky Monks, Freaky Styley, Sir Psycho Sexy, If You Have To Ask, Power Of Equality and Suck My Kiss....

I think SA may be there best yet, and they need to play it....that CD just grows on me!
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
    I saw the new leg of the tour last night in Dallas. (It actually was supposed to be the 2nd show of the tour but OKC was postponed due to weather and I thought ours was too but it happened... and it was a great show.

Here is the set:
    can't stop, Dani California, Scar tissue, charlie, havana affair, hump de bump, BSSM, Song bird (John Fruscante solo, Fleetwood mac cover), snow (Hey Oh), Throw away your television, warlocks, me and my friends, stadium Arcadium, right on time, C'mon girl, californication, By the way.
    Encore: Under the bridge, Give it away, 15 minute outro Jam (Just John, Flea, chad, and the bongo player from Gnarls Barkley.
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Yes we would, but we'd be chanting "PLAY "OFF HE GOES" YOU PUSSIES" :D
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"