pearl jam in rock super bowl

present addresspresent address Posts: 72
edited February 2008 in The Porch
here in n.c. it is led zep vs pj vote on line or call... here is the website
http://96rockonline.com/listingsEntryHeadline.asp?ID=531581
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    We on this board evidently OWN this station. LOL PJ should in all fairness not be crushing Led Zep. But as a PJ finatic i voted for them as well.

hehehe
  • Options
    NC_IrieNC_Irie Posts: 270
    WOW! thats a hammering PJ is putting on zep. Didn't expect it to be that bad, but once this board gets a hold of it, watch out!

anyone know if this station even plays a lot of PJ? that would be cool, since there are no stations here in charlotte, nc even close to playing eddie or PJ.
    Empty pockets will allow a greater sense of wealth.
    Why contain yourself like any other book on the shelf?

Subtle voices in the wind hear the truth they're telling.
    A world begins where the road ends.
    Watch me leave it all behind.
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    We on this board evidently OWN this station. LOL PJ should in all fairness not be crushing Led Zep. But as a PJ finatic i voted for them as well.

hehehe

Those of you who know me from the Stones message boards know my total and complete hatred for Led Zeppelin.....This poll is completely accurate as PJ is far more original and artistic in the studio and is so far beyond LZ as it pertains to live shows that it is really not a fair fight IMO.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    ChadsStillAliveChadsStillAlive Indianapolis Posts: 450
    Well, one crime in the brackets is the way Pink Floyd got only a #4 seed and therefore had to be paired up against Zeppelin. After all, it is pure comedy (or perhaps tragedy) to believe that AC/DC, Van Halen (my God), Guns N Roses, Metallica, and Aerosmith are all better bands than Pink fucking Floyd.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side.
    I am right by your side.
  • Options
    I have posted this link on the Stones message board (Shidoobee.com) asking for their support as well in eliminated Led Zeppelin.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    Well, one crime in the brackets is the way Pink Floyd got only a #4 seed and therefore had to be paired up against Zeppelin. After all, it is pure comedy (or perhaps tragedy) to believe that AC/DC, Van Halen (my God), Guns N Roses, Metallica, and Aerosmith are all better bands than Pink fucking Floyd.

WHile I am not a Pink Floyd fan, I agree with you. Floyd and the Stones are much better than all that other crap you mentioned above.
  • Options
    NC_IrieNC_Irie Posts: 270
    Van Halen, GnR, Metallica, Aerosmith?? are you kidding me? they might as well add Winger and Cinderella to the list.

I think Zeppelin (and Floyd) are so different than PJ to even compare. And where was the Who in all these bands? I dont remember seeing tthem in the brackets but I could have missed them.

Ive always said that PJ, the Who, and Zep were the best 3 bands ever. I don't think any will ever come close to those 3 IMO.
    Empty pockets will allow a greater sense of wealth.
    Why contain yourself like any other book on the shelf?

Subtle voices in the wind hear the truth they're telling.
    A world begins where the road ends.
    Watch me leave it all behind.
  • Options

WHile I am not a Pink Floyd fan, I agree with you. Floyd and the Stones are much better than all that other crap you mentioned above.
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    The djs have been whining all day saying that someone is running a program or script that keeps voting PJ in the online portion of the poll. I fully expected to see some kind of thread here on the Pit when I got home from work. The call in votes have been the exact opposite in favor of Zeppelin.

And to answer someone's question from above. I like to complain about the station for some of the crap they play, but they do play plenty of PJ on there. In the end it's just a stupid radio promotion but someone is doing a good job of annoying those folks over there at the station.
    Brian
  • Options
    Zeppelin have been around longer than PJ. That's all they have over them. I lived through Zeppelin and I'm living through PJ. Not only is PJ more relevant, their greatest music stacks up against any classic rock band's greatest music. They compare particularly well against Led Zeppelin.

If you have to compete, you can't count them out just because the other band has been around longer.

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
  • Options
    pj lost........ this station has been kissin lz ass since the concert announcement......... oh well thanks for the fun..........
  • Options
    Since 106 went down, this is the best station we've got. Bob the Blade is coming, maybe he'll clean up the place.
  • Options
    lol this station is full of shit.

When I voted earlier it was something like 82% - 18% in favor of PJ.

From the website:
    While The New England Patriots and The New York Giants battle it out on the gridiron at Superbowl 42, we here at 96rock had a no holds bared battle for some of our greatest 96rock artist. After thousands of phone and online votes LED ZEPPELIN WINS and is crowned 96rock's "King of Rock."
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."