New Songs that are awsome

stonetemplejamstonetemplejam Posts: 91
edited August 2006 in Other Music
Hey this is Rob Lee otherwise know as stonetemplejam or rocker rockstar. I have not officially made an artist name. But so far I am just using Rob Lee. Hey I just went to the recording studio and recorded some songs. They are amazing. I think everyone will love them. They sound a lot like stp, soundgarden, nirvana, and pearl jam.

One song sounds like crackerman or wicked garden, another sounds like SG apple bite, the other sounds like a heavy sound garden song. So far I have tracked the guitars, bass, and drums.

I hired a band to help me out in the studio. I am doing the guitar and vocals so I have a lot of control on this album. I was so excited about how the songs were coming out I have had problems sleeping for two days. I have always said I wanted STP to make Core 2 or Pearl Jam to make Ten 2 well some times you have to make it your self.

Join my MYSPACE and I will put up some song clips and one song for down load in the future. I have some rough demos on there now. The new songs are completely professional you will not be dissapointed. I should have them up by early september. Following that will be a EP for purchase or songs for down load. I have already got ideas for t-shirts. I have been writting music for 5 years or more and this is very exciting and it feels really good to hear my songs on a professional cd. I will be tracking vocals in 2 weeks.

Join my My Space..........

http://www.myspace.com/roblee1000

rock on,

Rob
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    10 2? Such would eliminate the idea of an artist growing...buuut whatever floats your boat man
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I found We Got to be nearly unlistenable. I normally don't knock people for their music, but you seem to be quite cocky about yours. Comparing what you wrote to Ten or Core is a bit of a stretch.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
  • Well that song was a crappy boom box version recorded with a voice recorder that of course is not great. My new songs are completely professional sounding. I will put one of the early versions of the songs on the site soon so you guys can actually hear it. I still have to record the vocals.
  • Oh yeah I will be putting on guitar solos and stuff like that on the songs.
  • I do believe that they are sounding great and if things keep on going well they sould be awsome.
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    Very cocky.. I don't see whats so great about this.. not very original.. not the best sounding voice.. guitar is crap

sorry guy
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    This thread is decidedly not awEsome.
  • sickwilliesickwillie Posts: 178
    I opened this thread thinking that maybe the poster was sharing ideas on what new songs out there are awesome. Or, maybe, asking us what we thought was awesome as it pertains to new songs.

Posting that YOUR new songs are awesome is not awesome. I mean, if you think they are, great, you can think that. And, if you've got the time, cash and dedication to create, play and record music, I couldn't be happier for you. But to self-promote yourself in this particular way is bound to turn some people off.

I would say that, once you have more songs recorded, post the link to your Myspace page, and just present it as music. Put it out there for interpretation and opinion; let US decide whether or not it's awesome.

After all, you won't be buying your album, or sitting in the front row of your shows. But we might. We have the power to take you to the top, or hold you down in obscurity.

I guess all I'm saying is, if you want us to like your stuff, telling us it's awesome isn't the best way to do it because, as we've seen in the replies, it makes you sound cocky. That's fine if you're a rapper, but tends to make people not like you if you're not. I respect you for trying to go somewhere with your music, and I only say this because I want you to keep trying. And when you've created something awesome... truly, undeniably awesome... the world will let you know.
    "We've done really well with teenage death songs." -EV
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
    heard the myspace songs....uhhh...I'm giving you a slight break because you're living in wyoming and are probably a bit behind in the times...but you've got work to do.

the vocals....forced, unnatural
    the guitar.....can't hold a beat
    the style.....nothing unique, just a blatant rip off of early STP
    the sound....same problem with the style

the songs dont seem to go anywhere either.

and i wont even go into the recording quality
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • I give your music two thumbs down
  • Gotta say: as a fan of STP, Pearl Jam, Cornell etc...

...You've got a long, lllllllllooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg way to go before you can yourself awesome.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying your music is bad (except:I am).
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • You guys were checking out songs that I should have never put up. They were just ideas for songs and bad recordings. Now please give me another chance go back and check out my songs. I just put up the new demo tracks from the studio at 8:30. Oh and by the way I am a huge fan of STP and soundgarden. You may think of it as a rip off I think of it as a tribute to their greatness and I want more music in the world like theres. Lets face it STP will more then likely never make another album like core so why cant I try to make something like it. I think 90s music is the best and I am doing my best to make something great. I will add my own flare to my music because I have lots of influences including monster magnet, corrosion of comfority. As far as being cocky I just loved my songs so much and was blown away by how much better they came out when I worked them out with a band. I was on a high from the studio recording going so well that I said they are awsome. Well I think they are awsome so far. I know they have a ways to go still. I will be doing guitar redubs and adding lead or solos. I will be adding vocals so that could change the whole vibe. Wish me luck guys. I spent $3000 cash making 3 songs and worked on the ideas for 6 months. Go check them out on my space.
  • bluemonkeybluemonkey Posts: 198
    anything by danko jones!!
  • I checked them out and ...yeah, they are still really bad. The sound quality is better though, I'll give you that. If I were you I would try and get my money back.
  • Sorry, man, still not working for me...

Ripping off a couple of STP riffs won't make you Scott Weiland.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Remember these songs are not done yet. I have not finished all the guitar on the songs yet. There will be lead guitar on some of it. I will add in guitar pick slides, fed back, other touches. I will change the structure of the songs. Also, we will add effects to the guitar and change the drum sound. The mixing and mastering is not done yet. I will also add vocals and vocal effect witch should make them even better. What you are hearing is just one day at the studio. I think it turned out. I am doing this under a small budget and only have 2 days to record every thing. The mixing is on the 3erd day. I was not going to show you these until they were all done but since every one was checking out the old tracks I had to put something better up on my space. Any suggestions on the song arrangement or guitar effects let me know. Oh yeah and I converted these with a shitty mp3 encoder which could not help.
    I checked them out and ...yeah, they are still really bad. The sound quality is better though, I'll give you that. If I were you I would try and get my money back.
    i don't want my money back man...danko jones is the best NEW thing in music today!
  • If feel much better now. If the songs sound a little like stp it is because I love stp that much..
  • bluemonkey wrote:
    i don't want my money back man...danko jones is the best NEW thing in music today!
    Who the hell is Danko Jones?
    Who the hell is Danko Jones?

"I got a black Cadillac
    I got it off my mom and dad
    They said "don't forget the keys, son"
    So you can get it on
    I keep the back seat for lovin'
    I like to drive up front
    And when we're makin' out
    I keep your boyfriend in the trunk!"

THAT's Danko Jones. And to whoever called him the best new thing in music, he's been doing this for about ten years now, so it's not so much he's new to music, more like music's new to him... yeah, something like that.
    sickwillie wrote:
    "I got a black Cadillac
    I got it off my mom and dad
    They said "don't forget the keys, son"
    So you can get it on
    I keep the back seat for lovin'
    I like to drive up front
    And when we're makin' out
    I keep your boyfriend in the trunk!"

THAT's Danko Jones. And to whoever called him the best new thing in music, he's been doing this for about ten years now, so it's not so much he's new to music, more like music's new to him... yeah, something like that.
    nice!!! i know he's not new,but he's pretty much brand new to most people on this board."sleep is the enemy" is the first album most people in the states would know.
    bluemonkey wrote:
    nice!!! i know he's not new,but he's pretty much brand new to most people on this board."sleep is the enemy" is the first album most people in the states would know.

True. It's my understanding that "First Date" is becoming a minor hit in the U.S. of A... funny, he's actually more popular in the States and Europe than he is in his home nation.

I actually saw him live a few years ago in a tiny, sweaty bar. High energy, nice and loud. But, for some strange reason, he gets really pissy when you try to take his picture. Meh, small potatoes. His music rocks balls!
  • MetalGod75MetalGod75 Posts: 262
    dude if i were you i wouldnt put any tunes on your myspace page until they are finished.demos are great to listen in your own home,only you know what the song is really gonna sound like but to anyone else it just sounds like some guy messing around.good luck with the finished product.
    Cornell pwns u
  • Metalgod your right. Trust me I will never put my demos up again until they are done.
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    I won't judge it until I hear it with vocals.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
    sickwillie wrote:
    True. It's my understanding that "First Date" is becoming a minor hit in the U.S. of A... funny, he's actually more popular in the States and Europe than he is in his home nation.

I actually saw him live a few years ago in a tiny, sweaty bar. High energy, nice and loud. But, for some strange reason, he gets really pissy when you try to take his picture. Meh, small potatoes. His music rocks balls!
    you're lucky man...i want to see him real bad.
  • Hey this is Rob Lee otherwise know as stonetemplejam or rocker rockstar. I have not officially made an artist name. But so far I am just using Rob Lee. Hey I just went to the recording studio and recorded some songs. They are amazing. I think everyone will love them. They sound a lot like stp, soundgarden, nirvana, and pearl jam.

One song sounds like crackerman or wicked garden, another sounds like SG apple bite, the other sounds like a heavy sound garden song. So far I have tracked the guitars, bass, and drums.

I hired a band to help me out in the studio. I am doing the guitar and vocals so I have a lot of control on this album. I was so excited about how the songs were coming out I have had problems sleeping for two days. I have always said I wanted STP to make Core 2 or Pearl Jam to make Ten 2 well some times you have to make it your self.

Join my MYSPACE and I will put up some song clips and one song for down load in the future. I have some rough demos on there now. The new songs are completely professional you will not be dissapointed. I should have them up by early september. Following that will be a EP for purchase or songs for down load. I have already got ideas for t-shirts. I have been writting music for 5 years or more and this is very exciting and it feels really good to hear my songs on a professional cd. I will be tracking vocals in 2 weeks.

Join my My Space..........

http://www.myspace.com/roblee1000

rock on,

Rob

very cool,i noticed youre a toadies fan,too
    ...It's only after disaster that we can be resurrected...
    it's only after you've lost everything ...that you are free to do anything....(Fight Club)

... I'll ride the wave...where it takes me....
  • Yeah the Toadies are great. I saw them live several times. I really enjoy their music. It is nice to hear others like them also.
  • edigerediger Posts: 308
    is this legit?
    Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?
  • I took the demo songs down. I will put up the real songs when they are done. I am going to the studio again this week to work on them.