AIC and PJ fans do you have Madseason

stonetemplejamstonetemplejam Posts: 91
edited October 2006 in Other Music
Have you guys heard of this band. It is a side project that had Layne Staley, Mike McCready in it.

http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/MadSeason/

The album Above was released
March 14th 1995

The album is real good......
you can get the album at amazon below.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b...words=madseason

Also there is a vhs tape of a concert. I found it on ebay if you want it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/VHS-Mad-Season-...1QQcmdZViewItem
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• yeah it really does rock. If you like Alice in Chains and Pearl Jam you got to get the album. I have had it since it came out back in 1995. I did just get the vhs a few years ago. I just figured I would spread the word because most people dont know about Madseason. I tried to find a link to the madseason vhs on amazon but it is not there. I am sure I bought it there awhile back. Well enjoy the music.
  • prljam85prljam85 Posts: 227
    yea that was a great album.
  • Frig yeah...I've liked them for years...good stuff
    Master of Zen
  • mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
    Yea, they rock. You can find Live At The Moore on most torrent sites. That's where I got it from. They need to release it on DVD.
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • yep, yep... that was a great album!
    "i forgot the words...."
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Awesome album. I wish Pearl Jam would unleash Mike a bit more like on this album.

November Hotel is some of the best stuff mike has recorded in my opinion.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    'artificial red' i like. :) as well as 'long gone day'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • yeah, good stuff...I am amazed at how different this band sounded than either AIC or PJ...which is pretty cool to see
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • Have you guys heard of this band. It is a side project that had Layne Staley, Mike McCready in it.

http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/MadSeason/

The album Above was released
    March 14th 1995

The album is real good......
    you can get the album at amazon below.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b...words=madseason

Also there is a vhs tape of a concert. I found it on ebay if you want it.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/VHS-Mad-Season-...1QQcmdZViewItem

I would be amazed if no one has NOT heard this album.
    NERDS!
  • I am sure there is some new fans out there that need to know about this album. I like the song Lifeless Dead, and Wake UP.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Wake up is a great song!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
    intodeep wrote:
    Wake up is a great song!

I was listening to this song as I clicked on this thread, and I agree it is a great song!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    got it and love it:D
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • imspinnin wrote:
    got it and love it:D

Me too!!
    Good-bye for now.
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    Love it

Had the cassette when it first came out and recently bought it on CD

Great Stuff
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • larslars Posts: 524
    Have you guys heard of this band. It is a side project that had Layne Staley, Mike McCready in it.[/url]
    ...and did you know the lead singer in pearl jam is called eddie vedder.
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • 'Wake Up' is such a haunting song...no one else could have put the soul into that track in the way Layne Staley did. Incredible.
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
    ***melbourne.19.2.2003|berlin.23.9.2006|berlin.15.08.2009|berlin.04.07.2012|berlin.05.07.2012|amsterdam 16.06.2014|berlin 26.06.2014
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    shit where have you been? Us old farts have know Mad Season Rocked since they 1st came out

here is a new band for you Temple of the Dog!

sorry that was being a prick
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    no i do not
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Yes, that album is a classic. Even people that I know that are not big AIC, Pearl jam fans or grunge bands in general love this album. It suprised the hell out of me, one of my friends liked it because he listens to 80's music mostly. Actually, he heard me attempting to play wake up on my bass, and he was like "Dude, you're gettin pretty damn good at that bass (I'm not that good at all can't read music, just internet tabs, and have to memorize the tabs). Anyway, I tell him, it is a song by a seattle supergroup called Mad Season, and play wake up for him. Halfway through the song, he runs to his room and is buying the album off rhapsody. He says it's one of the greatest albums ever.
    Though Wake up is a depressing song, I love this song- one of my faves ever and it is so strange how I have played this one song for like 4 people and they are instantly attached to that song, and are just in awe. They all stand their with their jaws on the floor like "wow" that's deep and a beautiful melody.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • quasiquasi Posts: 492
    Man, I remember when this band was just a rumor and hearing about their random shows in town like at the Crocodile Cafe. My biggest thrill....working the catering room for the New Year's Eve 1995 Mad Season show and getting one of Mike's Mad Season Picks. I still have it along with a show card flyer, autograph and t-shirt from the show.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • I have had it since it came out. I just know that newer fans of pearl jam may not know about madseason we should spread the word. Some dont know about temple of the dog. I know it is shocking. The reason I am thinking this is because I have visited other boards like the down on the upside board and you would be suprised there is a lot of fans just getting in to these bands and need to know about these less know bands. I am sure pearl jam has new younger fans that just found the band. That is what happens when you make a great record like the self titled pearl jam.