Army of Anyone album out Nov 14th!!!

stonetemplejamstonetemplejam Posts: 91
edited November 2006 in Other Music
This is the new band Army of Anyone that features Richard Patrick from Filter, and Delo brothers from STP, also the drummer from David lee roth. Check em out. I think the album will really rock. You should preorder while you can and get the autographed cd. Well enjoy. The info is below. You can even listen to it on line before you buy. See below.

ONLY ONE MORE DAY UNTIL ARMY OF ANYONE'S DEBUT ALBUM IS OUT! It's your last chance to pre-order the album at Skyroo.com for an autographed CD, AND your last day to promote the album release before it's out. Direct everyone you know to purchase the album in stores tomorrow!

FYE
BEST BUY
AMAZON
VIRGIN MEGASTORE
WHEREHOUSE
CIRCUIT CITY
TARGET
SAM GOODY
BORDERS
BARNES & NOBLE

CHECK OUT THE FULL CD LISTENING PARTY AT AOL.COM
Go to http://music.aol.com/songs/new_releases_full_cds, scroll along the top to find the Army of Anyone album,
and click on it to listen to the entire album now. Promote this link everywhere online (MySpace, Army of Anyone messageboards, websites, music websites, Facebook, etc.), and make sure everyone know it's in stores TOMORROW.

TOUR DATES & APPEARANCES

11/14 @ 4pm - Phoenix, AZ
ZIA In-Store & Performance
MORE INFO 11/15 @ 7pm
- Los Angeles CA
In-Store & Performance, at
Virgin Megastore, Hollywood & Highland
MORE INFO
11/18 - Philadelphia, PA
Theatre of Living Arts
BUY TICKETS
11/21 - Boston, MA
The Paradise
BUY TICKETS
11/24 - Atlanta, GA
The Masquerade
BUY TICKETS 11/27 - Tampa, FL
Janus Landing
BUY TICKETS
11/28 - Orlando,FL
House of Blues
BUY TICKETS 11/30 - Nashville, TN
Exit Inn
BUY TICKETS
12/5 - Chicago, IL
Metro
BUY TICKETS 12/6 -Cincinnati, OH
Bogart's
BUY TICKETS
12/12 - Toledo, OH
Gatorz
BUY TICKETS 12/14 - Indianapolis, IN
The Vogue
BUY TICKETS
12/18 - Pittsburgh, PA
Rex Theatre
BUY TICKETS
12/19 - Cleveland, OH
House of Blues
BUY TICKETS
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i'm gonna pick it up.
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    I preordered it from the band. I was hoping it would be in my mailbox yesterday, but no such luck. I am on my second go round of the album on the 'listening party' site. I am loving it so far. This album is friggin sweet. Can't wait to see them this Saturday.

Anyone in the Philly area looking for something to do on Saturday night should head to the TLA. Tix are only $15.
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Just got it in the mail! Gearing up to give it a listen. Very excited. I fuckin' love the Deleos!
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I could get it for like $7 at Best Buy, but from what I've heard, it really doesn't seem to be worth it.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • DOSW wrote:
    I could get it for like $7 at Best Buy, but from what I've heard, it really doesn't seem to be worth it.

I just got it, and am quite impressed. Might not be for everyone...but I think it's a VERY solid album, and definitely worth the 7 bucks.
    DOSW wrote:

The music is classic Deleo. Which in my opinion = awesome. Really great music. The drums are also very good, quite different from Kretz I think, much more flashy, but still cool.

Personally the vocals (and lyrics) leave quite a bit to be desired, but don't entirely ruin the album. Is it worth buying? If you like the Deleos than its a no brainer.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    yosi wrote:
    The music is classic Deleo. Which in my opinion = awesome. Really great music. The drums are also very good, quite different from Kretz I think, much more flashy, but still cool.

Personally the vocals (and lyrics) leave quite a bit to be desired, but don't entirely ruin the album. Is it worth buying? If you like the Deleos than its a no brainer.

Hmm... maybe I'll just download it and buy it if I end up liking it. STP was a musically amazing group, but the vocals in Army of Anyone seem really bad. If that doesn't ruin the album like you say, then maybe I'll end up liking it a little bit.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
    DOSW wrote:
    Hmm... maybe I'll just download it and buy it if I end up liking it. STP was a musically amazing group, but the vocals in Army of Anyone seem really bad. If that doesn't ruin the album like you say, then maybe I'll end up liking it a little bit.

If you can't get passed the vocals (which I'm not putting you down for at all), than that sucks, and you probably won't love this album. Its far from Scott, so don't go in looking for Scott's capability.

However, there are some really beautiful, and awesome songs that only the Deleo's could write. It has their signature all over it, and for me that surpasses the mediocrity (at best) that Richard Patrick is.
  • Through my first listen I think it's average. Not bad, but it just doesn't really blow me away.
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • mwachsman wrote:
    Through my first listen I think it's average. Not bad, but it just doesn't really blow me away.

Agreed. I was kind of expecting more out of 'Generation'. That riff in the intro seemed to hammer, and then I thought they were just in half-time during the verse and would kick it up later... but they didn't. I was choked
    9/4/05 Calgary
    damn thing did not show up in my mail today....grr....
    damn thing did not show up in my mail today....grr....

Bummer. Do you have instant messenger? I could send it to you if you want since you ordered it anyway.
  • Yeah I am still waiting for mine to come in the mail box. Well I cant wait to hear it. I know it may not be as good as stp but at this point its got to be better then most stuff on the radio and a highlight of the year. I am still waiting to hear the whole thing. Anyways you guys should know that albums grow on you. I know that most of the pearl jam albums had to grow on me before I liked them. You just got to listen to it for a few weeks before you will totally get it. For some they will like it right away other may not. I think I will like it because I like the songs I have heard so far and I am a filter and stp fan. Also, these guys are just great guys to their fans and that goes a long ways too. I think it is really cool that if you preordered the cd that you can get an autographed cd. Also, the cd is just so cheap when it came out today. I saw you could get it for $9.00 at FYE and you guys said you could buy it for $7.00 some where. Well that is awsome for us fans.

I bought two copies of the autographed cd one for me and one for my brother for christmas.
  • Got my copy today and it's freaking awesome IMO. I even like Rich, he's got great melodes. I wish you people wouldn't compare him to Scott's chemistry with the Deleos, that isn't fair to anybody. The reason everybody is always let down by all these so called 'supergroups' is because you don't take it for what it is, you compare to their previous work.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • Got my copy today and it's freaking awesome IMO. I even like Rich, he's got great melodes. I wish you people wouldn't compare him to Scott's chemistry with the Deleos, that isn't fair to anybody. The reason everybody is always let down by all these so called 'supergroups' is because you don't take it for what it is, you compare to their previous work.

I completely agree. If you can't enjoy this album on some level, you are one tough cookie to crack. Cranked up on a good set of speakers, the production work Ezrin has done here is as good as you'll hear anywhere.
  • STP was the first band I fell in love with. Pearl Jam came soon after and took over the top spot... ANYWAY

ARMY OF ANYONE IS BAD ASS!!!! I really like the cd.. Wasn't expecting much but it totally kicks ass... 'Father Figure' is really a sweet jam.. The DeLep bros. did really well on this album. Much better than that 'Talk Show' debacle.... I think this is better than Weilands gig with Velvet Revolver and it might even be better than STPs #4... Hope everyone else likes it...
  • Yeah I am still waiting for mine to come in the mail box. Well I cant wait to hear it. I know it may not be as good as stp but at this point its got to be better then most stuff on the radio and a highlight of the year. I am still waiting to hear the whole thing. Anyways you guys should know that albums grow on you. I know that most of the pearl jam albums had to grow on me before I liked them. You just got to listen to it for a few weeks before you will totally get it. For some they will like it right away other may not. I think I will like it because I like the songs I have heard so far and I am a filter and stp fan. Also, these guys are just great guys to their fans and that goes a long ways too. I think it is really cool that if you preordered the cd that you can get an autographed cd. Also, the cd is just so cheap when it came out today. I saw you could get it for $9.00 at FYE and you guys said you could buy it for $7.00 some where. Well that is awsome for us fans.

I bought two copies of the autographed cd one for me and one for my brother for christmas.

6.99 at best buy.... amazing
  • 6.99 was the only reason i bought this thing, that's pretty cheap.

I think its very mediocre and boring. Patrick's singing takes the songs nowhere......he sings all his choruses the same. As for the Deloes..sure the riffs are decent but none of them stood out to me, t here is no "down" or "wicked garden" guitar riff here.

The only positive thing I will say is Ray Luzier is 10 times better than STP's drummer.........

It seems like they wanted to rehash some old riffs.........much the same as pearl jam wanting to write some rockers again and ending up flat. For the love of god progress as musicians and head in a different direction.... I hate it when bands try to rehash their past but lack the urgency and youth to pull it off.
  • 6.99 was the only reason i bought this thing, that's pretty cheap.

I think its very mediocre and boring. Patrick's singing takes the songs nowhere......he sings all his choruses the same. As for the Deloes..sure the riffs are decent but none of them stood out to me, t here is no "down" or "wicked garden" guitar riff here.

The only positive thing I will say is Ray Luzier is 10 times better than STP's drummer.........

It seems like they wanted to rehash some old riffs.........much the same as pearl jam wanting to write some rockers again and ending up flat. For the love of god progress as musicians and head in a different direction.... I hate it when bands try to rehash their past but lack the urgency and youth to pull it off.

There's no "down" or "wicked garden" riff here, but at the same time you don't want a rehash? I realize you meant in terms of a riff really grabbing you, but still, the Deleos are going to sound like the Deleos. And, as far as I'm concerned, that's just fine. Robert's bass playing is ridiculous on this album. Nothing boring about it. If you want to hear growth in their writing, there are some unreleased STP songs floating around that are straight brazilian jazz. I personally think for whatever reason the brothers may never get the credit they deserve. It's a bit of a catch-22. They have said they really enjoy making music for the masses, but if they branch out too much, it goes over peoples' heads, and they get no label support. This extends to many great bands out there. The industry is really stifling creativity...but, I still think this is a really good rock album.
  • Just managed to listen to the album, and it is definitely a solid effort. The chorus on Doesn't Seem To Matter is wicked, I love that riff, way up there with any of the decent STP riff rockers.

Just to get some perspective, I don't think any 'supergroup' in history has ever been able to top their previous bands, because nobody is ever going to be able to judge them solely based on their new work. So I don't really care if it's not as good as STP, because that doesn't automatically make it bad - few bands are as good as STP in my opinion anyway.
    yosi wrote:
    Bummer. Do you have instant messenger? I could send it to you if you want since you ordered it anyway.

Wow, thanks for the offer. I am at work now, so if it is not in my mailbox when I get home today I may take you up on that.
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,881
    i think the album is one of the more solid albums out there. Of course I am a big Filter fan so Richard Patrick is the reason i got it. I think his singing is better than some of the guitar part imo. But def a good album overall.

Looking forward to seein their first concert on saturday, aside from the in-stores of course.

see you there.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• I'd prefer a new Filter cd than this. The boys were really gelling after Title of Record & Amalgamut. Did somebody take Richard Patrick's testicles away? His voice sounds so muted on AoA. This is one army I won't be enlisting in
    Got my copy today and it's freaking awesome IMO. I even like Rich, he's got great melodes. I wish you people wouldn't compare him to Scott's chemistry with the Deleos, that isn't fair to anybody. The reason everybody is always let down by all these so called 'supergroups' is because you don't take it for what it is, you compare to their previous work.

You're absolutely right. But that's easier said than done. After listening to the album about 4 times now, what it's come down to for me is not just comparing RP to Scott, but I just find him boring. He's just not so versatile, and sounds the same on every song. With that said, I am so thankful to finally hear some new Deleos after almost six years. They really fucking kick ass on this record.
  • yosi wrote:
    You're absolutely right. But that's easier said than done. After listening to the album about 4 times now, what it's come down to for me is not just comparing RP to Scott, but I just find him boring. He's just not so versatile, and sounds the same on every song. With that said, I am so thankful to finally hear some new Deleos after almost six years. They really fucking kick ass on this record.

Hearing the Deleo's again IS great..

But...it really makes me miss STP..:(
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...
  • This is one army I won't be enlisting in

Lol, I just thought that sounded so cheesy.
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."