Options

Death By Sexy

Dick JonesDick Jones Posts: 777
edited February 2006 in Other Music
It is out on the loose. Can't wait to hear this one. Feel Good Hit of the Year.
Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    *nods* indeed. viva la moustache!
  • Options
    CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    Post how you like it if you find it, I'm interested in hearing how it is compared to their last one.
  • Options
    I think it's a pretty cool record. I listened to it last night twice. And you can definately tell that Josh had a big part in the recording. It is darker than the first record for sure, but at the same time there are acoustic guitars thrown into the mix. It is Peace, Love mixed with Lullabies. That's how I see it. It will take a few listens to get it. And there are a few songs where I just kept thinking, "what the...?" It has tons and tons of voice overs from different people affiliated with EoDM, QOTSA, etc...Lanegan does a great job backing Jesse, Jack Black also adds a nice touch, along with Brody Dalle, Shirley Manson, and one other woman. I can't wait to pick it up when it comes out, it is coming with a full length dvd covering the whole recoding process. Should be very interesting. They stepped away from the tinny sounding drums that Josh came up with, so it sounds a little more modern, so to speak. Hope all this is making sense for ya'll. That's it for now. I'm gonna give it another go soon. Peace.
  • Options
    nice. i've only got the demos from way back when. it'll be nice to hear how the songs have evolved since then. took me a while to even get into the demos, but then i was loving it. and anything with lanegan <33333
  • Options
    HAHA, Lanegan is amazing. On Eagles Goth, at the beginning he is just growling for like ten seconds. It's fucking cool.
  • Options
    dammit, i need those tracks now. sigh... waiting in line on soulseek sucks, especially when it keeps dropping my connection.
  • Options
    Check your pms. Then hit me up on AIM if you can : Dick Jones 1983
  • Options
    Dick Jones wrote:
    Check your pms. Then hit me up on AIM if you can : Dick Jones 1983

sorry, i don't have aim.
  • Options
    what! where can i hear the new songs!?
  • Options
    go on soulseek, and add StrangeLight to your user list. then download it from me and don't tell the RIAA that you got it from me.
  • Options
    i got it from torrentspy. thanks though. it's about damn time someone got their hands on this album. they've only had that teaser trailer on their site for about a year now.