Wilco [Is Amazing]

2»

Comments

• So was Jay really thinking of leaving before he got the boot? IMO I highly doubt that comment.

Anyway, anyone have the version of "Kamera" from the DVD? That version kills.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Dick Jones wrote:
    So was Jay really thinking of leaving before he got the boot? IMO I highly doubt that comment.

Anyway, anyone have the version of "Kamera" from the DVD? That version kills.

It is hard to say. I think he may have thought about it, but i have a feeling he probably would not have left unless he was pushed out as he was.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeep wrote:
    It is hard to say. I think he may have thought about it, but i have a feeling he probably would not have left unless he was pushed out as he was.

Yeah I think so too, it would be really hard to leave after those sessions, they knew they had something big with YHF. You could tell while they were recording it.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    intodeep wrote:
    Dreamer in my Dreams is a very cool song i did forget that one. Also just wanted to add my two cents on the thanks i get.. .it is an awesome song :)

soulsinging i agree with a you to a degree about wilco being a backing band for tweedy he obviously writes teh lyrics, but espcially with the older cd's jay bennett (and others imput) were very curcial to those albums.

Plus the line up now has some very respectable musicians such as Nels Cline (GREAT GUITAR PLAYER) and Glenn Kotchie (very good drummer) who's musician ship really enhance the albums. Idon't feel that way when i listen to a bright eyes album.

Oh and for the record i like a good bit of bright eyes stuff so i'm not knocking him just wanted to throw that opinion out there on their differences.

yeah, i wasnt saying the band wasn't good, i just meant as in there is clearly one person who is "in charge" and does basically all the writing while guiding the band's creative vision. their live album is stellar and having seen the dvd, there is some cohesion/contribution. i cant compare that to bright eyes really, as i dont know enough about them.
  • jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    anyone have an extra ticket or 2 for the chicago show 24th or 25th. pm me. thank you
  • I am still trying to find that version of 'Kamera' from the documentary.

Anyone?
  • How come I didn't see this topic sooner? I love, love Wilco. I've seen them three times as a band (once at Bridge School, once opening for R.E.M., and then headlining their own show), and I've seen Jeff Tweedy solo once (in Los Angeles). All four shows were brilliant, although I have to say that Tweedy solo was far and away my favorite of them all!

My favorite Wilco songs:

She's a Jar
    Forget the Flowers
    Bob Dylan's 49th Beard
    I'm the Man Who Loves You
    Via Chicago
    Misunderstood (ESPECIALLY live!)
    Sunken Treasure
    Remember the Mountain Bed (off "Mermaid Avenue")
    I am Trying to Break Your Heart
    Jesus, etc.
    War on War
    Radio Cure
    Hummingbird
    Company in my Back
    Spiders (Kidsmoke)
    At Least That's What You Said
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • The bass line in "Handshake Drugs" is addictive as hell.
  • Dick Jones wrote:
    The bass line in "Handshake Drugs" is addictive as hell.

Have you heard the Demo version? Outstanding...!

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Have you heard the Demo version? Outstanding...!

No I have not,...where can I find that?
  • Dick Jones wrote:
    No I have not,...where can I find that?

It's on a promo CD for the Nonesuch label. Don't know where you can find the CD, but I should have a copy of the song somewhere on my computer -- I'll upload it for you when I get the chance.

• Okay, here it is: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E5R9870B

The great bassline is not there, but I like the raw feel of the demo...

• Thanks for the song!

I have a lot of Wilco but that is something I don't have.
    Cock Fight.
  • Thanks for that, sounds good.
  • mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    yankee

hotel

foxtrot

Sounds Amazing!!!
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• Dick Jones wrote:
    I am still trying to find that version of 'Kamera' from the documentary.

Anyone?

You mean the clip from the IATTBYH DVD? I ripped all the songs from the DVD into audio files, I should have them somewhere....are you still looking for 'Kamera'?

• Hell yeah, you have that! I even check on the wilco board, and no one over there had it.
  • Dick Jones wrote:
    Hell yeah, you have that! I even check on the wilco board, and no one over there had it.

Oops, you know what, "Kamera" must be played during the documentary itself, because I don't have it. I only have the songs from the bonus disc. Sorry to get your hopes up!

• Have you heard the YHF demos? They include different versions of Kamera, one of which if I'm not mistaken is similar to the one in the movie.

They are DEFINITELY worth checking out if you can find them. I prefer some of the songs/versions on the demos over the CD.
  • Yeah I've heard the Demos, they are really good. Still not the version of Kamera though.

Hey thanks anyway, don't worry about it.