Did anyone buy the new Primus DVD?

Dick JonesDick Jones Posts: 777
edited October 2006 in Other Music
Wondering how it is?

And does anyone have any of the old ones? How are they?
Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    The one of the 2004 tour is great.........kinda got a Touring Band 2000 feel to it. They play Frizzle Fry all the way through.........

Have not gone out and gotten the lastest one yet.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    Watched most of it this afternoon.........the subtitle tells you alot about what you are about to watch......they call it an "abstract" view of the 2003 tour, and it is very abstract.......no complete song footage in the feature.......still have not watched all of the bonus material.......the Primus 2065 pseudo-documentary is really interesting.

For concert footage.......stick with the 2004 tour dvd.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    the 2004 one is awesome, seeing them at vegoose last year was amazing aswell.. I heard also the 2004 dvd is better for actual concert footage.. I still wanna check out the new one though! Still in the mail..
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    bharQ wrote:
    the 2004 one is awesome, seeing them at vegoose last year was amazing aswell.. I heard also the 2004 dvd is better for actual concert footage.. I still wanna check out the new one though! Still in the mail..
    It's a neat little show to watch......lots of interview clips, backstage scenes and such....I just would not want someone seeking straight concert footage to pick it up and be disappointed....The 2004 video feature is strictly concert footage........and yes, it was an awesome sight to behold.
  • I picked up the 2004 DVD on Sat. I found it used for 7.99. It is really awesome, and I'll think I'll hold off on the new one.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
    Dick Jones wrote:
    I picked up the 2004 DVD on Sat. I found it used for 7.99. It is really awesome, and I'll think I'll hold off on the new one.
    Sweet deal........glad you enjoyed......playing Frizzle Fry straight through is pretty damn cool. This dvd reminds me a lot of the Touring Band 2000 and Live @ MSG dvds from PJ. Good simple visuals and some kick ass tunes
  • spongersponger Posts: 3,159
    The drumo solo towards the end of frizzle fry is nice.
  • moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 535
    tybird wrote:
    Sweet deal........glad you enjoyed......playing Frizzle Fry straight through is pretty damn cool. This dvd reminds me a lot of the Touring Band 2000 and Live @ MSG dvds from PJ. Good simple visuals and some kick ass tunes

i saw them on the 'tour de fromage' back in '03. great show. unfortunately, i didn't have the scratch to get a ticket the following year.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton