Rolling Stones - Sway (Live) [ISO]

Dick JonesDick Jones Posts: 777
edited July 2007 in Other Music
Any have an mp3 they could upload for me? Prefferebly from the 70's.
Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Dick Jones wrote:
    Any have an mp3 they could upload for me? Prefferebly from the 70's.

Good luck with that. To the best of my knowledge, September 24, 2005 was the first time they ever played it live.

I don't have an mp3, but the version on the new DVD set is incredible. The only thing is the live version does miss the cool strings in the outro.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • Dick JonesDick Jones Posts: 777
    Wow,...

I was wondering if it was a rarity. Thanks.
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    Dick Jones wrote:
    Wow,...

have you checked rollingstones.com?
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Dick Jones wrote:
    Wow,...

After reading your post I went to iorr.org (the Rolling Stones fanclub of Europe website) and looked at some of the setlists from early in the 2005 tour. I knew they played it at some of those shows because I remember being a little miffed that they didn't do it in Pittsburgh (the duet w/ Eddie more than made up for it though.)

But, on 9/24/05 they played it in Columbus, Ohio. In glancing through the fan views, I got the impression that was the first time ever.

However, don't be shy about contacting the guy that runs that site, Bjornuf Vik I believe is his name (there is a "contact us" link somewhere on the site). I've written to them 3 or 4 times with questions and he is always very helpful. He may be able to point you in the right direction.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    interesting that it was never played until '05, i didnt realize 'salt of the earth' was so rare live as well until recently
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • The VacantThe Vacant Posts: 271
    First known, and last known airings of Stones tunes:

http://rocksoff.org/debuts.htm
  • Dick JonesDick Jones Posts: 777
    Thanks guys.