seeing Genesis tonight...

oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
edited September 2007 in Other Music
anyone see them on this tour yet? how was it?
BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I saw them in Toronto and was suprised at how good they sounded. Plus it was a 2hr 40min show.

q
  • pretty good..nice looking stage, set list could be better but then again no gabriel so you get what you get. CARPET CRAWLERS awesome would have liked some abacab
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    I take it there is no opening band?
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• I heard Gabriel and Hackett would be touring with them again, as early as 2008.

One can hope. That would be worth the big ticket price.

Duke was a great cd :)
    For Those About To Rock !

Art changes people. People change the world.
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,334
    Does anyone know if they are going to hit the northwest at some point. By the looks of this leg of the tour, the west got kind of fucked! especially the NW.
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    had a great time tonight.. my hilights were Domino and You're No Son of Mine...Phil and the band still sound excellent. like someone else said, i'm suprised there was no ABACAB played
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,334
    oppie1 wrote:
    had a great time tonight.. my hilights were Domino and You're No Son of Mine...Phil and the band still sound excellent. like someone else said, i'm suprised there was no ABACAB played
    Wasn't that a Phill solo song, maybe i'm wrong but i thought it was. Not that it matters i guess.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    mr bungle wrote:
    Wasn't that a Phill solo song, maybe i'm wrong but i thought it was. Not that it matters i guess.

No that's GENESIS all the way back in 1981. I can't believe it's been that long. I can't wait to see them too.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    mr bungle wrote:

Great album BTW http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/3611/genesisabacab7inchsinglzw1.jpg

Song listing:

"Abacab" – 7:02
    "No Reply At All" – 4:40
    "Me And Sarah Jane" (Tony Banks) – 6:00
    "Keep It Dark" – 4:32
    "Dodo/Lurker" – 7:30
    "Who Dunnit?" – 3:23
    "Man On The Corner" (Phil Collins) – 4:27
    "Like It Or Not" (Mike Rutherford) – 4:57
    "Another Record" – 4:29

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    oppie1 wrote:
    i'm suprised there was no ABACAB played
    Read a recent interview where Phil said that was one of the songs that they would not be playing because "he did not understand what the song meant" :rolleyes: Of course, he has a song writing credit for it, but he doesn't understand it.

BTW, awesome song.........had it for a ringtone a couple years ago.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.