In Flames - Come Clarity

oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
edited February 2007 in Other Music
I was over a friends house the other night watching Headbangers Ball on MTV2, and a video for this song came on. Never heard this song before that, but i was BLOWN AWAY at how much this song rocked. The chorus has so much power behind it. I'll admit his voice takes a little getting used to. I went out the next day and actually bought (not downloaded) their cd, and my god the rest of it kicks as much ass as this song does.

has anyone else heard it before? what are your opinions

if you havent, heres a link to check it out
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KB18Q3BR

heres the video for it, too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq-ZIyxrNd4

one more, heres a badass live ver of it (vox are a lil low in the mix tho)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_37qv2qWy4
BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    saw the song live. didnt like them much before I saw them but they were really good and I have respect for the vocalist in that he didnt feel the need to swear every other word to sound "cool" like the guy from Lamb of God (and pretty much every other band on the unholy alliance tour). He just got up on stage and said (note, SAID not shouted) "hey we're in flames, thanks for coming out". It was refreshing :D

so yeah, I dont have any albums or anything but I like what I've heard and they were great live. also, the singer chose we die young by alice in chains as one of his favourite songs in kerrang this week which made me think he was even cooler.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • TrauTrau Posts: 188
    Excellent, talented band. They take some getting used to if you're not into "melodic death metal".

I have this album and it's pretty good, I must say.
    In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    Frigid statue standing icy blue and numb
    Where are the frost giants Ive begged for protection?
    I'm freezing

Are you afraid, afraid to die
    Don't be afraid, afraid to try
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    I have Come Clarity and Soundtrack to Your Escape and they are both pretty solid.
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    transplant wrote:
    I have Come Clarity and Soundtrack to Your Escape and they are both pretty solid.
    you're not the first person who told me that Soundtrack to your Escape is a great cd...i'm gonna have to go get it
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    great song and great band, they have been around for awhile so check out some of their older stuff as well if you havent already

them and Killswitch Engage "As Daylight Dies" are nonstop playing in my cd player
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    sorry folks, but song doesn't grab me