RIP Layne and Kurt

oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
edited April 2007 in Other Music
didnt notice the thread in The Porch.. delete me :)
BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    RIP to both of them!
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Love & miss these 2 tortured, beautiful souls so fuckin much. :(

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/AIC/kurt_layne.jpg

The thought of them finally being at peace is a huge comfort.

(((((RIP)))))
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
    I still can't believe it's been 13 years for Kurt and 5 for Layne...

So tragic...

RIP Layne and Kurt...you are still missed deeply...
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Love & miss these 2 tortured, beautiful souls so fuckin much. :(

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/AIC/kurt_layne.jpg

The thought of them finally being at peace is a huge comfort.

(((((RIP)))))
    hi lydia!! :)
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
    Hi Bri!
    I can't stop listening to NUTSHELL. Always makes me feel the loss a million times more. :( Damn my heart hurts!!!

I hear ya stateoflove79. I can't believe it's been this long already!!
    And both of these men on the same day? I just can't ever get over how eery and haunting that is.
    I also can't imagine a musical world without Kurt & Layne and do feel so beyond grateful for all that they gave & shared.
    They changed my life and have left a giant imprint on my heart & soul.

What an enormous loss...x 2.
    :(

"Lo√e, you know the word

• chittychitty Posts: 609
    Just out of curiosity, did Layne die on April 5 or was he found then? I ask b/c I know he was not found for awhile after actually dying.
    Also, just started getting into AIC's songs other then their Greatest Hits cd. I recently "discovered" Nutshell and Am I Inside. Two songs that I play numerous times a day. Amazing!!! What a voice!
    On April 19, 2002 Layne was found dead in his home. It was announced to the world April 20th 2002. His body was already very decomposed. :( After an autopsy the coroner's office estimated that he died on April 5.

And on a much happier note...
    congrats on discovering more of his greatness chitty.
    :)

"Lo√e, you know the word

VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Hi Bri!
    I can't stop listening to NUTSHELL. Always makes me feel the loss a million times more. :( Damn my heart hurts!!!

I hear ya stateoflove79. I can't believe it's been this long already!!
    And both of these men on the same day? I just can't ever get over how eery and haunting that is.
    I also can't imagine a musical world without Kurt & Layne and do feel so beyond grateful for all that they gave & shared.
    They changed my life and have left a giant imprint on my heart & soul.

What an enormous loss...x 2.

I swear, it feels like just yesterday I found out about Layne, and it feels like only a year ago I heard about Kurt...weird.

I will never get over the state of shock my entire school was in (even kids who didn't like Nirvana) when we found out what happened. It was so thick, you could touch it.

And Layne, what more can I say?...I think the Mad Season album sums it up pretty well "slow suicide's no way to go." I just wish these guys were both still around...and fuck this AIC without Layne bullshit. It is not AIC without Layne, period.
    It does feel like yesterday! It's so true.
    Man. That's EXACTLY how my highschool was too. I was reminiscing about this the other day. Everyone was in mourning. YEP! Even the non-Nirvana fans. The day after we all found out, people were just breaking down crying in class. I was actually one of them. :( Tons of people would just walk out. People were absent for weeks. It was crazy! I remember at the time feeling like, before this, I had NO idea that people could collectively feel THIS much. There was an overwhelming sadness that flooded our entire school. It was indeed so thick you could touch it. Perfect way to sum it up. It dropped like a bomb. No one was left unaffected.

And Layne??
    "slow suicide's no way to go."
    Totally hits it.
    I remember Mikey saying that the day it was "officially" announced wasn't a surprise to anyone that knew him. It was completely inevitable and was actually kinda like he had already been dead for years before the actual date ya know? It was for sure a slow suicide. And the way that he died, how he went weeks before being found, and how he died alone??? OH GOD! It rips my heart to shreds. :(

"Lo√e, you know the word

• pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    oppie1 wrote:
    didnt notice the thread in The Porch.. delete me :)

RIP Layne....

for pouring your pain and suffering into music and words and sharing them with all of us, maybe to help just one person through their own personal addiction

as far as Kurt, not a fan and never was, but in death there is respect
  • Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    RIP Layne and Kurt. Your music will live on forever.

You are greatly missed.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
    *waves to Low_Light03*

Yes. Greatly, Greatly missed.
    pjalive21 wrote:
    RIP Layne....

for pouring your pain and suffering into music and words and sharing them with all of us, maybe to help just one person through their own personal addiction

as far as Kurt, not a fan and never was, but in death there is respect

Beautiful.
    Love the last part too. It's seriously sick how ugly people can get about the entire situation and Nirvana in general.
    It always seems to become a full on attack of the man. :mad:
    Anyways, very cool of you pjalive21!
    :)

"Lo√e, you know the word

VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    And Layne??
    "slow suicide's no way to go."
    Totally hits it.
    I remember Mikey saying that the day it was "officially" announced wasn't a surprise to anyone that knew him. It was completely inevitable and was actually kinda like he had already been dead for years before the actual date ya know? It was for sure a slow suicide. And the way that he died, how he went weeks before being found, and how he died alone??? OH GOD! It rips my heart to shreds. :(

The most sickening and sad part of it, is that the only reason anyone suspected he was gone was because there was no activity on his bank accounts for 2 weeks. Talk about dying horribly alone. My heart does bleed for him, especially listening to that Unplugged performance and Mad Season. I think those are his two most emotional works...as a whole. He was so brilliant, and let so much go to waste. I love the man and what he did for music, but I truly hate what he did to himself.

As for Kurt, I was never as much a Nirvana fan as I was AIC and PJ and SG, but Kurt was a damn good person. Forget his music for a second, he was a gentle soul. He just got eaten up by his demons. I can't really say too much more than that.

Again...Layne and Kurt, you are missed terribly, and your legacies will never die...especially in this heart of mine.
    Wow! That was so beautifully said stateoflove79! :)

BOTH of these men were truly beautiful and very tortured.
    They were their own worse enemy.
    "My pain is self chosen"
    Damn!
    My heart will forever bleed for them both!

It is very sickening how horribly alone Layne was when he left us. I know! Can you believe that's what it took for him to be found??? Jesus!
    One of the many reasons NUTSHELL makes me feel the loss that much more...

"and yet I fight this battle all alone
    No one to cry to
    No place to call home"
    *tears*

And I must agree with you that Unplugged and Mad Season are most definitely THE most emotional works from Layne the Legend!
    Alright. A viewing of both is in order!

I really can't watch/listen to either one without being torn apart though. Especially SEEING him during the Unplugged performance. It's so painful. You watch him rotting away right before your eyes. It just makes every single word, every single note, stab you that much deeper. :(

"Lo√e, you know the word

• prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Just played Died (last AIC song recorded) and You Know You're Right (last Nirvana song recorded).

I'm off to listen to Jar of Flies followed by In Utero, two very underrated albums that may be the bands' best efforts.

:(:o
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    If I said "it feels like only yesterday," I'd be a lying asshole. It seems like a long-ass time that we've been without Layne and especially Kurt. Both will be missed.
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Wow! That was so beautifully said stateoflove79! :)

BOTH of these men were truly beautiful and very tortured.
    They were their own worse enemy.
    "My pain is self chosen"
    Damn!
    My heart will forever bleed for them both!

It is very sickening how horribly alone Layne was when he left us. I know! Can you believe that's what it took for him to be found??? Jesus!
    One of the many reasons NUTSHELL makes me feel the loss that much more...

"and yet I fight this battle all alone
    No one to cry to
    No place to call home"
    *tears*

And I must agree with you that Unplugged and Mad Season are most definitely THE most emotional works from Layne the Legend!
    Alright. A viewing of both is in order!

I really can't watch/listen to either one without being torn apart though. Especially SEEING him during the Unplugged performance. It's so painful. You watch him rotting away right before your eyes. It just makes every single word, every single note, stab you that much deeper. :(

Actually, I try to stay away from listening to them on this date. Kinda makes it too emotional for me. I know that sounds dramatic, but everyone deals with grief differently. I listened to AIC endlessly on the first couple anniversaries, but it was just too much after the 2nd or 3rd one. I want to focus more on their lives and what they accomplished while they were alive. I hope that makes sense. :)

And I agree about the Unplugged performance. I was brought to tears almost the first time I watched it during Angry Chair. He looked so frail holding that guitar. Like it was holding him down almost. Gut wrenching. :(
  • I would like to share a poem SCR was a tortured poet who succumbed to his heroin addiction on April 4, 2002. He was a huge AIC fan and I always play AIC & remourn my loss from the 4th thru the 6th (when his brother found him)

I have never been a Nirvana fan - but I recall the heart wrenched feeling that hearing about his death caused.

Once again - I hope you all enjoy this poem, I am very sad that his poetic voice is stilled.

"I’M GONE"

TAKE MY FLESH STRIPPED FROM MY BONES
    INSPECT IT FOR ROT
    IT WAS RUMORED TO FORM
    NOW THESE STRIPS OF FLESH SHOULD HARDEN
    AND DRY IN THE SUN
    THAT COLD
    IMPERSONAL STAR
    WILL CLEANSE
    THE EARTH STAINED

TRUTH

THEIR SHARP TEETH
    CAN EASILY RIP AWAY
    AND BEGIN
    CHEWING AGAIN
    WHAT WAS ONCE ME
    I’M GONE
    BOIL AWAY THE ESSENCE OF SPIRIT (FOR SPIRIT CANNOT REMAIN)
    FROM MY BONES
    SET THEM TO BLEACH IN THE SUN
    LEACHING
    OUT ALL SEMBLANCE OF
    ME

TIE THEM WITH WIRE
    AND
    SET THEM DANCING
    MY BEAUTIFUL LUMINOUS WHITE
    BONES CAN NOW KEEP PACE WITH YOUR
    BEAT
    I WILL FOLLOW
    YOUR LEAD
    AND BE PERFECT
    I’M GONE
    ONLY IN YOUR MEMORY
    MY BONES WILL BE ABLE TO

FOLLOW

YOUR

BEAT
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
    Damn failedpersephone!!! That was powerful. What an amazing poem. Thank you so much for sharing this. Yeah, it's not difficult at all to feel Layne in every single word.

I understand where you're coming from stateoflove79. Everyone deals with grief differently for sure. I like to really feel that sadness. I mean, reeeally feel it. Have it completely overtake me. It's not like I particularly enjoy the feeling or anything. haha. That's just the way I deal with anniversaries and such. I've always been like that. It's weird. To me it feels like my own way of honoring them if that makes sense at all.

My girl Meddledeal and I are going to get together tomorrow night and watch Unplugged and hopefully some of Live @ the Moore. We will share it in all together...remember the good...but crying a sea of sorrow is most definitely guaranteed as well.

OH I LOOOOVE Angry Chair Unplugged. Maybe even more than the original really. Just...WOW! The visuals really are gut wrenching though. Sometimes I even catch myself turning away. :(

Btw~ I think you and I could carry on an AIC/Layne conversation for years on end. I love it! :D

"Lo√e, you know the word

• I still can't believe it's been 13 years for Kurt and 5 for Layne...

So tragic...

RIP Layne and Kurt...you are still missed deeply...

RIP Kurt...Nirvana will always be one of my favorites
    I thought Layne died on 4/20/02?
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    RIP Kurt...Nirvana will always be one of my favorites
    I thought Layne died on 4/20/02?

That's when Vedder heard about it.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Btw~ I think you and I could carry on an AIC/Layne conversation for years on end. I love it! :D

Sounds like we could carry on a musical conversation in general for years on end...we seem to have pretty similar tastes. :)
    haha. I know! It's true.
    Well what can I say? We have excellent taste. :)

Oh and you got me thinking about remembering Layne with a smile. The NONA tapes!! SO hilarious! Cracks me up everytime!

Anyone that hasn't seen these, I highly recommend that you change that...like right now. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj8Ef5xNyOw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5nmFEHyb9I

"Lo√e, you know the word

• nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    Miss you guys.
  • Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    another RIP for Kurt and Layne from me.

It is a real bummer that you guys aren't around anymore. Even though I was just a kid back in the early 90's, Your music has changed my life.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    haha. I know! It's true.
    Well what can I say? We have excellent taste. :)

Oh and you got me thinking about remembering Layne with a smile. The NONA tapes!! SO hilarious! Cracks me up everytime!

Anyone that hasn't seen these, I highly recommend that you change that...like right now. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj8Ef5xNyOw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5nmFEHyb9I

I love the part on the Unplugged DVD...after they fuck up Sludge Factory..."what's my inspiration here?"....that was awesome...and when the heckler booed before they played Killer Is Me, he was like "Hey, FUCK YOU, MAN!!"...that's always great for a chuckle. :)
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    My take on it is RIP heroin. If Heroin would just fucking die, a lot of brilliant people would still be alive.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    I love the part on the Unplugged DVD...after they fuck up Sludge Factory..."what's my inspiration here?"....that was awesome...and when the heckler booed before they played Killer Is Me, he was like "Hey, FUCK YOU, MAN!!"...that's always great for a chuckle. :)

heheh yeah

i loved that bit
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    I hve many AIC DVDs.

But its so nice to have a professional quality one, and what a great show it is. It would have been awesome if it was like 20 songs +
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,136
    I have often wondered what Nirvana's music would have sounded like if Kurt was still alive. Hell, would Nirvana still be together or would they have broken up?