Muse????

RomanzaRomanza Posts: 115
edited June 2006 in Other Music
Got an advanced copy of their newest at my station.....

.....I like it alot!

Any other Muse fans?

"This feeling is wonderful...don't you ever turn it off."
-JJ
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• you lucky bastard!

yes muse is the shit. sing for absolution is one of my favorite albums.
    i gather speed...from u fucking with me

"i am the first man to shit my pants ya whew!"

its no crime to escape..theres still time to escape...theres still time so escape...

"yellow ledbetter is like the smoke after a 3 hour fuckfest" - 62strat

st.louis 04, chicago 06, and counting...
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I've seen them twice now. Both on the same tour (Absolution) but both awesome shows.

I've not heard the new stuff yet. As a confessed gear junkie, it really dosen't get much more complex or unique than Matt Bellamy's rig.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,355
    MUSE is my second fav band at the moment, have been for a while now. I've seen them live 7 times now and they are a terrific live act. Saw them open for the Foo Fighters and RHCP in 99 I think and I was hooked.

Can't wait for the new album and the upcoming tour...tickets for General Public start tomorrow I believe.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Saw them open for the Foo Fighters and RHCP in 99 I think and I was hooked.
    quote]

holy shit, thats hell of a show
    i gather speed...from u fucking with me

"i am the first man to shit my pants ya whew!"

its no crime to escape..theres still time to escape...theres still time so escape...

"yellow ledbetter is like the smoke after a 3 hour fuckfest" - 62strat

st.louis 04, chicago 06, and counting...
  • Riot_RainRiot_Rain Posts: 348
    MUSE rock :D

But.... Anyone know Millionaire? Belgian band, check out http://www.millionaire-theband.com. I think they're brilliant as well and MUSE like them a lot too. The new MUSE single is, unfortunately, a Millionaire rip-off... Seriously, MUSE say they were "inspired" by Millionaire. Check out it and you'll hear :(

So I hope the new MUSE album is more MUSE than Millionaire!!!!

:)
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Im a fan....they are awesome. I cant wait till the new one comes out.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • offhegoes09offhegoes09 Posts: 327
    they're playing denver the day I get back from the gorge...my flight doesn't get in until 10:30, so I can't go...freaking PISSED OFF!!!
    Showbiz is the shit...love it.
    "The whole world will be different soon"
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    I always thought the singer tries too much to sound like Radiohead and it turns me off to the music.
    danny72688 wrote:
    I always thought the singer tries too much to sound like Radiohead and it turns me off to the music.

I respectfully disagree....they don't sound anything like radiohead imo
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,355
    libragirl wrote:

I always say...Muse is what radiohead would sound like if they decided to actual play Rock music. ;)

Both bands have their place. But if they are so similar, why would I love Muse and think Radiohead has a few good songs?
    hippiemom = goodness
    I always say...Muse is what radiohead would sound like if they decided to actual play Rock music. ;)

Both bands have their place. But if they are so similar, why would I love Muse and think Radiohead has a few good songs?

That's how i feel, i like maybe 2 radiohead songs. They are very different imo.
    libragirl wrote:

I'm sorry, I meant how the guy sings - too much like Thom Yorke. The music is completely different.
    danny72688 wrote:
    I'm sorry, I meant how the guy sings - too much like Thom Yorke. The music is completely different.

well i do understand the similarities in their vocals but i still contend they are different. I favor Matthew Bellamy's voice.
    libragirl wrote:
    well i do understand the similarities in their vocals but i still contend they are different. I favor Matthew Bellamy's voice.

Yeah they are different. The first time I heard them, I was like, "is THIS Radiohead?!?!?!" The music is so different, but, this is just me, it seems like a Scott Stapp/Eddie Vedder deal vocally when I hear it. Sorry to whoever that offends.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I like muse a lot, but i heard the new album has a lot of dance like music on it that really worries me.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    intodeep wrote:
    I like muse a lot, but i heard the new album has a lot of dance like music on it that really worries me.

I disagree. I love it.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    libragirl wrote:

sometimes matt has that thom yorke thing going. it's probably unintentional but it's there.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    sometimes matt has that thom yorke thing going. it's probably unintentional but it's there.

Yes, it's hard to deny that.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • ParasolParasol Posts: 319
    intodeep wrote:

then you'll be surprised when you hear it! Rock on!
    --- Barcelona 01/09/2006 ---
    ---- Lisbon 04/09/2006
    ---- Lisbon 05/09/2006
    "One of the best...The Best! Thank You!" Eddie Vedder. 05/09/2006 Lisbon, Portugal
    2007:
    ---- Lisbon 08/06/2007 ----
    ---- London 18/06/2007 ----
    --- Nijmegen 28/06/2007 ---
    --- Werchter 29/06/2007 ---
  • RomanzaRomanza Posts: 115
    Great replies, thanks.

The album is nothing like SUPERMASSIVE BLACKHOLE...the rest sounds like typical Muse to me.

STARLIGHT is standing out right now for me. I am making it the next single we play from this album. Here's a clip: http://www.wcyt.org/musesample-starlight.mp3

The rest of the album sounds like an anti-Bush thing, but they are from the UK, so I am not sure what they are referring to.

"This feeling is wonderful...don't you ever turn it off."
    -JJ
  • I like them..

but the albums are always so bottom-heavy.. meaning way too bassy..

the mix just completely drags you down..

i mean..

i really do like the band..

but something about the production just doesn't sit with me.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Romanza wrote:
    Great replies, thanks.

The album is nothing like SUPERMASSIVE BLACKHOLE...the rest sounds like typical Muse to me.

STARLIGHT is standing out right now for me. I am making it the next single we play from this album. Here's a clip: http://www.wcyt.org/musesample-starlight.mp3

The rest of the album sounds like an anti-Bush thing, but they are from the UK, so I am not sure what they are referring to.
    Ah, but Bush is hated the entire world over my friend.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Romanza wrote:
    Great replies, thanks.

Dude that song sounds awesome. Can't wait to hear the whole thing. Absolution is my favourite album by far; maybe this'll get there too.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • whens the new one come out? havent heard anything but

MUSE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10/31/99, 10/27/00, 06/01/03, 10/25/03, 07/07/06, 07/09/06, 07/15/06

Even Flow PSYCHO member #0020!!
    myspace.com/takingpunches
  • larslars Posts: 524
    I hope the rest of the cd is better than the lame single
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • I like them..

but the albums are always so bottom-heavy.. meaning way too bassy..

the mix just completely drags you down..

i mean..

i really do like the band..

but something about the production just doesn't sit with me.

I love Muse. Im going to see them live for the first time later this year.

I think they have a very distinct bass sound so as to give the songs some balls. Quite often Matt plays melodic treble lines so if you didn't have meaty bass lines the music would sound quite weak as there is only one guitar part.
  • EvilRabbitEvilRabbit Posts: 286
    I wasn't crazy about the single at first, but I have the entire album and it is sick. If you like their previous albums, you will LOVE it! "Knights of Cydonia" is a ridiculously good track. I'd say "SMBH" and "Soldier's Poem" are the weakest tracks, but they're still listenable and work in the context of the album.

And if you haven't seen these guys live, it's a must. Bellamy is a musical genius.
    Are you a screenwriter?
    www.screenplaymechanic.com
  • didemdidem Posts: 50
    Muse is my favorite band with pj.. I can say I love almost all of their songs.. crazy for muscle museum and citizen erased....
    but...
    I listened to the new album entirely ..I just didn't like it.. the new sinlge sounded like Britney Spears to me..( sorry but it did..) the other songs.. average but far from their previous works...
    it was a disappointment for me...
    no brain no pain....
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    I liked the first stuff id heard from them but dont like the new stuff at all, and that supermassive black hole is awful in my opinion.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • ParasolParasol Posts: 319
    Muse will be touring the UK this November! Dates are as follows:
    10.11 Manchester Evening News Arena
    12.11 Cardiff International Arena
    14.11 Birmingham NEC
    17.11 Nottingham Arena
    18.11 Sheffield Arena
    19.11 Newcastle Metro Radio Arena
    21.11 London Wembley Arena
    22.11 London Wembley Arena

Tickets on sale 14.07. Fan pre-sale coming soon!

thinking on going to the Wembley Arena...
    --- Barcelona 01/09/2006 ---
    ---- Lisbon 04/09/2006
    ---- Lisbon 05/09/2006
    "One of the best...The Best! Thank You!" Eddie Vedder. 05/09/2006 Lisbon, Portugal
    2007:
    ---- Lisbon 08/06/2007 ----
    ---- London 18/06/2007 ----
    --- Nijmegen 28/06/2007 ---
    --- Werchter 29/06/2007 ---