Snow Patrol - Eyes Open...

RomanzaRomanza Posts: 115
edited September 2006 in Other Music
comes out May 9th - but my station got it today.

It's really good - no Final Straw yet, but close!

"This feeling is wonderful...don't you ever turn it off."
-JJ
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BremertonBremerton Posts: 279
    I got an advanced copy. After three listens I'd say that I hate this record. I think it is the most below average, simple cd I have heard in awhile. I think the lyrics and melodies are very boring. I absolutely love Final Straw, and the Reindeer Section CD's, but listening to this made me more mad than listening to Weezer's Make Believe. I really don't like being disappointed by cd's that I have been waiting a long time for.
  • Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    I got it yesterday but haven't had a chance to listen yet as Pearl Jam has been on rotation as it arrived at the same time.

Have to give it a listen later today
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    Bremerton wrote:
    I got an advanced copy. After three listens I'd say that I hate this record. I think it is the most below average, simple cd I have heard in awhile. I think the lyrics and melodies are very boring. I absolutely love Final Straw, and the Reindeer Section CD's, but listening to this made me more mad than listening to Weezer's Make Believe. I really don't like being disappointed by cd's that I have been waiting a long time for.

I would like to propose that we should make Weezered a verb for when you look forward to a new album for a long time or really intensly and it just blows ass.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • rcsrcs Posts: 711
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    I would like to propose that we should make Weezered a verb for when you look forward to a new album for a long time or really intensly and it just blows ass.

I second this. I've been insulting people lately by calling them a "weezer". I'll put on Pinkerton any time and crank it up, but this last album of theirs was just plain awful! (imo)
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    Okay, I've listened to it now and it's a collosal dissapointment.

It completely lacks all the dark subtlety of Final Straw and instead they seem to be going for some sort of OC soundtrack / U2 rip off vibe.

It was a bit like listening to Death Cab for Cutie's 'Plans' for the first time :-(
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Bremerton wrote:

what are the reindeer section cd's?
  • what are the reindeer section cd's?
    They are a collaboration of the guys in Snow Patrol with a few other UK performers. They made two albums. It is a lot mellower than final straw and a lot better than eyes open. It is very good music to relax to. I'd suggest buying "Y'all Get Scared Now, Ya Hear."

You can stream it here. http://www.epitonic.com/index.jsp?re...ersection.html
    Bremerton wrote:
    They are a collaboration of the guys in Snow Patrol with a few other UK performers. They made two albums. It is a lot mellower than final straw and a lot better than eyes open. It is very good music to relax to. I'd suggest buying "Y'all Get Scared Now, Ya Hear."

You can stream it here. http://www.epitonic.com/index.jsp?re...ersection.html

i dont know if id like mellower, i like it when snow patrol kicks it up. that's why i loved their live show... they rocked out. and i seem to be the only person here who actually LIKED eyes open ;)
  • Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    Saw Snow Patrol last month down the Eden project in Cornwall and they were really good,pity the crowd were crap and just stood there.
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
    Peter C wrote:
    Saw Snow Patrol last month down the Eden project in Cornwall and they were really good,pity the crowd were crap and just stood there.

really? the crowd in chicago was one of the best crowds ive ever been part of. very enthusiastic. even the band remarked on it and some people id been with who had seen several snow patrol shows said it was easily the best they'd ever been to.

my only disappointment was there was only one song from 'when the party's over we still have to clean up.' i love that album. i wish i could find a copy of their first album here in the states...
  • I saw Snow Patrol here in LA last night, for the first time..

Can someone tell me what I'm missing about this band? I mean, I think they're fine, they're music is decent.. but, I just can't get into them.. Granted, not every band is for everyone..

What album should I be listening to in order to appreciate them more??
    LA 7/9/06 & 7/10/06
    The Gorge 7/22/06 & 7/23/06
    Antwerp 8/30/06
    Bridge 2 10/22/06
    Honolulu 12/2/06 & 12/9/06
    Munich 6/12/07
    Katowice 6/13/07, London 6/18/07, Lollapalooza 8/07, LA (EV) 4/12/08 & 4/13/08, Ouside Lands 09
    1Vedhead wrote:
    I saw Snow Patrol here in LA last night, for the first time..

Can someone tell me what I'm missing about this band? I mean, I think they're fine, they're music is decent.. but, I just can't get into them.. Granted, not every band is for everyone..

What album should I be listening to in order to appreciate them more??

final straw is pretty good. so is the one before that. they're by no means brilliant or groundbreaking. but they're like coldplay with penises instead of vaginas...
  • I like it better than Final Straw. There's some beautiful music on that album.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!