Options

Anyone seen Raconteurs Live?

porchdwellerporchdweller Posts: 228
edited July 2006 in Other Music
I'm just curious. I bought tickets to see them in Seattle when I travel out there next week. It's at the Moore Theater. I'm curious if they play more material that just the album material. Covers, White Stripes songs, etc.
"That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Alone.Alone. Posts: 54
    my guess would probably be that they do their album stuff and white stripe stuff too, kinda like how Audioslave does Rage stuff...

i love their album its very led zeppelin-ish to me. they have so many better songs than their single "steady as she goes" but whatever, i like them.

you'll have to tell me how the show goes! i thought about buying tickets, but, id rather see the Black Keys, and Endfest. oh yeah.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    im already sick of 'steady as she goes.' it's playing on every station every time i turn on the radio. it's a decent song but it's not THAT good.

they're going to be at lollapalooza. of course, i wont catch them cos they're up against my morning jacket who owns live!
  • Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    I saw them 3 weeks ago at Roskilde Festival. The show was average IMO. I was expecting alot more from them. Have to admit that I was a bit drunk, but as I remember it, they only played songs from Broken boy soldiers.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    im already sick of 'steady as she goes.' it's playing on every station every time i turn on the radio. it's a decent song but it's not THAT good.

they're going to be at lollapalooza. of course, i wont catch them cos they're up against my morning jacket who owns live!

Good choice. A few of my friends are heading up for Lollapalooza
    "That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
  • Options
    TheLostSoulTheLostSoul Posts: 773
    havent seen them live, but I will later this year at ACL. i am listening to one of their bootlegs as i type though...

THE RACONTEURS
    Stage 2, Northumbria Uni, Newcastle
    England
    March 22nd 2006

Taper : Norm
    Source: SP-CMC-8 > SP-SPSB-3 > JB3 > WAV > CDwav > Flac Frontend > Flac
    01 Level
    02 Intimate Secretary
    03 Hands
    04 Steady, As She Goes
    05 Together
    06 A House Is Not A Motel
    07 Store Bought Bones
    08 Call It a Day
    09 Yellow Sun
    10 Broken Boy Soldier
    11 5 on the 5
    12 Blue Veins
    ==========
    13 Headin For The Texas Border
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    brendan benson is the man
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    (UK)_foxymop(UK)_foxymop Posts: 234
    havent seen them live, but I will later this year at ACL. i am listening to one of their bootlegs as i type though...

THE RACONTEURS
    Stage 2, Northumbria Uni, Newcastle
    England
    March 22nd 2006

Taper : Norm
    Source: SP-CMC-8 > SP-SPSB-3 > JB3 > WAV > CDwav > Flac Frontend > Flac
    01 Level
    02 Intimate Secretary
    03 Hands
    04 Steady, As She Goes
    05 Together
    06 A House Is Not A Motel
    07 Store Bought Bones
    08 Call It a Day
    09 Yellow Sun
    10 Broken Boy Soldier
    11 5 on the 5
    12 Blue Veins
    ==========
    13 Headin For The Texas Border

I would like to say I was there, but it wasn't me it was my daughter :o ..now I feel old :(

Anyway, she thought they were great and told me I have to answer this thread just to tell you all :rolleyes:

Have a great night porchdweller :)

Been given a ps .. Jack White is unbelievably 'white' and Brendan Benson has the skinniest legs.
    ♥ ♪ ♪
  • Options
    mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 475
    Yea, I'm wondering if I should spend $30 to see them when they come to Atlanta. Keep in mind that I'm a poor college student so that is a lot to me.
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • Options
    If you can check them out. Just went last night in Seattle. They were pretty sick. Very good band, tight music. The album translates well live.

EV
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,846
    i'm thinking about traveling to atlantic city to see them (about a 3.5 hour drive). is it worth it? i love their album and am a huge white stripes fan? but the setlist seems short, especially compared to a PJ show?
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    mwachsman wrote:
    Yea, I'm wondering if I should spend $30 to see them when they come to Atlanta. Keep in mind that I'm a poor college student so that is a lot to me.

Sure, you might as well. What if they never tour again? May be your only shot.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    i'm thinking about traveling to atlantic city to see them (about a 3.5 hour drive). is it worth it? i love their album and am a huge white stripes fan? but the setlist seems short, especially compared to a PJ show?

I don't ever compare length of shows to a PJ show, otherwise I'll be dissapointed every single time.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

Man it is a great show, but I don't know that it is worth a 3.5 hour drive, especially due to the length of the show. If you're down there for other reasons and that happens to be one def. go. But 3.5 hrs is steep for a 1.5 hour show.

EV
  • Options
    pj_zombiepj_zombie Posts: 272
    mwachsman wrote:

Hah, I know what you mean. College budgets suck, especially once those payments start hitting you hard. I'm kind of going through the same thing (graduated last week, payments start soon) but I try to make a concert here and there. I want to see The Raconteurs but I'm going to wait until they have another album of material. Jack said it's not just a one time thing and he plans to run both The White Stripes and The Raconteurs. I'd love to see both, but I'd rather see The White Stripes.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    going to see them in baltimore at the virgin festival
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    they did '(bang bang) my baby shot me down' and 'crazy' by gnarls barkley yeterday @ the lolapalooza concert...
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    brhf9 wrote:
    they did '(bang bang) my baby shot me down' and 'crazy' by gnarls barkley yeterday @ the lolapalooza concert...

Did you go to that? I saw it on the webcast and it was good. I"m thinking about seeing them in Montreal.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    Rust1978Rust1978 Posts: 13
    I just got back from seein' this band tonight in Ann Arbor, MI, and they're worth the $30 or whatever's the charge. White's solo on Blue Veins was incredible! I really think I pushed it too far this time and have done some serious damage to my hearing. :D
    Shows: 6.30.08

"You can't be a Real Country unless you have a BEER and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a BEER." -Frank Zappa
  • Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    JaneNY wrote:
    Did you go to that? I saw it on the webcast and it was good. I"m thinking about seeing them in Montreal.

i read on a web site. i wish i could be there...
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    i saw them in ann arbor last night

blue veins, it ain't easy and store bought bones blew me away

i can't wait until i can see them again!
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    Saw them at First Ave in Mpls on 8/3. It was an incredible show. It was my first time seeing Jack live and I was blown away. Easily in the top 5 of concerts I have ever been to (btw, the only PJ concert in my personal concert top 5 is 7.8.95).
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I've been to a lot of concerts and it takes a lot to amaze me, but last night was amazing!

The Raconteurs are incredible live!
  • Options
    Oh my Fuckin Lord! These guys are amazing live. Just went to the Virgin Music Festival on Sunday Sept 10, 2006. They blew everyone away, even Wolfmother ,who I adore. The new album is crazy good time rock and roll.
    Go see them you won't forget it. Hearing Broken Boy Soldier ,Store bought Bones , Blue veins and Intimate Secretary live is an experience. We got a few covers only one I recognized is Bang Bang (my baby shot me down), Sonny and cher tune. Wow.
    They are incredibly tight playing musicians too. Seasoned professionals like
    Pearl Jam who know what works live and what doesn't.
    cheers from Canada , t.c
    Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's Soul remains Unawakened.
    Anatole France
  • Options
    saw them at Irving Plaza earlier this year. went to the show w/o knowing one of their songs (which usually means i am not interested) - and i thought they were really good. i'd go again definitely.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Obsidian22 wrote:
    Seasoned professionals like
    Pearl Jam who know what works live and what doesn't.

I totally agree