Options

Anyone seen Staind?

porchdwellerporchdweller Posts: 228
edited September 2006 in Other Music
Yeah Yeah, I know, let the flaming begin. But I went to watch them last night and it was pretty good. But damn it was obnoxiously loud. I like loud shows but this was just too much. The concert was decent and I had a good time, but Aaron Lewis can scrap the rest of that band. I would rather hear him and an acoustic. Not one of my fav bands but def. good enough to see for around here. There are no good shows around here, but that was pretty good last night, just loud.
"That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    doogdoog Posts: 59
    I'm not much of a fan of Staind, but it seems to me there was a thread a few months ago around here where someone had won tix to Staind, and if i'm remembering correctly, that person also got to go backstage to meet the band.
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    seen them twice on bigger tours...they were always forgettable compared to all the other bands with them

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    i saw them twice so far and i thought they were very good, i know mostly everyone on this message board hates staind with a fiery passion but i like them alot
  • Options
    Liked them a little bit a few years ago went to see them and was very bored. I fell asleep at only 2 concerts in my life Staind and Bon Jovi (went to Bon Jovi because my girlfriend at the time loved him and I tried like hell to stay awake but couldn't do it)
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Options
    Seen them three times. Once open for Korn when there 1st cd came out. Last December and I got to see them two weeks ago play an all acoustic show that will release with there greatest hits cd that comes out in November. Was at the Hiro Ballroom in NYC with like 300 people. Great show. They played covers of Comfortably Numb, Nutshell, and Sober.
    1998- MSG 1
    2003- MSG 1 & 2
    2006- Irving Plaza, Albany, NJ 1 & 2
    2008- MSG 1 & 2
    2008- EV NYC 2
    2010- Hartford
    2016- MSG 2
  • Options
    Aaron Lewis can scrap the rest of that band. I would rather hear him and an acoustic

i have said that from the beginning!
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • Options
    Yeah Yeah, I know, let the flaming begin. But I went to watch them last night and it was pretty good. But damn it was obnoxiously loud. I like loud shows but this was just too much. The concert was decent and I had a good time, but Aaron Lewis can scrap the rest of that band. I would rather hear him and an acoustic. Not one of my fav bands but def. good enough to see for around here. There are no good shows around here, but that was pretty good last night, just loud.

They came to Sarnia last summer for our Bayfest. They put on a really good show, I was actually surprised.
    There's no I in team, but there's me.

"0035 EVENFLOW PSYCHOS

"I'm George Bush and my son's an asshole" 08/03/2000

Don't stop wen you're tired, stop when you're done
  • Options
    They played covers of Comfortably Numb, Nutshell, and Sober.

aight, i was holding my tongue...but covering "nutshell?"

fuck aaron pooiss.
  • Options
    I saw them once in a festival in Germany and they were very very bad. It was the concert with the badest sound. It was crap. From this moment on I dislike Staind. (Even Limp Bizkit was better.................'you know what i mean!?????)
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.