Song for the Dead
    Song for the Deaf
    You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar, But I Feel Like A Millionaire
    Regular John
    Walkin' On the Sidewalks
    Avon
    Better Living Through Chemistry
    Feel Good Hit Of the Summer
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • Options
    chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    I love all their stuff...heavy and slower.... Their dvd is amazing.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    well josh homme used to be in the best stoenr rock band Kyuss.

but i really dont like qotsa, i got all their stuff, i used to love, lost arts of keeping a secret and no one knows. so some of sogns for the deaf and some of that blue album lol, whatever its called, lullabies, i need to listen more

but they got a bit weird and not really good :S

oh well, thats my opinion

Ed
  • Options
    Yeah, he is right, you should just get everything they've got.
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:
    well josh homme used to be in the best stoenr rock band Kyuss.

but i really dont like qotsa, i got all their stuff, i ued to love, lost arts of keeping a secret and no one knows.

but they got a bit weird and not really good :S

oh well, thats my opinion

Ed

They got a bit wierd? I love when bands get experimental. See No Code. But I think 'Lullabies' was a very good next step in the catalouge. What do you want them to do put something out that is just like 'SFTD', no way. You have to grow. Change direction. I thought the latest record was everything the other records had and then its own touch of something else. Just like the record implies, they've moved from the desert to the woods, and its always a little darker in the woods.
  • Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    i like qotsa, but why is it they always have one song from their albums the radio plays (no one knows, little sister), and plays to death. i guess i could answer my own question by saying radio sucks. songs for the deaf is a great album
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Mexicola

On their first album check it out.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Dick Jones wrote:
    They got a bit wierd? I love when bands get experimental. See No Code. But I think 'Lullabies' was a very good next step in the catalouge. What do you want them to do put something out that is just like 'SFTD', no way. You have to grow. Change direction. I thought the latest record was everything the other records had and then its own touch of something else. Just like the record implies, they've moved from the desert to the woods, and its always a little darker in the woods.

hmm, maybe i used the wrong term, i meant it just wasn't very qotsa, it wasn't very good music in general in my opinion, dont worry,i listen to plenty of weird music? ever heard of ruins?

peace

Ed
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:
    hmm, maybe i used the wrong term, i meant it just wasn't very qotsa, it wasn't very good music in general in my opinion, dont worry,i listen to plenty of weird music? ever heard of ruins?

peace

Ed

Ruins? No I've never heard of it. Genre?
  • Options
    Let me make a provocative statement first: QOTSA are unworthy of a Mark Lanegan.

In The Fade is a good one of theirs (because of Mr. Lanegan of course ;)) but Lost Art and especially Go With The Flow will never loose its shine for me. I dont like albums of them as a whole but the some songs like Go With The Flow are just amazing beyond imagination. I didnt buy the last album though since the first two singles didnt attract me at all.
    Well, do you need a lot of what you've got to survive?
  • Options
    Go With The Flow!?!?

That song is pretty simple to me. Kinda boring even, save the video.
  • Options
    Dick Jones wrote:
    Ruins? No I've never heard of it. Genre?

lol they are mad, dont know what they are really

its rock, just really mad solos, and vocals and stuff, its crazy
  • Options
    Dick Jones wrote:
    Go With The Flow!?!?

That song is pretty simple to me. Kinda boring even, save the video.

I love it, you're right, it's not really complicated objectively speaking, but it just stuck I guess. I can listen to that one on end.
    Well, do you need a lot of what you've got to survive?
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    I say get everything. There's not a bad record in the bunch.
  • Options
    The Blood is Love is a great song.
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    Mexicola

On their first album check it out.
    And that would be my personal favorite QOTSA song, along with "In the Fade" from Rated R.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    heavy?
    hispanic impressions
    walkin on the sidewalks (especially a live version... usually 7 minutes long with lanegan singing it)
    quick and to the pointless
    tension head
    i think i lost my head ache
    millionaire
    songs for the dead
    skin on skin
    someone's in the wolf
    burn the witch
    infinity
    born to hula
    the bronze
    ode to clarissa
    you're so vague (possibly the best song ever)
    the remix of millionaire

and from the desert sessions:
    covered in punk's blood
    nenada
    rickshaw

but seriously, anything by them is great.
  • Options
    enharmonic wrote:
    I say get everything. There's not a bad record in the bunch.

i have to say....he is absolutely right.....

for the first try i would choose songs for the deaf
    i hurt myself today,
    to see if i still feel,
    i focus all the pain,
    the only thing that´s real...
  • Options
    Bring Back Kyuss!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Born To Hula!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    The Bronze

These guys are one of the best bands around, imo. I'd say start with Songs for the Deaf, and then get Rated R, S/T, then Lullabyes to Paralyze. Then Desert Session 9&10. PJ Harvey and Josh Freese rules it.

-brent
    www.brentplaysdrums.com
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    And that would be my personal favorite QOTSA song, along with "In the Fade" from Rated R.

Nice In the Fade is my favorite QOTSA song i just did not think it was near as heavy as Mexicola and the orgianl poster asked for heavy.

That opening bass and then that chunky riff kick my ass every time and it never gets old.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Songs for the Deaf and S/T are the best albums to drive around to. Hands down. Love it.
  • Options
    pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    If you by chance smoke weed, i highly suggest you get all of their stuff. I loved Kyuss and i bought the first album when it came out. I was suprised at how good the last albums was. Burn the Witch is such a fucking awesome song. Josh Homme's got some sweet riffs.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05