Chili Peppers tour

chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
edited October 2006 in Other Music
I'm going to see them tonight in NJ. Anyone see the show last night or others on this tour? I'm trying to find a setlist to see what I should expect.

Thanks.
"This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    I saw them in Quebec City and Boston at the first of October. They were really energetic and having a good time at both of those shows. Some people have commented that Anthony's vocals have been off and hasn't been delivering like he usually does but he seemed to be on fire those two nights. As far as the setlist, you can expect that they will probably open with Can't Stop and end with Under the Bridge and Give it Away. Although in Boston, as you will see below, they closed with I Could Have Lied which was a great treat! They also aren't playing much of the older stuff (pre-BSSM). Here are the setlists:

Quebec City - Oct. 1

Intro / Jam
    Can't Stop
    Dani California
    Scar Tissue
    Charlie (w/ Marcel from Mars Volta)
    Fortune Faded
    21st Century
    Blood Sugar Sex Magic
    Throw Away Your Television
    Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow? (John Solo)
    Snow (Hey Ho)
    Nobody Weird Like Me
    Stadium Arcadium
    Right on Time
    Don't Forget Me
    Tell Me Baby
    Californication
    By the Way

Encore:
    Chad Drum solo
    Under the Bridge
    Give it Away
    Outro Jam

Boston - Oct. 2

Intro Jam
    Can't Stop
    Dani California
    Scar Tissue
    Charlie (w/ Marcel from the Mars Volta)
    Fortune Faded
    Readymade
    Blood Sugar Sex Magik
    Your Pussy's Glued To a Building On Fire (John solo)
    Snow
    Me and My Friends
    Strip My Mind
    Right on Time
    Don't Forget Me
    Tell Me Baby
    Californication
    By the Way

Encore:
    Chad Drum Solo
    I Could Have Lied
    Give it Away
    Outro Jam
  • chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    Cool man, I really appreciate the reviews. Thanks.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    funkymonk wrote:
    I saw them in Quebec City and Boston at the first of October. They were really energetic and having a good time at both of those shows. Some people have commented that Anthony's vocals have been off and hasn't been delivering like he usually does but he seemed to be on fire those two nights. As far as the setlist, you can expect that they will probably open with Can't Stop and end with Under the Bridge and Give it Away. Although in Boston, as you will see below, they closed with I Could Have Lied which was a great treat! They also aren't playing much of the older stuff (pre-BSSM). Here are the setlists:

Quebec City - Oct. 1

Intro / Jam
    Can't Stop
    Dani California
    Scar Tissue
    Charlie (w/ Marcel from Mars Volta)
    Fortune Faded
    21st Century
    Blood Sugar Sex Magic
    Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow? (John Solo)
    Snow (Hey Ho)
    Nobody Weird Like Me
    Stadium Arcadium
    Right on Time
    Don't Forget Me
    Tell Me Baby
    Californication
    By the Way

Encore:
    Chad Drum solo
    Under the Bridge
    Give it Away
    Outro Jam

Boston - Oct. 2

Intro Jam
    Can't Stop
    Dani California
    Scar Tissue
    Charlie (w/ Marcel from the Mars Volta)
    Fortune Faded
    Readymade
    Blood Sugar Sex Magik
    Your Pussy's Glued To a Building On Fire (John solo)
    Snow
    Me and My Friends
    Strip My Mind
    Right on Time
    Don't Forget Me
    Tell Me Baby
    Californication
    By the Way

Encore:
    Chad Drum Solo
    I Could Have Lied
    Give it Away
    Outro Jam

I enjoyed the show in Vancouver a lot of fun and John F's guitar mastery blew mw away. That said they opened with the exact same six songs here as well along with many other similar songs from the set list.......must get a little monotonous if you were to see them multiple times.
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    Went last night and they were pretty solid. Show clocked in just under 2 hours. They came on at 9:10 and went until 11. The setlist was very similar to the Boston ones. They definately did NOT play Under the Bridge, so you'l most likely get it tonight. No Soul to Squeeze last night either. He did say they would play some different stuff tonight.

Probably not in order or complete, here is what they did play to the best of my recollection:

Can't Stop
    Dani California
    Scar Tissue
    Charlie
    Fortune Faded
    Ready Made
    BSSM
    Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow
    Snow
    Me and My Friends
    Stadium Arcadium
    Californication
    Tell Me Baby
    By the Way
    Don't Forget Me
    Right on Time
    Give it Away

and they opened and closed with jams

The encore break was a little long, so do not panic if it seems long. And no, they are nowhere near PJ length encores. 2 to 3 songs. You see Anthony leave and the rest of them jam, it's time to head to the exits...
  • funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    Hawkshore,

You certainly hit the nail on the head. John's guitar mastery is certainly something to behold. He is severely underrated and his playing will probably only be sufficiently appreciated after he is long gone. I know that I am laying it on strong but he sure does play that geetar well (understatement).

Atomic Punk,

I wouldn't suggest leaving a Chili Peppers show during one of their extended jams. Some of their best playing takes place during these jams.
  • chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    Real good show, the vocals could have sounded clearer, but that might just be the arena. The setlist was similar to the previous ones and Frusciante is f'n awesome.

• PJFanPJFan Posts: 3
    Great show. Frusciante dominated at times. One of the few shows that I've been to where it did not feel like the lead singer was the dominant figure on stage. Those jam sessions are one of the best parts of the show, nuts to leave in the middle of one.
  • This is the set list Tusday from what I remember. The Mars Volta who I usually like played 3 songs over 40 minutes with one song like 25 minutes. I heard there regular drummer wasnt there and maybe they were trying to fill till but man it was painful till Viscera Eyes. Anyone have the setlist from Wednesday?

Intro Jam
    Can't Stop
    Dani California
    Charlie
    Readymade
    Fortune Fated
    Scar Tissue
    Blood Sugar Sex magic
    Flea Bass solo
    Throw away your telelvision
    Will you still love me tomorrow - John played solo
    Snow
    Me and my friends
    Stadium Arcadium
    London Calling intro/Right on time
    Don't Forget Me
    Tell me baby
    Interlude/Californication
    By the way
    I could've lied.
    Rock with the drummer fromt he mars volta
    Give it away/Improve
    1998- MSG 1
    2003- MSG 1 & 2
    2006- Irving Plaza, Albany, NJ 1 & 2
    2008- MSG 1 & 2
    2008- EV NYC 2
    2010- Hartford
    2016- MSG 2
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    I have 3 tickets for the OCT. 23RD SHOW(MONDAY). Face value of course, to my fellow JAMMERS. SECTION 103. I can meet you at the show. PM if interested.