John Mayer - Continuum

chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
edited September 2006 in Other Music
Here's a sneak preview of the new album......

http://www.clearchannelmusic.com/cc-common/mfeatures/player/player.html?songLink=belief&folderName=johnmayerSP&gateway=exiting

I'd highly recommend "Belief" (featuring Ben Harper).
"This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    thanks for the link, ill have to check this out
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    I'm listening to it as well, "Belief" is a pretty sweet track, I am really liking the vibe to this album. I really enjoyed "Heavier Things" and "Try!" so this seems like a great progression.
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    Ok initial reaction to a few of the tracks(mind you i have not listened to all of them all the way through yet).....Pretty mellow and mid tempo, I kinda miss the funkiness from some of the Trio songs. I dont like the Mayer solo stuff pre-Trio so to me this is better than that stuff but not as good as the Trio.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    this is pretty kickass so far.

i got into him with the trio record so i'm a little behind. love his guitar playing.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    After a couple listens I have to say that this is a pretty sweet record. It's very very mellow, which I like. I also hear that shortly after Continuum "drops" that he is going to release a solo acoustic CD of studio material.

Belief and Stop This Train are the standout tracks for me
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I love Slow Dancing In A Burning Room. Just saw him last week at Jones Beach and just scored tickets to see him next week at Webster Hall. Looking forward to it and when the album comes out, so I can hear it without a voice going "Sneak peak, hear it here first," every minute at the worst time.

At first I was a little disappointed by it though. I was expecting something more along the lines of Try! and harder edged than Heavier Things, but this album is very soulful and after a few listens I'm really digging it.
  • chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    Good stuff Moster. I'll be at Webster too, hopefully chillin' up in the balcony. Definitely looking forward to hearing some of this new stuff live.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    chimpat wrote:
    Good stuff Moster. I'll be at Webster too, hopefully chillin' up in the balcony. Definitely looking forward to hearing some of this new stuff live.

Its really, really good live, even though you could still hear the effects of laryngitis in his voice. The crowd at Jones Beach was a little weird though. Too many people sitting down.

Any chance you can get me up in the balcony too? =)