Bloc Party Live

chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
edited April 2007 in Other Music
Has anyone here seen them live before? I saw them last night in NYC and I was blown away. One of the best live shows I've seen in a long, long time. Those guys absolutely brought it from the opening chord and their drummer is simply amazing. Can't wait until they come around again.
"This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i saw them back i n2005, they were fucking great. the drummer is fucking incredible!!!

i have tix to see them again in june , cant Wait!!
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I think i have to listen to that band.
    is that really that good ?
    I've only heard a few things on the radio. I think it's not bad but it didn't seem awesome to me.

Anyway, they are playing at Werchter festival in june, on the day PJ plays, so I think I'm going to listen to their stuff.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    i got a few friends that really dig em... seen their show in Vancouver and said it was really good.... i could never get into them
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i saw them in chicago and it was pretty good. the crowd was surprisingly into them. they rocked pretty hard, though the new material didnt seem to go over quite as well as the old. it was a very energetic show. the only problem as far as i was concerned was it being very hard to make out the vocals.
  • i saw them last week in toronto, and honestly i wasnt that impressed. they were good, but not great. they just didnt sound as tight as some of the other bands ive seen recently (the shins, silverchair, wolfmother).
    it was a good show, but not one of the best that i have seen. i enjoyed it though.
    i also havent been impressed with their new album that much yet either. again, its okay, but i cant get into it like i did with silent alarm.