Chris Cornell in motorcycle accident

edited October 2006 in Other Music
Got this from an Audioslave board and just posted it at the Mosquito then i thought you poeple would be interested too.

Narrow Escape
Audioslave frontman Chris Cornell almost had his solo career cut short permanently Tuesday afternoon when he was rear-ended by a truck in L.A.'s Studio City while riding his motorcycle. Cornell was catapulted 20 feet into the air and suffered severe cuts and bruises, but was able to walk away from the accident. He "seemed a lot more concerned with his $50,000 Exile Chopper which was completely destroyed," said a spy. His rep said, "Chris escaped with very little injury considering the severity of the accident. Later that day, he returned to the studio to record his new solo album." -NY Post, Page 6

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10272006/go...gesix_.htm

That could have really sucked. glad to hear he's alright enough to go back to recording so quickly.
The have's have not a fucking clue
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    yeah, close call there Chris!!!!....
  • macgyver06macgyver06 Posts: 2,500
    that truck tried to give him his savior...little did they know..he cant die!
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Yeah, that was some scary shit. Read that this morning. I saw the headline about Chris Cornell in Auto accident and my heart sank. I am so glad he is allright.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    ubs glad he is alive!!!
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    Glad he´s ok!
    Considering that he returned to the studio in the same day, I guess the accident wasn´t that serious.
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • huahhuah Posts: 18
    Yikes :( Sounds scary.
    Matt Cameron is awesome.
  • whoa! this is the first i've heard of this. glad he's alright! i find this happening to be ironic considering this:

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/cornell%20fears%20for%20accident-prone%20bandmate_1009018
  • larslars Posts: 524
    he shouldn´t have cut his hair
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    http://www.audioslaved.com/article650.html
    I spoke with Chris Cornell a few hours ago. Chris wanted the following message passed on to everyone:

"I would like to thank everyone for their concern, kinds words, and support regarding the news about my bike accident and the stalking of my family. Thanks, it means alot. CC"

I was able to obtain a little more information about the accident. Aside from what the media has been reporting from their sources, it was actually a head-on collision with a freight-truck (the reports made it sound more like a pick-up truck). Chris was thankfully wearing a helmet which helped minimize injury. He is pretty bruised and banged up but is doing good.
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Jeez that sounds like he had a real narrow escape. Pretty bizarre that he went to record that album anyway. He must have been in a weird mood, could work pretty inspiring.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Damn!! glad he is ok.
    But WTH---that is quite a difference---head on collision vs. rear ended.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • red mos wrote:
    Yeah, that was some scary shit. Read that this morning. I saw the headline about Chris Cornell in Auto accident and my heart sank. I am so glad he is allright.
    same thing happened to me when i read the thread title.

I agree, Cornell is invincible.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • sweet fucking christ, a head on collision with a freight truck!?!?

Did Wave Goodbye come to mind to anyone else? :(

So so so so glad he's alright.. I can't imagine what I'd do if we lost him..

"Make our day"
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    "Later that day, he returned to the studio to record his new solo album.".

:D:D:D

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i heard he's starting for the steelers today.
  • BTW did Bob Dylan's motorcycle accident in the 60's come to anyone else's mind?

"Make our day"
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    BTW did Bob Dylan's motorcycle accident in the 60's come to anyone else's mind?

Hahhahahaha It actually did. After that Blood on the tracks and Hurricane came so we have something to look forward to. Finally some actual post Soundgarden greatness by Chris.:D
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • mike_s_6mike_s_6 Posts: 160
    I just remembered when I got that call about my brother being in a motorbike accident. Pretty scary.
  • Thank God Chris is all right. That would be horrible to lose some one with his talent and he has done so much good for us. I would really miss him. Thank God he is ok. Side note I looked at harleys today after hearing about this it really makes me second guess getting one.
  • actually that song called motorcylce loop came to mind. That is a soundgarden song it is a Bside. More of guitar sounds then really a song.