thom yorke -eraser-

bernt bergerbernt berger Posts: 14
edited February 2007 in Other Music
damn good album.
one of the best solo album i heard in a looooooong time. listen to it all day long.......
And it rained all night and harrowdown Hill is my favoritt so far

have fun

*see you all in lisboan and madrid

bernt
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    it is a great album. It goes well with Kid A. Now let's see the new Radiohead cd!
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Yeah, a new Radiohead CD would be great as would some more tour dates!
    momofglynn wrote:
    it is a great album. It goes well with Kid A. Now let's see the new Radiohead cd!
  • FunkdogFunkdog Posts: 85
    i did not like this album, and i am a huge radiohead fan. I just don't like the feel of it, maybe I should give it another try, but I don't know if I will anytime soon. What tracks do you all like? Maybe I should key in on these if I spin it again.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure" - H.J.S.

"I have come here to chew bubble-gum, and kick ass! And I'm all out of bubble-gum!" R.P.
  • love radiohead. not feelin this album. although i dig the title track.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • psycosmicpsycosmic Posts: 504
    Funkdog wrote:
    What tracks do you all like? Maybe I should key in on these if I spin it again.

my favourite is also harrowdown hill...
    i really like the guitar in the end and wish it would go on a little bit longer...
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

http://epplehausradio.blogspot.com/

pearl jam @ the astoria, london, 20/04/06
  • its ok. not great, but not terrible. i was a little disappointed in it.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,150
    the eraser is a great album that gets better everytime i listen to it.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • pjhabitpjhabit Posts: 211
    not into the mellow techno feel of this album
    Boise 11/3/00~Fargo 6/15/03~Winnipeg 9/8/05~St. Paul 6/26/06~6/27/06
  • edpearsonedpearson Posts: 331
    Listened to like 4 tracks already. It's OK. Some of these songs were played on their recent mini tour. I really like "Black Swan". But I'm usually a sucker for any song that drops the "F" word.
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

===========================
  • i keep listening to this, and i like it better the more i listen. good album to listen to when you're unwinding at night. i guess, like kida and some of radiohead's later work, you have to give the album more time to digest, because it's a tough listen at first.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • bryanfurybryanfury Posts: 460
    cymbal rush is great too.

really good album! the b-sides are great too.

i play it for my new baby all the time!
    those undecided, needn't have faith to be free
  • larslars Posts: 524
    eraser is plain boring
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    The record is all about subtlety. It's got a love it or hate it vibe that will make it a classic. all good art is like that. Nothing that stands the test of time is ever just ok. I'll be able to put this record on in 10 years and rock it like I still rock Bjork's first album. :)
  • Skip Divided is my fav
    enharmonic wrote:
    The record is all about subtlety. It's got a love it or hate it vibe that will make it a classic. all good art is like that. Nothing that stands the test of time is ever just ok. I'll be able to put this record on in 10 years and rock it like I still rock Bjork's first album. :)
    no, it´s just plain boring
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I love this album. I think I listened to it at least 50 times now and it grows on me every time I listen to it.
    Harrowdown hill, cymbal rush, analyse, are awesome tracks...
    I prefer that solo album than the last radiohead's albums (like Kid A)
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    I've been listening to this album a whole bunch lately. The rainy dark weather here mixes with it so perfectly. :o I love the mood it sets. It's so dark and beautiful!
    Black Swan just refuses to get outta my head too! I am so obessed with this song.

I definitely agree that this album is very Kid A....
    which I absolutely love about it.
    :)
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    lars wrote:
    no, it´s just plain boring

I respectfully disagree
  • this album is just amazing. eraser and analyze are my favs. cymabl rush very close. the live versions are even better. his performances from the rollins show are chillingly good!!!
    those undecided, needn't have faith to be free
  • very powerful album, extremely depressing and dark though. All songs can sort of be connected to the war or the environment. I mean, the video for Harrowdown Hill is just images of protesters throughout modern times being beaten by cops.

As I have stated in various other threads I find it very interesting, that our generation, is making such powerful antiwar, protest music, but it isnt music thats telling our generation to "go and start the revolution". Its more about dealing with the war inside yourself. Name any of the so called antiwar records of the last few years, Uncle Neil, several of the songs of Dylan's album, Tool, Pearl Jam, Bright Eyes, all of these people arent on the records telling us to go and resist and fight the system, instead its about dealing with the war and how the war effects us. Its no coincidence uncle neil titled his record "living with war".

So, again, its a very morose and sorrowfilled record, its angry, and no doubt tom wants us to get involved in the antiwar cause and the environmental movement, but, and this goes for all the records I listed above, the music isnt a call to arms, its about confronting the demon in your own mind
  • fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    Great album.

Least fav. is Skip Divided, though. I always skip over this song (no pun intended).
  • sasojsasoj Posts: 239
    the album is ok...
    just ok...
    its vannila, plain vannila...
    no chocholate
    you know i am from the city and in the city, this album is ok...
    just ok...
    i love rock chicks
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I have no patience. I can't listen to an album over and over again waiting for it to click. This hasn't and now sadly gathers dust on the shelf.
    nuffingman wrote:
    I have no patience. I can't listen to an album over and over again waiting for it to click. This hasn't and now sadly gathers dust on the shelf.
    Nice to hear from people who can tell good music from boring....and here I thought Radiohead listeners knew better. Eraser is just boring.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    i like the album - don't love it though
    and as for the person who persists on saying that it is just plain boring - we read you the first time (for fuck sakes)

favorite tracks

analyze (i really like this song)
    atoms for peace
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
    lars wrote:
    Nice to hear from people who can tell good music from boring....and here I thought Radiohead listeners knew better. Eraser is just boring.

If you can do better, I'm sure we'd love to hear it...even those of us who by your own baseless observation can't tell good music from boring music. :rolleyes:

It's art, and not all art affects all people in the same way. If you're bored with it, you might be a person who is far more gifted than Mr. Yorke (though I doubt it). Or, you might lack the ability to appreciate music from the electronica genre...which would be totally valid and reasonable...but to assert that people who like this album don't know good music, you transcend the ability to be taken at your word, and pass directly into douchebaggery. How could you begin to know anything about anyone's musical tastes based on their appreciation (or lack thereof) of one album?

If it's boring, it's boring for a reason. You might not like the programming, or the lyrics, or the lack of guitars...but rather than disqualify others opinions, why not try qualifying your own? It opens a discussion of viewpoints that can be beneficial...rather than taking a shot at the taste of those who like the album. Explain what it is about the album that you don't like. Show some insight and intelligence, rather than dismissing it and the people who apprecaite it.

I went through a similar issue with the Audioslave records, and every time I came to a conclusion that I greatly disliked the album, I had an explanation. But most importantly, I never personally dismissed the opinion of others as being less valid than my own. I might have called it elevator music on steroids, but I didn't say that people who like it have no taste, or must have a great collection of elevator music...ya know?

People might have taken my explanations the wrong way, because I listen to music as a musician and a recording engineer. Doesn't make my opinion any more or less valid...but it does give me a bigger palette to work with than many. Likewise, youmight have some insight that would influence the way that others approach their listening experience...and grow from it. :)
  • Skip Divided is my fav

Before Harrowdown Hill became a single, that was my favorite, but the album came out and I found myself listening to Skip Divided more. It's one of the most clever songs I've heard in a long time. My pick for an obsessive love song for Valentine's Day. ;)
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~