Hoobastank "The Reason"

WhiteMaleRatWhiteMaleRat Posts: 301
edited April 2007 in Other Music
this song has a little grunge to it, do you think they were influenced by the Seattle 90's bands?

song is catchy as hell....
"This guy back here is giving me the ole one more....one more back to you buddy."

- Mr. Edward Vedder 7/11/03

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Man, Hoobastink suck.

Incubus wannabes.
  • Probably... who wasn't influenced by 90s Seattle bands?
    And I love this song, for inexplicable reasons. And the video.
  • boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    Are you serious? That has to be one of the cheesiest, most cliche-filled songs in the history of music. There isn't an ounce of rock to it. It is pure pop.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    they are very different in concert :)

i was shocked when i saw them open up for velvet revolver, i guess 2 years ago. the front man did not have a shirt on and he is thin but looks like he works out. he uses "fuck" like a third grader who learned a new dirty word. their music in concert sure seemed alot harder than the reason. they did not even seem like it was their song.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    the reason is the reason i was not a fan of hoobastank. i didn't mind their last album but on the whole i find them underwhelming.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • KiDLiQuiDKiDLiQuiD Posts: 10
    I nominate "The Reason" for the worst song of all time.
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    KiDLiQuiD wrote:

I second that motion. I don't even listen to the radio and had that song drilled into my brain in 04 and 05. Uff da.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • The MaestroThe Maestro Posts: 100
    KiDLiQuiD wrote:

It's no "My Humps" but I don't think that's a bad choice at all.
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    iluvcats wrote:
    they are very different in concert :)

i was shocked when i saw them open up for velvet revolver, i guess 2 years ago. the front man did not have a shirt on and he is thin but looks like he works out. he uses "fuck" like a third grader who learned a new dirty word. their music in concert sure seemed alot harder than the reason. they did not even seem like it was their song.

I'm sorry, but your taste is absolute dog-shit. I mean you consistently never fail to mention and take up for the worst garbage I've ever heard.
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    I actually think the song is pretty amazing in that it could just be the most soulless song I've ever heard thats categorized as "rock".....

I got their album basketball shorts like 10 years ago... better than any of their crap now although i haven't listened to it since back then.
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Brainofdz wrote:
    I'm sorry, but your taste is absolute dog-shit. I mean you consistently never fail to mention and take up for the worst garbage I've ever heard.
    wtf dude, lay off of her liking music just cause u think its shit. wow i like like blink-182 does that mean my musical is shit no it doesnt. people are gonna like what they like not what u like. learn to respect others people taste in music even if u think its shit
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

wtf dude, lay off of her liking music just cause u think its shit. wow i like like blink-182 does that mean my musical is shit no it doesnt. people are gonna like what they like not what u like. learn to respect others people taste in music even if u think its shit

How bout not asshole
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

depends on what era blink 182 we're talking about. :D
    and here's a novel idea, if someone has a problem with something someone else said about them then its up to that person to call them on it. no one needs a white knight. we're all grown ups here.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    depends on what era blink 182 we're talking about. :D
    and here's a novel idea, if someone has a problem with something someone else said about them then its up to that person to call them on it. no one needs a white knight. we're all grown ups here.
    there early stuff like flyswatter(there demo tape), buddha, cheshire cat, dude ranch. all there stuff before travis came into the band.no its not a novel idea, there was no need for what dz said bout her music taste and there was no need to call me a asshole, so i reported that name calling post.one of the best concerts i saw in my life was hoobstank at a bar on long island a few years ago.

there early stuff like flyswatter(there demo tape), buddha, cheshire cat, dude ranch. all there stuff before travis came into the band.no its not a novel idea, there was no need for what dz said bout her music taste and there was no need to call me a asshole, so i reported that name calling post.one of the best concerts i saw in my life was hoobstank at a bar on long island a few years ago.

the "Hoobabowl" at Mulchahy's ?

yup that would the bar, mulchahy's pub

• are their groupies called Hoobaskanks?
    "This guy back here is giving me the ole one more....one more back to you buddy."

- Mr. Edward Vedder 7/11/03