Man Beaten at Family Values Show Dies...

2»

Comments

• Thank goodness he's been found. Seriously though, not a good few weeks for concerts. This past Saturday I was at a Tool concert where 15 people were hospitalized. I was right in the worst of it and let me tell you, it was the obscenely drunk macho guys looking to pick fights that ruined the evening for everyone. Like with the koRn concert, these guys are so concerned with roughing people up that they forget about the music and as a result people get hurt or even die.

I used to be a really big koRn fan and their shows were always a great time. Sure, there was moshing but if you fell or got hurt, someone would help you out. Sadly, it looks like those days are over.
  • Echo27Echo27 Posts: 57
    First of all, I am so happy that the neanderthal who did this was caught. What an awful thing to happen to anyone.

That said, there are ways to minimize the chances of this sort of thing happening. It's probably not the best idea to take your pregnant girlfriend and a mentally handicapped child to one of these shows. It's common knowledge that a lot of assholes go to these sorts of shows. It sucks that in this day and age you can't go enjoy music you like because of jerks like these, but not seeing a show is better than subjecting your girlfriend to this kind of potential hazard. This guy made a poor choice, but not one that deserves being murdered for. Perhaps the small glimmer of good that will come of this is that some people will experience a new lease on life due to the organs he's generously donating.

I have seen situations like this at all types of shows (obviously not ending in this type of tragedy). I just don't get it. I'm a happy drunk! Some people just don't belong anywhere near alcohol or other people for that matter.
    "I am disrespectful to dirt! Can you see that I am serious?"
  • hmm. Do people kill people at concerts when they're drunk or when they're stoned?

go america
  • Echo27Echo27 Posts: 57
    rod_farva wrote:
    hmm. Do people kill people at concerts when they're drunk or when they're stoned?

go america

Exactly! I've never seen a stoner who is inclined to get off the couch, let alone kill someone...
    "I am disrespectful to dirt! Can you see that I am serious?"