Aaron Lews- "Something Like Me"

pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
edited July 2007 in Other Music
EDIT:::: LOOK FARTHER DOWN THREAD FOR LINK TO SONG!!!!!!!!!!

didnt see any other threads about this and i KNOW how much people give Staind and Lewis respect around here..hahaha

this is a GREAT song...he plays it live on his solo tour and there arent any official releases of this..i found a live version of it someone recorded at the show and its ok

this song is deep, has anyone heard it??

LYRICS

Shards of broken pieces
shattered on the floor
its not enough to bleed

tears and angry voices
cracks around the door
no apologies

and every time you say you love me
I just have to stop and catch my breath
how can somebody love something like me
if you could only say your sorry
there is nothing in this world I can't forget
waiting here for you to set me free

toys and colored pencils
scattered on the floor
underneath my feet

you're always crying over nothing
you're always wanting more
you never go to sleep

but every time you say you love me
and every time I feel im falling
she'll be there to save me from myself
little angel watching over me

our taxis in the driveway
our bags are at the door
and it still kills me to leave

but every time you say you love me
and every time I feel im falling
your the one's who saved me from myself
you give me something to believe

and with you here
these cracks and tears
fade away
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    wow...no responses...i guess since its not a Soundgarden, Chris Cornell thread its hopeless...haha
  • HebejebeHebejebe Posts: 108
    pjalive21 wrote:
    wow...no responses...i guess since its not a Soundgarden, Chris Cornell thread its hopeless...haha
    No it's just that all of a sudden everybody has realised that if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing ;)
  • i wont deny it, im a staind fan and i would like to hear this song. i just gotta find a place to download it from
  • bestsanebestsane Posts: 131
    pjalive21 wrote:

Hey any good music is worth listening to. Gimme any downlaod link coz I never heard of this song.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Cant stand him, even great lyrics wouldnt change my opinion
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson

i respect your opinion, but what honestly makes him different from Vedder??? both has experienced some deep things in their life and Ed goes about it in a more symbolic point of view as where Lewis is more direct..what is funny is that one of Lewis idols is Vedder and takes alot after him so all this hate for him is pretty ironic to me...Staind is good and so is Lewis i think its about time we give them credit for it rather than bashing them and lumping them into the Limp Bizkit, Korn era
    Cant stand his whiny voice, music bores me, etc.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• I always liked Aaron Lewis.

My only problem w/ him and Staind was the repetitive theme in every song. At one point I was just like "omg I get it...you're life sucked, your parents sucked, get over it". It just bugged me that lyrically every song was saying the same thing.

But yea, I thought Break the Cycle had some great songs on it and I thought their Unplugged performance was really good. I even still have it on tape somewhere.

The album after that though was pretty rough for me. As much as the repetitive whiney "i hate my life" stuff annoyed me, Aaron Lewis singing upbeat songs about being happy annoyed me far worse, lol.
  • I'm a Lewis fan....only trouble is I can't listen to the song at work.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • I'm a Lewis fan....only trouble is I can't listen to the song at work.

*waves*

Hey old friend! :)
    I always liked Aaron Lewis.

My only problem w/ him and Staind was the repetitive theme in every song. At one point I was just like "omg I get it...you're life sucked, your parents sucked, get over it". It just bugged me that lyrically every song was saying the same thing.

But yea, I thought Break the Cycle had some great songs on it and I thought their Unplugged performance was really good. I even still have it on tape somewhere.

The album after that though was pretty rough for me. As much as the repetitive whiney "i hate my life" stuff annoyed me, Aaron Lewis singing upbeat songs about being happy annoyed me far worse, lol.

Break the Cycle was a good peice of work...14 Shades of Grey was hit and miss but "So Far Away" off that album is still one of my fav songs...Chapter V is to me equal to BTS and the messages on that album was more broad that the "my life sucks" message..haha
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    whats a music thread w/o pjoasisrules giving us his input
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    I heard this song at his solo shows a few months back......i agree, a great song!
    My lips are shaking.......
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    oppie1 wrote:

it seems like someone has a crush on pjoasis. thats cute, it's fun to see your flirtatious bickering with pjoasis all the time. how old are you, like 6? 7 years old? your spelling is very good for your age. your parents must be proud.

oh and staind sucks, i can't believe someone tried to compare aaron lewis to eddie vedder as if their music is in the same league. aaron lewis has a good voice though but he's kind of a one trick pony if you ask me. where is the fun in this band. i'm surprised that they still have fans. i would think most of them would've slit their wrists by now from listening to their music so much and thus become close to extinction.
    it seems like someone has a crush on pjoasis. thats cute, it's fun to see your flirtatious bickering with pjoasis all the time. how old are you, like 6? 7 years old? your spelling is very good for your age. your parents must be proud.

oh and staind sucks, i can't believe someone tried to compare aaron lewis to eddie vedder as if their music is in the same league. aaron lewis has a good voice though but he's kind of a one trick pony if you ask me. where is the fun in this band. i'm surprised that they still have fans. i would think most of them would've slit their wrists by now from listening to their music so much and thus become close to extinction.
    this thread's pjoasisrules role will be played by his understudy, Tiki Barber
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

hey to each their own right...if you dont like a band fine, and i havent slit my wrist quite yet but thanks for generalizing fans of a band other than PJ

and i cant believe im going to say this but its post like these that kind of irk me...outside of this forum and other PJ fans you cant find to many good things to be said about Ed's voice or Pearl Jam whatsoever...at least when Lewis sings people can understand everything he says and people dont need a PJ decoder ring to figure out what Ed is saying half the time....

maybe i shouldnt of said all that and it makes me sound like a bad fan but seriously the Staind, or any other band outside of what Ed listens too or the band supports around here is almost unbearable
  • pearljam0000pearljam0000 Posts: 450

Well I'm a fan and I haven't even thought about slitting my wrists. I'm too happy of a person to do that kind of stuff but that was a good thought from you.
    pjalive21 wrote:
    hey to each their own right...if you dont like a band fine, and i havent slit my wrist quite yet but thanks for generalizing fans of a band other than PJ

and i cant believe im going to say this but its post like these that kind of irk me...outside of this forum and other PJ fans you cant find to many good things to be said about Ed's voice or Pearl Jam whatsoever...at least when Lewis sings people can understand everything he says and people dont need a PJ decoder ring to figure out what Ed is saying half the time....

maybe i shouldnt of said all that and it makes me sound like a bad fan but seriously the Staind, or any other band outside of what Ed listens too or the band supports around here is almost unbearable

just because i don't like staind you act like you know about my musical taste, as if all i listen to is pearl jam and music that ed supports. anyway maybe i took it a little too far myself. people can listen to whatever they want and that's fine if you like them. i just personally find their music too be a bit whiny and depressing and i was just stating an opinion. i wasn't gonna post anything on here but when i saw someone trying to compare aaron lewis to eddie vedder it got to me a bit, because come on.... really, staind and pearl jam aren't in the same league and i think even a staind fan could agree with that.
    oppie1 wrote:
    this thread's pjoasisrules role will be played by his understudy, Tiki Barber

haha. his understudy? i think not. i don't think pjoasis and i have the same taste in music....but i'm glad you got to call out his name in another post. felt good didn't it?
    haha. his understudy? i think not. i don't think pjoasis and i have the same taste in music....but i'm glad you got to call out his name in another post. felt good didn't it?
    thats puts me at 27 total threads now.. im aiming for 50 by labor day
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

oppie1 wrote:

stalker
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

stalker
    thread crapper
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

just because i don't like staind you act like you know about my musical taste, as if all i listen to is pearl jam and music that ed supports. anyway maybe i took it a little too far myself. people can listen to whatever they want and that's fine if you like them. i just personally find their music too be a bit whiny and depressing and i was just stating an opinion. i wasn't gonna post anything on here but when i saw someone trying to compare aaron lewis to eddie vedder it got to me a bit, because come on.... really, staind and pearl jam aren't in the same league and i think even a staind fan could agree with that.

ok i should have stated your musical taste and im the one that made the Ed/Aaron comparison, both of these guys can write good lyrics, and like i said Ed is more symbolic and Lewis is to the point, thats it...and yes Pearl Jam is in their own league and i agree with you
    oppie1 wrote:
    thread crapper

The guy asked a question, I gave my input..........he doesnt seem to care so why do you care so much? I have made Oasis threads with people talking shit before I ever said anything about another band on here. Go sit in the corner and cry because I said your music sucks.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

The guy asked a question, I gave my input..........he doesnt seem to care so why do you care so much? I have made Oasis threads with people talking shit before I ever said anything about another band on here. Go sit in the corner and cry because I said your music sucks.
    ok...i'm just gonna come out and say it...

i love you, sweetheart
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

oppie1 wrote:
    ok...i'm just gonna come out and say it...

i love you, sweetheart

About time you admit it
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

pjalive21 wrote:
    ok i should have stated your musical taste and im the one that made the Ed/Aaron comparison, both of these guys can write good lyrics, and like i said Ed is more symbolic and Lewis is to the point, thats it...and yes Pearl Jam is in their own league and i agree with you

yep. fair enough. maybe i misunderstood. i did read the lyrics to the song on the thread starter. pretty descent lyrics. still don't really dig their music though.
  • lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    this is a GREAT song. i'm a casual Staind fan but a HUGE aaron lewis fan. this is probably the best of all the songs I discovered when I saw his solo show twice in March. Everything Changes is awesome as well. Please and Schizophrenic Conversations are also really good.

If you can catch his solo show, do it. you wont be disappinted. I have some shows from this year where he also played River of Deceit and Release, in addition to the usual covers he does (Black, Sober, Nusthell, Brother). he also added Angry Chair and Dont Follow to his to a few shows. He played You Cant Always Get What You Want in Milwaukee, awesome! and his cover of Piano Man from the Jackson, CA show is better than Billy Joel could ever sing it, IMO.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?