Matt Sorum coming to my class

PJamGrunge10PJamGrunge10 Posts: 596
edited October 2007 in Other Music
If you don't know who he is, he is the drummer for Velvet Revolver and previously Guns N Roses. My history of rock teacher knows him and he's having him stop by when Velvet Revolver comes to town on their tour (I'm seeing them in Irvine). He actually only has time to come to the earlier class than the one I'm in but he asked us all to come if we could.

I actually don't even know what he's gonna talk about, but my teacher will be showing us vids of him playing with VR and GnR. Should be interesting!
Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    that is fucking awesome. he is the man. where do you go to school? UC-Irvine? that sure is a real treat.
  • I just go to a community college over here.

And Matt apparently went to high school in the area.

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • He was on GNR's behind the music he really fucked up his life with drugs. On that doc, he was just a mess the whole time.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    thats really cool tho. post what he talks about and stuff!
  • I don't think he's coming till late November (or whenever VR comes over here - I forgot the concert date), but I'll remember to post.

• holtzholtz Posts: 509
    He was on GNR's behind the music he really fucked up his life with drugs. On that doc, he was just a mess the whole time.

Thats not Matt but Steven Adler their first drummer.
  • whome13whome13 Posts: 72
    Yeah Adler was crazy. He did an interview a year or two ago where he talked about how he used to suck dick for drugs. He's still a mess.

Sorum is awesome though. I remember when Paris Hiltons phone got hacked a few years ago and all of her celebrity friends' numbers got leaked, he was on it.

Seems like a cool guy though.
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    Ask Matt what he thinks of Axl's new songs?
  • holtz wrote:
    Thats not Matt but Steven Adler their first drummer.

you're right, sorry. He is a fuckup.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    That is really cool. i'd be interested to know what he talks about.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    ask him if the drum solos were intended as piss breaks.

tell him aesthetically he killed GnR even before axl took to lycra.