wintersleep

soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
edited May 2007 in Other Music
i know ive heard mention of these guys around here before... i bought one of their cd's today... they're pretty damn good!

go canada!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Great band! Their latest self-titled album is hands down one of the best rock records I've heard in a while. Word is they have a new one coming out sometime this year.

Check out their performance of "Jaws of Life" from the East Coast Music Awards:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=WE8O_Zo0srY
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    they played a tiny club here last year.. i was blacked out for the entire show... my buddy says i had a good time though lol

i have their first album.. and yup its pretty good

they are from halifax and im pretty sure they opened for pearl jam when they rolled through there!
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    bharQ wrote:
    they are from halifax and im pretty sure they opened for pearl jam when they rolled through there!

Indeed they did! They also just spent a few weeks opening for the Hip in the southern U.S.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    direwolf74 wrote:
    Great band! Their latest self-titled album is hands down one of the best rock records I've heard in a while. Word is they have a new one coming out sometime this year.

Check out their performance of "Jaws of Life" from the East Coast Music Awards:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=WE8O_Zo0srY

which album is the first? having two untitled cd's is the only thing ive got against them so far ;)