good weekend/bad weekend

soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
edited September 2006 in Other Music
tonight im seeing built to spill, tomorrow ill be seeing snow patrol (assuming i can scalpe a ticket.

however, my morning jacket is touring this fall and since lolla and pj, ive been dying to see them where they can play a full set. of course, they come to chicago when i will be home at thanksgiving :(

also, death cab for cutie is touring with ok go as openers. 2 of my fav bands, and they arent coming to chicago at all :(

crap!

but at least this weekend will be good :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i saw the patrol earlier in the year, loved it then. can't stand them now though! they may have been around for years but they are getting the James Blunt treatment now, its ridiculous.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Have you seen BTS before?

They are sensational live!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Sawyer wrote:
    DCFC at the Rave in Milwaukee....see you there....you're welcome:)

dude, seriously, if you're going and can give me a ride i will go. how far is that? is it thanksgiving weekend?
    i saw the patrol earlier in the year, loved it then. can't stand them now though! they may have been around for years but they are getting the James Blunt treatment now, its ridiculous.

they have softened with the last album. im worried that they're going to go the way of travis and slip into easy listening crap. but final straw and when it's all over were fantastic. the new album is good, but makes me nervous?

what is the james blunt treatment? ive heard snow patrol is a great live act, so i look forward to tomorrow.

i saw part of built to spill's set at lolla and was disappointed, but i felt like that just wasnt really their scene. i think an intimate club show is going to be much much better.
  • that's an awesome concert weekend for you. don't you hate when bands you love never play anywhere near you? i know i sure do ;)

i got nervous when the new snow patrol song showed up on my roommate's myspace page?!? she doesn't exactly have the greatest taste in music....snow patrol is a great start. i just never thought that she'd be into them?!? maybe i just like for awesome bands to be my secret...hmmm.

side note - soooo stoked to see death cab on my b-day....at my school(ok...i'm alumni, but woo-hoo ucf)!!! it's a sign, they loved my dancing so much last year that they're back to see it again ;) oh yes...i danced like a mofo at death cab...and it was fun!!
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
    iamsampj wrote:
    that's an awesome concert weekend for you. don't you hate when bands you love never play anywhere near you? i know i sure do ;)

i got nervous when the new snow patrol song showed up on my roommate's myspace page?!? she doesn't exactly have the greatest taste in music....snow patrol is a great start. i just never thought that she'd be into them?!? maybe i just like for awesome bands to be my secret...hmmm.

side note - soooo stoked to see death cab on my b-day....at my school(ok...i'm alumni, but woo-hoo ucf)!!! it's a sign, they loved my dancing so much last year that they're back to see it again ;) oh yes...i danced like a mofo at death cab...and it was fun!!

death cab's set was one of the highlights of lollapalooza for me. they were incredible. id love to be able to catch them. and with ok go opening?!!? it doesnt get much better.

snow patrol is getting a bit more attention these days. this chicago show has been sold out for over a month. im going to hope i can scalp a ticket tomorrow night. built to spill still has tix available to buy tonight. they're kinda going the death cab route, getting a bit more of that mainstream exposure. the downside is they (death cab and cnow patrol) end up being lumped in with bands like coldplay as soft rock emo crap. the good side is they deserve the attention. as long as i can still go see them, im cool with anyone else wanting to.

besides, there will likely be more hot swooning girls at the show this way, rather than the meatmarket that is a pj show ;)
  • death cab's set was one of the highlights of lollapalooza for me. they were incredible. id love to be able to catch them. and with ok go opening?!!? it doesnt get much better.

snow patrol is getting a bit more attention these days. this chicago show has been sold out for over a month. im going to hope i can scalp a ticket tomorrow night. built to spill still has tix available to buy tonight. they're kinda going the death cab route, getting a bit more of that mainstream exposure. the downside is they (death cab and cnow patrol) end up being lumped in with bands like coldplay as soft rock emo crap. the good side is they deserve the attention. as long as i can still go see them, im cool with anyone else wanting to.

besides, there will likely be more hot swooning girls at the show this way, rather than the meatmarket that is a pj show ;)
    ahhh...but i love the meatmarket atmosphere ;) works for me...not so much for you i guess. there will be tons of ladies at death cab....careful that they're not 12 though :D
    i kid!!!

the new built to spill album is one of my favs to play at work!!! i'm jealous you're getting to see them...boo for florida.

happy concertgoing!!
    iamsampj wrote:
    ahhh...but i love the meatmarket atmosphere ;) works for me...not so much for you i guess. there will be tons of ladies at death cab....careful that they're not 12 though :D
    i kid!!!

the new built to spill album is one of my favs to play at work!!! i'm jealous you're getting to see them...boo for florida.

happy concertgoing!!

no, wouldnt work well for me ;) im hoping to see some ladies at snow patrol... preferably over the age of 12 of course, hehe.

built to spill was incredible last night. im off to try to scalp tickets to snow patrol tonight! if it doesnt work out, i might go back to the metro for night 2 of built to spill ;) wish me luck!
    holy shit that was a good show. i can decide which show was better. they were both excellent. snow patrol had the better vibe, the crowd was so into it and the singer was bouncing all over the place and encouraging the singalongs and everything. great voice too. built to spill was simply mind-blowing musically though.
  • glad you got tix to snow patrol....they played an in-store at park ave.cds here last year, which was pretty awesome! you may be able to find it at any independent record store.

hooray for an awesome concert weekend!! :D
  • do you happen to have the BTS setlist? I'm seeing them on the 29th. It seems as though they are mixing up the sets quite a bit on this tour.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
    StoneG82 wrote:
    do you happen to have the BTS setlist? I'm seeing them on the 29th. It seems as though they are mixing up the sets quite a bit on this tour.

i dont, but i think there is a place online to find them. i know someone recently was posting bts setlists. i can remember a few random highlights. only disappointment for me was not hearing carry the zero. but the version of conventional wisdom and broken chairs more than made up for that.
  • i dont, but i think there is a place online to find them. i know someone recently was posting bts setlists. i can remember a few random highlights. only disappointment for me was not hearing carry the zero. but the version of conventional wisdom and broken chairs more than made up for that.

looks like this was the setlist:

01 Traces
    02 Sidewalk
    03 Going Against Your Mind
    04 New Song
    05 ???
    06 The Plan
    07 Made Up Dreams
    08 Rearrange
    09 Bomb Shelter
    10 Distopian Dream
    11 Kicked It In The Sun
    12 Conventional Wisdom

13 Broken Chairs

not bad. I really hope they play randy descibes eternity and car when I see them though.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
    StoneG82 wrote:
    looks like this was the setlist:

01 Traces
    02 Sidewalk
    03 Going Against Your Mind
    04 New Song
    05 ???
    06 The Plan
    07 Made Up Dreams
    08 Rearrange
    09 Bomb Shelter
    10 Distopian Dream
    11 Kicked It In The Sun
    12 Conventional Wisdom

13 Broken Chairs

not bad. I really hope they play randy descibes eternity and car when I see them though.

yeah, i remember liking the new song and it was followed by another song id never heard of. what's the deal with rearrange and bomb shelter? id never heard of them either. one was this thing where they play this video with some guy talking about how conservatives are idiots for bothering to keep track of peaceful environmental groups with the band jamming in between. very wierd, but cool.

was this in a website? i kinda wanna know what they played the next night. that was my backup plan if snow patrol didnt work out.
  • yeah, i remember liking the new song and it was followed by another song id never heard of. what's the deal with rearrange and bomb shelter? id never heard of them either. one was this thing where they play this video with some guy talking about how conservatives are idiots for bothering to keep track of peaceful environmental groups with the band jamming in between. very wierd, but cool.

was this in a website? i kinda wanna know what they played the next night. that was my backup plan if snow patrol didnt work out.

Liar
    Traces
    Carry The Zero
    Will Work For Food ( The Halo Benders)
    Time Trap
    NEW SONG
    Conventional Wisdom
    Untrustable
    Bomb Shelter Part 2 ( Halo Benders)
    Randy Described Eternity
    Goin' Against Your Mind
    Happy Birthday
    Big Dipper
    Just A Habit

Broken Chairs

carry the zero and randy......big dipper too.....