blackalicious

soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
edited December 2007 in Other Music
i just bought blazing arrows... this shit is amazing. i've seen them twice live... once opening for ben harper, once in a hot, crowded club in dublin. they are a blast and this album is one of the best damn hip hop albums i've heard since i started listening to the genre!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Truly great album. If you dig Blazing Arrows, check out Nia.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Truly great album. If you dig Blazing Arrows, check out Nia.

i was going to get their new one and their ep next.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Check out Alphabet Aerobics........one of the first rap songs I have ever heard in which the tempo speeds up
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
    Check out Alphabet Aerobics........one of the first rap songs I have ever heard in which the tempo speeds up

i've seen them do it live twice. pretty impressive. it's on their ep.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    i was going to get their new one and their ep next.
    Nia is certainly their best after Blazing (some would say it's better) but it's obviously up to you :) The newer one is harder to get into. More abstract
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Nia is certainly their best after Blazing (some would say it's better) but it's obviously up to you :) The newer one is harder to get into. More abstract

im mainly leaning to the ep becos of the alphabet aerobics track... it's one of the only songs i knew of theirs going in :)
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    their dvd 4/20 seattle is wicked too. def my fav hip-hop act by a long shot, fuckin amazing, blazing arrow & nia are incredible. craft is really good too, just took me a little longer to get in to it. fav song would prob be release from blazing, EPIC!!
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    blackalicious vs nirvana all apologies
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIJ-aTeya5E
    :cool:
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • I also recommend the Gift of Gab solo album. 4th Dimensional Rocketships Going Up.

http://www.amazon.com/4th-Dimensional-Rocketships-Going-Up/dp/B000189X4A/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1198038234&sr=8-1
    NERDS!
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    hell yeah.. this album is great!

you want another amazing rap album that isn't "pop"?

Deltron 3030! a concept album about the future (kinda like NIN Year Zero but not so much on the disaster side i guess)