i thought Lollapalooza had a good lineup!

soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
edited August 2007 in Other Music
anyone ever heard of the download festival? neither had i, until a friend mentioned it to me. check out this lineup:

the shins
snoop dogg
brand new
band of horses
wolf parade

now im not a huge shins fan, but i'd not mind seeing them. brand new are one of my fav bands of the past 10 years and are incredible live. snoop dogg... it's fucking snoop! i've also heard a lot of great things about the last two on here. it's only $40. im in! who's coming?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• anyone ever heard of the download festival? neither had i, until a friend mentioned it to me. check out this lineup:

the shins
    snoop dogg
    brand new
    band of horses
    wolf parade

now im not a huge shins fan, but i'd not mind seeing them. brand new are one of my fav bands of the past 10 years and are incredible live. snoop dogg... it's fucking snoop! i've also heard a lot of great things about the last two on here. it's only $40. im in! who's coming?

oh wow someone else who likes Brand New! I thought I was the only one on here! Yeah I'm going to the download show at the gorge tomorrow...Modest Mouse, Incubus, Potusa
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    the shins and band of horses!?! i'm in...where do i need to book my flight to? kidding...i wish ;)

soulsinging...band of horses is amazing live! not sure how they'd be in a festival setting, but i saw them at a small club in orlando and they put on such a fantastic show. the crowd wouldn't even let them finish the first song, we were screaming so loud. i think the band was shocked. great show all around!! and they're pretty hilarious too :)
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • BremertonBremerton Posts: 279
    Minus the Bear are also worth checking out at that show.
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    what happened to bands that play rock?
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Bremerton wrote:
    Minus the Bear are also worth checking out at that show.

ive heard of them. didnt realize they were on the bill.

edit. i just checked... they're not listed for the chicago one? are they at one of the others? there must be multiples if someone else is going to one with incubus and modest mouse.
    pjfan020 wrote:
    what happened to bands that play rock?

brand new is the best rock band in i don't know how long. their new album is the best album i've heard since pearl jam released yield.
    oh wow someone else who likes Brand New! I thought I was the only one on here! Yeah I'm going to the download show at the gorge tomorrow...Modest Mouse, Incubus, Potusa

nope. saw them in columbus and they are so good it's disgusting.