Options

great sonic youth show in DC tonight

granparocksgranparocks Posts: 45
edited June 2006 in Other Music
sonic youth put on an awesome show at the 9:30 club in DC tonight.

they played just about the entire album (with the exception of sleeping around). they tossed in a couple of older tunes, including drunk butterfly, and they absolutely rocked.

if they're coming to your neck of the woods and you're a fan, i recommend catching the show.

you can listen to the show at npr.org. i'm sure the link will be up within a few days.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    sonic youth put on an awesome show at the 9:30 club in DC tonight.

they played just about the entire album (with the exception of sleeping around). they tossed in a couple of older tunes, including drunk butterfly, and they absolutely rocked.

if they're coming to your neck of the woods and you're a fan, i recommend catching the show.

you can listen to the show at npr.org. i'm sure the link will be up within a few days.
    Just curious but do they still play the songs, bull in the heather, Sunday, and the diamond sea? I really like all 3 of those songs and am just wondering how far back they go?
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    red mos wrote:
    Just curious but do they still play the songs, bull in the heather, Sunday, and the diamond sea? I really like all 3 of those songs and am just wondering how far back they go?

they didn't play any of those three. they only played a handful of older songs. they did play 2 off of Dirty - drunk butterfly and 100%. the latter was particularly awesome.

i haven't seen them enough to fully answer your question tho.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    ahh the diamond sea what a great song.

This bar i go to has a internet juke box i wonder if they have the washing machine album on it. I'd love to rock out a 16 minute song and piss everyone else off tongiht :D

I'm seeing them on Monday and i'm excited :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    10,20,30,40, its a shame Ed doesn't tag it during "Daughter" anymore.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • Options
    hailhail82hailhail82 Posts: 330
    red mos wrote:

When I saw them last year they did Bull in the Heather.
    As far as how far back they go, I know they have played stuff off of Confusion is Sex as recently as the last couple years.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • Options
    basqobasqo Posts: 25
    do they play teenage riot at their shows? Its my fav of theirs.
    Here's to hoping the next album is along the lines of No Code
  • Options
    they rocked Letterman tonight.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303

yeah!!!
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options
    UNDONE*21UNDONE*21 Posts: 207
    Theyre skipping my town yet again on their brief australian tour. which really sucks becuase i like them lots. drunk butterfly would have been great!!
    Like a cloud dropping rain, I'm discarding allllll thought.
  • Options

yeah, incinerate was amazing. my favorite off rather ripped.