Options

thoughts on wolfmother?

granparocksgranparocks Posts: 45
edited May 2006 in Other Music
i'd like you guys' opinion on this album. i have heard great things about it, but i've spent so much on new stuff - pj, neil, strokes, etc.

any opinions? i like heavy stuff ala sonic youth, late 80s neil, etc. i like any genre, as long as the music is quality.

what do yall have to say?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    the song I heard was a flatliner, but if you dig bluesy rock you should be good with them
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    rcsrcs Posts: 711
    I'm really diggin' these guys. They definitely wear their influences on their sleeve but damn they sound good.
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • Options
    faithful227faithful227 Posts: 352
    definitely think this purchase was worth the $$. i've been listening to it alot more than i thought i would with all the new music out. wolfmother rocks...
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• Options
    wolfmother = amazing

led zeppelin, white stripes, bluesy mix
    Wave came crashing...
  • Options
    dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    So does anyone else hear a bit of Run Like Hell in the song White Unicorn?
  • Options
    CaptainSpaz91CaptainSpaz91 Posts: 266
    Love them, I bought the album off of iTunes after I saw them rockin "Woman" on Conan.
    "i wanna rock and roll **all night**, and part of everyday"
  • Options
    mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    they're great such cool sound and everything...if you have never heard of led zeppelin, look influence is one thing but if I wanted bands passing themselves off as something older I would buy the new peppers album, at least they're doing to themselves. don;t waste your time and buy physical graffiti instead
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • Options
    chrisopaloozachrisopalooza Posts: 347
    not sold on them quite yet...i kinda think they are to sabbath as kings of leon is to the almond brothers -- great musicians who are in it for the image.
  • Options
    keyser_sozekeyser_soze London, England Posts: 205
    witchcraft are a similar type of band but way better....

check them both out.....
    www.facebook.com/PandoraApparel
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,158
    Great band...really liking the album. Favorite songs as of now...

White Unicorn
    Mind's Eye
    Love Train
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    not sold on them quite yet...i kinda think they are to sabbath as kings of leon is to the almond brothers -- great musicians who are in it for the image.

almond brothers? are they a nuttier version of the allman brothers?
  • Options
    RiffJamRiffJam Posts: 143
    Great band. seeing them at the Astoria on July 7!
    London 28-10-96, London 29-10-96, London 20-04-06, Dublin 23-08-06, Reading 27-08-06, Marseille 09-09-06, Berlin 23-09-06, Athens 30-09-06, Madrid 09-06-07, London18-06-07, Copenhagen 26-06-07, Boston 28-06-08, London 11-08-09, Rotterdam 13-08-09, Manchester 17-08-09, London 18-08-09, Toronto 21-08-09, Philadelphia 30-10-09, Philadelphia 31-10-09, Manchester 20-06-12, Manchester 21-06-12, Stockholm 07-07-12, Leeds 08-07-14, Milton Keynes 11-07-14, Boston 05-08-16, Amsterdam 12-06-18, London 18-06-18, Krakow 03-07-18, London 18-07-18, Copenhagen 05-07-22, London 08-07-22, Seattle 28-05-24, Seattle 30-05-24
  • Options
    iluvslashiluvslash Posts: 121
    the lead singers voice is to whiney for me to even think about liking them, although they are pretty good Musicians.
    With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothing done!
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    And they are supporting PJ for some of the European shows.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483

LOL!...i noticed that mistake too..I couldn't help but just start laughing in the office
  • Options
    allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    I bought the CD the same day as PJ at Circuit City for $6. Like what I heard, but I haven't listened to it much since I've mostly been listening to the new PJ and RHCP. Mind's Eye and Dimension are both great songs.
  • Options
    So does anyone else hear a bit of Run Like Hell in the song White Unicorn?

there are alot of bits in their songs that seem to borrow from classics...

however they are a great band, saw them live at the big day out this year, they put on a good live show.

its good to see some bands still rockin the way they were meant to!
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • Options
    chrisopaloozachrisopalooza Posts: 347

stink 182, the white strokes, puddle of shit

you can guess all these bands' real names, right?