Wolfmother - HOB Orlando 9-15-06

3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
edited September 2006 in Other Music
caught these guys last night. do not miss them if they are coming thru your neck of the woods. they are gonna be around for awhile. great energy, great sound last night in a venue that is hit or miss w/ the sound system. the crowd was really receptive. even one of the security guards up front was rocking out all night while doing his job. i think they played every song from their album. they closed with Joker and the Thief and it was sick. good closer for them. well anyways, if you've seen 'em live, let me know what you thought of them.
Live Free or Die!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Saw them last weekend opening for Govt Mule at McCarren pool, an outdoor venue in Brooklyn. They put on a hell of a show - great energy and the songs sound great. They closed with Joker then as well. The bass/keyboard player is a madman :D
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • The Glasgow show has sold out. But I am definetely going to try and get my hands on some tickets to it anyway.
  • I could have had tickets to see them back in May or June with some friends on a Sunday night but I had to work the nexxt morning at 7am and just started the job and couldn't really call in sick yet or book off..Anyways..I totally regret it now as my friends told it was one hell of a show in a small venue and kicked ass..Man I do stupid things..lol...Like back in 1992 I bailed on some tickets for a Alice in Chains and Soundgarden show because of work or something stupid like that and totally regret it , especially missing Alice in Chains...Honestly one of my fav bands of all time
    Master of Zen
  • I'm going to see them on Nov. 26th and can't wait. Did they play that one song with the flute (sorry I forgot the name)??
  • allornone wrote:
    I'm going to see them on Nov. 26th and can't wait. Did they play that one song with the flute (sorry I forgot the name)??

I think you may be thinking of the song Witchcraft....totally reminds me of some classic Jethro Tull
    Master of Zen
  • 3sheets wrote:
    caught these guys last night. do not miss them if they are coming thru your neck of the woods. they are gonna be around for awhile. great energy, great sound last night in a venue that is hit or miss w/ the sound system. the crowd was really receptive. even one of the security guards up front was rocking out all night while doing his job. i think they played every song from their album. they closed with Joker and the Thief and it was sick. good closer for them. well anyways, if you've seen 'em live, let me know what you thought of them.

i'm soooo bummed that i missed them last night. i totally forgot that they were playing until a co-worker was talking about the show. so we just listened to wolfmother all day at work :)
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    i just got ahold of there album yesterday and have not stopped listening to them. this music is exactly what i have been craving

If you like led zeppelin, white stripes, kyuss, black sabbath and rage against the machine - you will love this band.. i am definitely gonna keep track of these guys and hopefully see them at a small venue before the explode like i assume they hopefully will.
  • 3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    yeah, they played witchcraft but no flute. i think they used the keyboard for that part or just left it out. can't fully recall. sorry.

but i have to say they wear their influences on their sleeves. their sound is like a mashup of zep, sabbath, and the white stripes. this all equals a great sound. they're not breaking any new ground, but they go balls out doing what they do. and they do it well.
    Live Free or Die!
  • Going to see them on Fri nite...very small venue. Should be awesome. Show is sold out too.
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06