Paul Westerberg ~ Open Season Soundtrack

dont_go_on_medont_go_on_me Posts: 877
edited September 2006 in Other Music
Buy this, it's fantastic.

Paul and Tommy are performing a couple songs this evening out in LA at the premiere of the movie...interesting Mats news in the future perhaps?!

Anyways, 8 Westerberg performances as well as a Westerberg orignal "Wild As I Wanna Be" performed by Deathray (the studio said Paul sounded "sick" on his version...turns out he had a lung infection while recording it).

Tracklist:
1. (new PW song) "Meet Me in the Meadow" - Paul Westerberg
2. (new PW song) "Love You in the Fall" - Paul Westerberg
3. (new PW song) "I Belong" - Paul Westerberg
4. "I Wanna Lose Control (Uh Oh)" - Deathray
5. (new PW song) "Better Than This" - Paul Westerberg
6. "Wild Wild Life" - Talking Heads
7. (new PW song) "Right To Arm Bears" - Paul Westerberg
8. (from Eventually) "Good Day" - Paul Westerberg
9. (new PW song) "All About Me," Paul Westerberg
10. "Wild As I Wanna Be," Deathray
11. (new PW song) "Whisper Me Luck," Paul Westerberg
12. "I Belong (Reprise)," Pete Yorn
(version 2 of new PW song)

Here's the first single, "Love You in the Fall". Be warned, it's ridiculous how infectious this tune is!
http://us.video.aol.com/audio.full.adp?pmmsid=1704881

It's a great soundtrack so go ahead, support Paul :)
"I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    ha ha support paul. thats what i have been doing. sounds like a good buy!
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Im sorry but paul westerberg writes the catchiest fucking music its insane. This is a great record.

Right to arm bears is great
    "hail to the chief with a shotgun in his teeth"

its obvious these are playful songs, but i think they can be separated from the movie. All very good. I belong is beautiful and whisper me luck is one of westerbergs most beautiful songs, right up there with lush and green
  • Not normally something i'd listen to but came across this album thanks to a friend ;) And on 1st listen i like it alot
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    oh kickass. finally, more awesome songs but decently recorded. i hate the throw away nature of his last few works.
  • exhausted wrote:
    oh kickass. finally, more awesome songs but decently recorded. i hate the throw away nature of his last few works.
    I agreee to an extent... Folker could have been a MUCH better album had he cleaned up his vocals. I understand the garage-rock feel of his basement recordings and I really like that concept, but he did a far better job with executing that in a quality way on Mono, and even Come Feel Me Tremble.

It's definitely refreshing to hear some polished PW tracks, and these are absolute gold.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    bought it today. like it so far but i'm not very far in.