The Stooges and Madonna

dont_go_on_medont_go_on_me Posts: 877
edited March 2008 in Other Music
disturbing and awkward, discuss...
"I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    i'm not a big iggy pop/stooges fan but i give respect. how is it that they aren't in the HOF and have been around for what seems like forever, but madonna is?

not a huge madonna fan, like a few of her songs, but i give her props for lasting this long. but iggy deserved to be inducted WAY before her.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    i've got the stooges debut album (self titled)
    i love it.

as for Madonna, guess she's earned her place in pop culture
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Correctly said: Madonna has earned her place in the history of music. Perhaps this was Madonna reminding the dolts that Iggy and crew are overdue.

As for Iggy, I've always found him disturbing but in that menacing, edgy and positive way.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    what did I miss?

In any case, love the stooges.
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Buru wrote:
    what did I miss?

In any case, love the stooges.
    Rock and Roll HOF last night. Madonna was inducted as and, per her request, Iggy performed 2 of her songs.

The combination of Madonna and fellow Detroiter Iggy Pop seems to blow some minds. It's understandable.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I heard a replay of the IP and TS performances on Howard Stern this morning. Placed back to back with clips of what sounded like a speech fit for an ice pick thru the temple , by Madonna, it was about 7-8 minutes of pure hell. " To paraphrase Madonna , " and suddenly..." . And suddenly, I was on the verge of spewing my breakfast. I love when bands take a chance by playing covers, but P-U !
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    by the look on her face, you could tell she wasn't pleased.
    justin did her well thou. :)
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• by the look on her face, she wasn't pleased.

that's what punk rock is all about.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • mark armmark arm Posts: 962
    that was great. Always a pleasure to see and hear Ron Asheton.
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/28/05 - Porto Alegre, BR
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires