05-06 Birmingham, AL - BJCC Arena Concert Hall
05-08 New Orleans, LA - House of Blues
05-09 Austin, TX - The Backyard
05-10 Grand Prairie, TX - Nokia Live
05-12 Mesa, AZ - Mesa Amphitheater
05-13 Los Angeles, CA - greek Theatre
05-14 San Diego, CA - Cox Arena at San Diego State University
05-16 San Jose, CA - San Jose State University
05-20 Somerset, England - Butlins Minehead (ATP vs. the Fans)
05-23 London, England - Royal Albert Hall
06-01 Barcelona, Spain - Primavera Sound

* with Love as Laughter

I saw the Sioux Falls show last weekend and it was insane...I got fanclub tickets to the 2nd Minneapolis show, good times!
"I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    out of town the weekend they are in atlanta :(
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • AvocadoLadyAvocadoLady Posts: 680
    Boo, I don't like shows at the Auditorium.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • got tix for toronto!
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Boo, I don't like shows at the Auditorium.

where is it? i think im gonna fly my gf into town for that weekend and we'll cap it with some modest mouse :)
    It's at Roosevelt University. It's seated, I just think Modest Mouse would be a weird seated show.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    It's at Roosevelt University. It's seated, I just think Modest Mouse would be a weird seated show.
    I saw the at the Fox Theatre in atlanta last year. It was seated and i know what you are saying to me MM will always be a better club band (what band isnt' though), but i would nto let it stop you from going.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    I saw the at the Fox Theatre in atlanta last year. It was seated and i know what you are saying to me MM will always be a better club band (what band isnt' though), but i would nto let it stop you from going.
    Thanks intodeep. It probably won't stop me from going ;) It's just such a weird choice of venue.
  • got tix today as well for toronto, orch 8 row d, is that 14 rows back? anyone know the hummingbird well

-also got 2 coming from the modest mouse fanclub not sure if those will be better or not as they don't tell you what seats you buy they just ship the tix...anyone got tix through the fanclub?
  • anyone got tix through the fanclub?
    I got tickets through the club and at first was a little apprehensive since they don't give seat locations. I shot them an email and here's the response I got:

"I can't give you exact seat locations just yet as the presale isn't over and the seats are assigned by date order and time of when they are ordered. But I can tell you that they are amongst the best seats in the house as that is what we require be held for the fan club."

Makes me feel much better, although the theatre they're playing here in mpls doesn't have a bad seat in the house. That being said, last tour I got 2nd row tickets for both nights, so in the past they truthfully do have "the best seats in the house"

As to those concerned about them playing seated theatres...don't worry about it. I've seen them 3 times in a club-type setting and twice in a theatre type setting and it didn't make a bit of difference to me...actually they sounded better in the theatre. just my .02
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    i remember being able to go to the showbox and buying tickets the day of show for these guys.

Now I can't even get good seats through the fanclub presale at the paramount in the balcony
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • i remember being able to go to the showbox and buying tickets the day of show for these guys.

Now I can't even get good seats through the fanclub presale at the paramount in the balcony

I hear ya. I think the first time I saw em was in 1996 or 1997.

It went something like this:

1. Walk in the door
    2. Order a beer
    3. Walk to the front of the stage
    4. Listen to these teenagers play great indie rock.

Now they announce the show & before I can even get to the ticketmaster site the show is sold out for 2-5 nights :(
    NERDS!
    As to those concerned about them playing seated theatres...don't worry about it. I've seen them 3 times in a club-type setting and twice in a theatre type setting and it didn't make a bit of difference to me...actually they sounded better in the theatre. just my .02
    Hey don't go...can you tell me if people actually sat through the set? That's the part that seems strange to me, I guess.
  • Hey don't go...can you tell me if people actually sat through the set? That's the part that seems strange to me, I guess.
    On the main floor no one sat...everyone stood and looked like they were having a good time. I'm not sure about up in the balcony though.

I was in the "pit" section which is basically just 3 rows right in front of the stage in it's separate area. As soon as they took the stage and hit the first notes of Dramamine, all of us ditched our chairs and stacked them up on the side, and went on to enjoy the show as though it was a club show :)

honestly though, the seats aren't that restrictive. Just do your best to get on the main floor as people up in the balcony may not want to stand.

It's definitely worth going though...Spitting Venom will rock your ass off :)

• BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    where is it? i think im gonna fly my gf into town for that weekend and we'll cap it with some modest mouse :)

How much is a round-trip ticket from Thailand these days?
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
    On the main floor no one sat...everyone stood and looked like they were having a good time. I'm not sure about up in the balcony though.

I was in the "pit" section which is basically just 3 rows right in front of the stage in it's separate area. As soon as they took the stage and hit the first notes of Dramamine, all of us ditched our chairs and stacked them up on the side, and went on to enjoy the show as though it was a club show :)

honestly though, the seats aren't that restrictive. Just do your best to get on the main floor as people up in the balcony may not want to stand.

It's definitely worth going though...Spitting Venom will rock your ass off :)

oops, i forgot they went onsale today... thought it was tomorrow. im in the balcony. hopefully people wont be sitting, that'd be really annoying. but that wasnt the case at oasis so ill keep my fingers crossed!
    Sawyer wrote:
    hmmmm.....gonna have to make a choice between this show and kings of leon.....thinking about the kings and its cheaper.

kings of leon, sloan, and the arcade fire are all on the same day in chicago. that's nuts. if my buddy doesn't end up with a spare arcade fire ticket, im gonna have to go catch sloan at the metro!
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    are they gonna add more dates? there's not a whole lot in actuality.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
    Sawyer wrote:
    i have arcade tix for friday and sunday which leaves the saturday kings show open for me.....sweet.

damn... i have a potential one ticket for arcade fire. if it doesnt pan out, ill have a dilemma between kings of leon and sloan. id love to see sloan again, but ive never seen kings of leon...
  • alobaralobar Posts: 310
    I hear ya. I think the first time I saw em was in 1996 or 1997.

It went something like this:

1. Walk in the door
    2. Order a beer
    3. Walk to the front of the stage
    4. Listen to these teenagers play great indie rock.

Now they announce the show & before I can even get to the ticketmaster site the show is sold out for 2-5 nights :(

it went a little something like that for me too, minus the beer, since I was 16yrs old and at the all-ages veune, the Old Redmond Firehouse.

I too wasn't on top of tickets, but I'll probably get around to seeing them at Primavera Sound in Barcelona, which btw, I have tickets to for all 3 days. :)
    "I wanna believe in the mercy of the world again."

WAR + MAGIC BEANS = PEACE
    has anyone seen these guys recently? im wondering if they still play any of their old material... like pre-moon and antratica.
  • has anyone seen these guys recently? im wondering if they still play any of their old material... like pre-moon and antratica.
    I saw them on the 18th. Trailer Trash and Doin' The Cockroach were the only pre-M&A songs. Although they have been been playing Cowboy Dan, Dramamine, and Breakthrough recently. You've gotta think that they'll also bound to break out Interstate 8 and Never-Ending Math Equation eventaully.

go to http://www.interstate-8.com for setlists

I saw them on the 18th. Trailer Trash and Doin' The Cockroach were the only pre-M&A songs. Although they have been been playing Cowboy Dan, Dramamine, and Breakthrough recently. You've gotta think that they'll also bound to break out Interstate 8 and Never-Ending Math Equation eventaully.

go to http://www.interstate-8.com for setlists

so my odds of seeing trucker's atlas are slim? ah well. doin the cockroach is actually one of my least fav songs from that album. dramamine is a sweet song though... that'd make my gf pretty happy.
  • JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,077
    i don't know how i managed tickets, but got a pair and i'm damn psyched.

hopefully that flaming lips, modest mouse, shins tour come true...that would be awesome.
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    JSBE wrote:
    hopefully that flaming lips, modest mouse, shins tour come true...that would be awesome.

Just read about that over on the Lips board. That would be a hell of a tour.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
    merkinball wrote:
    Just read about that over on the Lips board. That would be a hell of a tour.

damn, if that happens im gonna be upset about splurging on these tickets...
  • so my odds of seeing trucker's atlas are slim? ah well. doin the cockroach is actually one of my least fav songs from that album. dramamine is a sweet song though... that'd make my gf pretty happy.
    You have a better chance of Isaac pulling down his pants than them playing Trucker's Atlas :) That hasn't been played in years.

The Lips, MM, Shins tour will be fucking sweet. 3 of my favorite bands together, not to mention Mercer will probably join MM for the couple songs he contributes to on the album. It will be awesome! I have a feeling all 3 will be at Lolla too.

JSBE wrote:
    i don't know how i managed tickets, but got a pair and i'm damn psyched.

Can you post a link to the source? That would be an awesome tour!
    You have a better chance of Isaac pulling down his pants than them playing Trucker's Atlas :) That hasn't been played in years.

The Lips, MM, Shins tour will be fucking sweet. 3 of my favorite bands together, not to mention Mercer will probably join MM for the couple songs he contributes to on the album. It will be awesome! I have a feeling all 3 will be at Lolla too.

i hope so... the lips were the highlight of lolla for me last year. though again, id feel bummed that i dropped $45 a ticket for modest mouse if i end up seeing them again at lolla ;)
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Can you post a link to the source? That would be an awesome tour!

If you look at this thread on the Lips bored:

http://flaminglips.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/267609717/m/8741061803

There is another link to a video interview with Wayne Coyne who mentions the tour.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
    merkinball wrote:
    If you look at this thread on the Lips bored:

http://flaminglips.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/267609717/m/8741061803

There is another link to a video interview with Wayne Coyne who mentions the tour.
    Sweet...straight from the horse's mouth. Thanks man!