Why the F*** does Bon Jovi get so much $Press?

PearlStripesPearlStripes Posts: 267
edited July 2007 in Other Music
Unbelievable...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    cause he kisses so much fucking A$$
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• They don't get as much press as Pete Doherty.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    watched a little of the from live earth.......i forgot how much they suck...:p:D
  • cutback wrote:
    watched a little of the from live earth.......i forgot how much they suck...:p:D

All that fucking hairspray and animal spunk polyfilla face foundation, and they had the nerve to lecture about saving the planet...

Not that I saw it.
  • binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    Saw Jovi with my son last year and yah, that kick ass live
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    He played Summerfest the other nite and I heard it was a great great show. He puts on a good show it seems.
  • seeing rich sambora at live earth makes me nauseus
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    "who says you can't go home" = "Cupid, lay down your bow"
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    cause he kisses so much fucking A$$

that about sums it up right there
  • JamnJodiJamnJodi Posts: 16
    They get so much press because they promote the crap out of themselves. He was on Ellen (The Ellen Degeneres show) TWICE in one week!? I guess at this point they've really learned how to tap into their "middle age women who have no taste in music" target audience More power to em, their making lots of money doing what is their passion. Wish we could all be so lucky.. Not my kinda music (booooring) but it looks like they're still having fun while making people with mediocre music taste happy!
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    Easy answer, women want to have sex with jon bon jovi.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
    JamnJodi wrote:
    They get so much press because they promote the crap out of themselves. !
    kinda sounds like another band or 2, no wait it does sound like another band or 2, i think there called U2 and green day

• jsasojsaso Posts: 179
    He Was On Ally Mcbeal!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    Damn you Bon Jovi! You made it to #1, somehow beating the White Stripes! How?!? If only you never existed, my beloved stripes would be #1! Damn you to hell, you gorgeous evil man!
  • Because they are this thing: a good band.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    I was fine with their Live Earth performance for one reason, and one reason only---they didn't play that God awful "Have A Nice Day" or "Wanna Make a Memory" song.

I die a little everytime I hear that new single.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    seeing rich sambora at live earth makes me nauseus
    So, he's already out of re-hab????
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    Because they are this thing: a good band.

What is this comment in response to? I can't figure it out for the life of me.
  • Alex_Coe wrote:
    What is this comment in response to? I can't figure it out for the life of me.

The thread title, perhaps?
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    The thread title, perhaps?

Oh. I would have expected something more like "He is a good singer". Doesn't the name "Bon Jovi" refer to one person?
  • Alex_Coe wrote:
    Oh. I would have expected something more like "He is a good singer". Doesn't the name "Bon Jovi" refer to one person?

Nay. Jon Bon Jovi is the singer. "Bon Jovi" is Jon, Richie Sambora, David Bryan and Tico Torres.
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    don't be jealous just because they have more of a following than pearl jam. 20+ years and they can still sell platinum albums and pack venues around the world. get used to it, they aren't going away.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    The guy knows how to make hit records. Slippery When Wet was damn near as big as Thriller. It's like an earlier poster said, he knows who his core audience is and how to continue to make music they enjoy. Just like some of those ridiculous country acts.
  • Okay,
    don't shoot me,
    but i was rocking out some
    BAD MEDICINE
    and
    LAY YOUR HANDS ON ME

on guitar today.

What?

WHAT?

Its fucking fun to play a long to ...

Bad Medicine = Duh Nuh Nuh! CHANG ... Bad Medicine! DUh Nuh NUH... CLANG ... Your not the doctor who can cure my disease ... wah wah oh wah ah ... du wah du dah do dah dah ... Bad Medicine Ahh!

:)
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Why the F*** does Bon Jovi get so much $Press?

Because some of the people who listened to him when he was huge (about 20 years ago) were in their teens then, and now in their 30's to 40's, and are in the workforce and have some control over who and what gets press I guess. Plus a lot of people think he's pretty (not really my taste).
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I didn't see them play on the show yesterday but someone interviewed them and I noticed he's had a lot of plastic surgery...
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Because they are this thing: a good band.

Excuse me, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little...
  • JWBusher wrote:
    Excuse me, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little...

Won't that make it a little harder to sing along to Livin' On A Prayer? Cos no one can resist...:D
    Won't that make it a little harder to sing along to Livin' On A Prayer? Cos no one can resist...:D
    take my hand and we'll make it i swear, woahooooo, were living on a payer

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I have to admit it... They write some damn good pop tunes.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V