Recomend some more Ted Leo music I should listen to

indifferentmanindifferentman Posts: 731
edited June 2008 in Other Music
Hey everyone,

In anticipation of seeing Ted Leo open for PJ in DC and MSG, I've been trying to get familiar with them. I have Hearts of Oak and Tyranny of Distance, and I LOVE both. Very good albums. Anything else the Ted Leo fans would recomend?
I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    here

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=277887

having trouble getting into them, the songs i like i really like, but the ones i hate i really hate.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    My ranking of his albums:

1) Shake the Sheets
    2) Tyranny of Distance
    3a) Hearts of Oak
    3b) Living With The Living

12) Self-titled(full of experiments and the best parts are fragments of songs that would show up on Tyranny)

I'd obviously recommend hearing Shake the Sheets, it's his most consistent work, straight up old school, Clash-style political punk from start to finish. Living With the Living took me a while to get into, but I've come to enjoy it quite a bit, even though it is pretty inconsistent.

If you still want more after that look for stuff he did in a band called Chisel, I don't think it's as good as the Pharmacist stuff he's done, but they have two enjoyable albums.