October 9th, 2007 - One of the shittiest new release dates in recent memory...

aspoonfulweighsatonaspoonfulweighsaton Posts: 2,026
edited October 2007 in Other Music
While looking through the new Best Buy ad for the week, I noticed what new releases music fans have to look forward to this week:

Kid Rock
Alter Bridge
Puddle of Mudd
Van Zant (Skynyrd rejects)
Jennifer Lopez

At least the new Band of Horses is going to be on sale for $7.99, but other than that there appears to be no reason whatsoever to step foot into a music store this week... lol
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Yikes. Yet another sign of the coming apocalypse.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • No worse than having Kanye West and 50 Cent release on the same day IMO.
  • New Alter Bridge album is great. The rest is shitbags though.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Feels like 1999........all over again. :(
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • I heard a commercial on the radio today for the new Kid Rock album, I got a good chuckle out of it.
    4/23/03 - Champaign, IL
    5/16/06 - Chicago, IL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    5/4/10 - St Louis, MO

...tickle my nausea...
  • Can these bands really compete in the market today? I mean Kid Rock? What the hell? Who listens to Kid Rock anymore? And Alter Bridge blow. Remember the band Creed? Yeah, neither do I.

The real story is the possible album of the year candidate, IN RAINBOWS, being released on Wednesday.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    It really is the worst release date I remember in quite awhile, everything you just named is fucking garbage in my opinion.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I just did a search to find *anything* worth listening to that comes out tomorrow ... I found one ... Sunset Rubdown.

Collaboration of guys from Wolf Parade and Frog Eyes ... last album was pretty decent.

but ... yeah ... pretty crappy releases mentioned above.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez