Staind's "The Singles Collection"

aspoonfulweighsatonaspoonfulweighsaton Posts: 2,026
edited November 2006 in Other Music
Ok, first off let me state that I did not purchase this. I know that the consensus on this band is that they suck because of Aaron's version of "Black", and I personally don't really care for their style of music.

That being said, the last few tracks of this compilation are some other covers taken from an "unplugged" show. Now the Pink Floyd (Comfortably Numb) one isn't that great, but I'm going to have to give them props on the Alice in Chains (Nutshell) and Tool (Sober) songs.

I'm sure I'll be persecuted for saying that, but keep in mind that I don't really like them I'm just saying that these two covers are done REALLY well in my opinion.

Anyone else hear these yet?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i hated them long before their cover of black.
    i gather speed...from u fucking with me

"i am the first man to shit my pants ya whew!"

its no crime to escape..theres still time to escape...theres still time so escape...

"yellow ledbetter is like the smoke after a 3 hour fuckfest" - 62strat

st.louis 04, chicago 06, and counting...
  • i like staind alot, yes, alot i dont care what you people say....that being said i do not really care for their covers of songs although i will agree that nutshell is pretty good........i know im probably the only one on the board who like staind but thats cool with me.........to each his own
  • i like staind alot, yes, alot i dont care what you people say....that being said i do not really care for their covers of songs although i will agree that nutshell is pretty good........i know im probably the only one on the board who like staind but thats cool with me.........to each his own
    Respect...but I don't like them, saw them live and it was shit even Limp bizkit were better :(
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    'It's been a while' since i have heard anything about them...

And they have enough material to release a 'singles collection'?

By the way, i don't care about them.
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Why is the first post so defensive? Who gives a stuff if the majority on this board are not a fan? The cover of Black is awesome in my view, I fail to see how anyone could not like it. I can only listen to so much Staind (gets a bit depressing after a while) but they are quite a good band in my view. I'm not sure I would buy this greatest hits package because I already have 3 of their albums with no new songs here besides these covers.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • I've always thought of them as whiny bitch music for crackheads. But hey, to each his own I suppose....I would certainly never buy a cd of their's.

http://www.myspace.com/ramon1972
  • A lot of people bitch that they covered Black but I was thinking about this. They obviously admire the band so they covered the song. If I ever get into a band, I'm def going to cover some PJ, as well as other bands and it would hurt me if someone called me a rip off artist. The only thing that upset me about the black cover was that he said

"Her legs spread out before me"...

come on man...
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    i liked a few songs off the first album.. hated everything else

i dont think they do justice to any of the songs they cover.. Nutshell is better than that other shitty band Adema that covered it.. but that isn't saying much.. Aaron fucks up the lyrics and the guitar isn't right
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • bharQ wrote:
    i liked a few songs off the first album.. hated everything else

i dont think they do justice to any of the songs they cover.. Nutshell is better than that other shitty band Adema that covered it.. but that isn't saying much.. Aaron fucks up the lyrics and the guitar isn't right

Damn. Does he fuck up the lyrics to every song he covers?
  • they suck. aaron lewis is a tool. and, anybody that doesn't have a nasty drug addiction/chronic depression like jerry or layne is a complete douche for covering such an emotional, heartbreaking song.
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    Damn. Does he fuck up the lyrics to every song he covers?

yup.. Sober was painful to listen to "jesus was a whistler?" wtf?

i didn't make it to the pink floyd one yet..
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • bharQ wrote:
    yup.. Sober was painful to listen to "jesus was a whistler?" wtf?

i didn't make it to the pink floyd one yet..

No way! he said jesus was a whistler?! IF that wasn't a fucking joke, this guy is unbelievable.
  • The only thing that upset me about the black cover was that he said

"Her legs spread out before me"...

come on man...

But it means that he understood the song :)
    Black is song about a broken up relationship in despite what is say.
    In vienna after the traditional do-do's Ed sung " ...where ever you are tonight, I'm having a better time than you are tonight, where ever you are, fucked up when you left me, fucked up when you left me, couldn't be you, couldn't be you"
  • luxpjamer wrote:
    But it means that he understood the song :)
    Black is song about a broken up relationship in despite what is say.
    In vienna after the traditional do-do's Ed sung " ...where ever you are tonight, I'm having a better time than you are tonight, where ever you are, fucked up when you left me, fucked up when you left me, couldn't be you, couldn't be you"

When he says "Legs spread out before me...as her body once did"

It sound like he chopped her up.
  • When he says "Legs spread out before me...as her body once did"

It sound like he chopped her up.

Maybe he's a butcher :)
  • ahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

fuck staind.

i can't believe i paid money for 2 of their albums. thank god that phase only lasted about 6 months in senior year of high school when i too was a cringed over depressed bastard.

i already think he's a douchebag for covering Sober...but I have yet to listen to Nutshell or Black...I don't know if I should...
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
    ***melbourne.19.2.2003|berlin.23.9.2006|berlin.15.08.2009|berlin.04.07.2012|berlin.05.07.2012|amsterdam 16.06.2014|berlin 26.06.2014
  • i like staind i dont care
  • They have some good songs, but they're not my fav. I will admit, the song "Layne" off of 14 Shades of Grey rocked!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee