So Ryan Adams is covering "Down in a Hole"...

aspoonfulweighsatonaspoonfulweighsaton Posts: 2,026
edited May 2007 in Other Music
in concert and it's fucking amazing. My favorite AIC song done by one of my favorite artists. The arrangement is awesome and while I wouldn't have initially pictured Ryan doing this song (especially after the horrible version of Wonderwall he did), now that I've heard it I think he was meant to sing it, sorta like Johnny Cash doing Hurt (but not nearly as intense). Now if he'll only do a studio version.

Here's a link to the show. I'll try to work on an mp3 sample but if you're familiar with bittorrent you should do yourself a favor and check this out as it's on par with a professional recording.

http://www.ryanadamsarchive.com/showthread.php?t=3266
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    in concert and it's fucking amazing. My favorite AIC song done by one of my favorite artists. The arrangement is awesome and while I wouldn't have initially pictured Ryan doing this song (especially after the horrible version of Wonderwall he did), now that I've heard it I think he was meant to sing it, sorta like Johnny Cash doing Hurt (but not nearly as intense). Now if he'll only do a studio version.

Here's a link to the show. I'll try to work on an mp3 sample but if you're familiar with bittorrent you should do yourself a favor and check this out as it's on par with a professional recording.

http://www.ryanadamsarchive.com/showthread.php?t=3266

I suck at that bit torrent stuff :( i really need to learn.

That sounds really cool though.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    He done a great cover of Wonderwall too,better that the Oasis version if you ask me.
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
  • hailhail82hailhail82 Posts: 330
    I quite like his Wondewall.
    And the Down In A Hole is amazing. Never thought I'd hear that song with steel. It's pretty damn good. Vocals are right on.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Peter C wrote:
    He done a great cover of Wonderwall too,better that the Oasis version if you ask me.

yes he did indeed do a great 'wonderwall'. i think both versions are on a par.

'down in a hole' has been in my head for a couple of days now and to think that ryan adams has done a version is beyond delirious for me.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • holtz wrote:

Thanks for doing that!
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    personally LOVE his cover of wonderwall. really looking forward to easy tiger, not long now!!
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    well...ive listened to it. talk about burying me softly. that was just superb. ryan adams just lights my fire every time. the perfect song for my perfect mood. :) :(
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Awesome thank you so much!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12