Emek?

2»

Comments

• kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    KDH12 wrote:
    With mevlins poster I think he sent the emails out in waves as well. So if someone did not pay in the alotted time he would move down the list to the next group of people. There is a little hope.

This is the best way right now, if he did with a buy button through paypal everyone would complalin when the site when down or would not load.... there is not happy way.

Yeah, I get that. I'm actually cool with the whole email thing. Beats the way Obey does it, where I sit on the computer at work from 11:45am until about 1:30pm hitting F5, hoping my boss doesn't look over my shoulder only to see the "Page not found" screen, and wanting to put my fist through that screen when I think I've gotten through the process & have to start over.

I've got 3 Emek's already and a 4th hopefully on the way, but I've only ever gotten them from the secondary market so I was hoping to avoid that hassle. Oh well. BK on Saturday, maybe I'll have better luck.

Peace,
    KJ
  • inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    his poster last year was probably the best one all tour. i hope they use him soon!
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
    and btw, that 10,000 lakes print is sweeeeeeeeeeeet! The clouds look similar to the Coachella, love the colors. Anyone going to the show wanna pick one up for me? :D Probably have to take my chances with the flippers on evilbay.

Peace,
    KJ
    inmyrvm wrote:
    his poster last year was probably the best one all tour. i hope they use him soon!

Yeah, I have the AP of that. There's so much going on in an Emek print. Fascinating.

Peace,
    KJ
  • whistlewhistle Posts: 268
    Ive signed up to his mailing list and check his website ona regular basis but ive never been able to figure out a sale time.
    any hints/tips or clues?
    thanks
    http://www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=whistle55&view=4

08/22/98 - 06/29/03 - 09/28/04 - 10/02/04 - 09/11/05 - 09/12/05 - 09/13/05 - 09/19/05 - 05/09/06 - 05/10/06 - 05/16/06 - 05/19/06 <-- best bday present ever! - 12/02/06
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    whistle wrote:
    Ive signed up to his mailing list and check his website ona regular basis but ive never been able to figure out a sale time.
    any hints/tips or clues?
    thanks

tip - mailing list doesn't exist

hint - keep an eye on EB for any and all ebay threads

clue - check your PMs

:)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    plus it was posted in the 07 posters thread at least a day before, we talk all things poster not just PJ :)
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
    Just got this, shouldn't have waited that 15 seconds. Oh well, at least I have a Belguim show poster coming:

"Hello.
    Unfortunately, your email was not one of the ones that made it in time to order the new emek Queens signed and numbered posters.
    we had only so many of each poster available and we got a very large amount of emails at exactly 12:00 o'clock.
    we are still going through the list and notifying people who emailed at exactly 12:00 but were still way down on the list..
    not to mention the emails that continued well past noon. we are answering every email, thank you for your patience.
    sorry that your efforts were not rewarded this time, we really do appreciate the effort and dedication it takes to be near a computer at just the right time and how frustrating it all can be, whether you are a new fan or a long time faithful collector- and we all hate form letters too.
    hope that there is not long term hard feelings, we are really trying to come up with the fairest system possible and its very difficult. we only allow one poster per customer but the editions are limited. Thank you for your support.
    -emek"
  • Strangest TribeStrangest Tribe Posts: 2,502
    kj1nyr wrote:
    Just got this, shouldn't have waited that 15 seconds. Oh well, at least I have a Belguim show poster coming:

"Hello.
    Unfortunately, your email was not one of the ones that made it in time to order the new emek Queens signed and numbered posters.
    we had only so many of each poster available and we got a very large amount of emails at exactly 12:00 o'clock.
    we are still going through the list and notifying people who emailed at exactly 12:00 but were still way down on the list..
    not to mention the emails that continued well past noon. we are answering every email, thank you for your patience.
    sorry that your efforts were not rewarded this time, we really do appreciate the effort and dedication it takes to be near a computer at just the right time and how frustrating it all can be, whether you are a new fan or a long time faithful collector- and we all hate form letters too.
    hope that there is not long term hard feelings, we are really trying to come up with the fairest system possible and its very difficult. we only allow one poster per customer but the editions are limited. Thank you for your support.
    -emek"

I just got the same message and I didn't wait but 5 seconds. I'm ok with this not a huge QOTSA fan as much as an Emek fan, but how do we know what his exact time is compared to ours? Next time I won't wait, i guess??
    the Minions
    I just got the same message and I didn't wait but 5 seconds. I'm ok with this not a huge QOTSA fan as much as an Emek fan, but how do we know what his exact time is compared to ours? Next time I won't wait, i guess??

that's cool of him to send a dear john letter

at least so you know you got through
    bostonlou wrote:

did you get the set?
    the Minions

yeah, more money to spend on artillery.
    bostonlou wrote:

True, one less thing to be waiting on. It was cool of him (though it was probably one of his minions, bless their little hearts). :)

KJ
  • Vedderman23Vedderman23 Posts: 859
    kj1nyr wrote:
    ...more money to spend on artillery.

ditto...that's an extra I can buy from BK....hopefully.
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 8/26/24, 9/12/24, 9/27/24, 9/29/24
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    bostonlou wrote:

Haven't seen either e-mail. = no good???
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
    I asked him what time my email was received. He (they) returned my email and it was 12:02. I know I sent it 5 seconds after the official atomic clock turned 12:00 now my question is...

Is his mail sight 2 minutes ahead of mine or did it just take 2 minutes for my email to work it's way into his system?

Any tech geeks out there that can help me answer this question?
    the Minions
    did you get the set?

yes
  • sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,191
    bostonlou wrote:
    yes

i ended up getting the sicklops. better than neither i suppose.
  • jmacdjmacd Posts: 145
    I asked him what time my email was received. He (they) returned my email and it was 12:02. I know I sent it 5 seconds after the official atomic clock turned 12:00 now my question is...

Is his mail sight 2 minutes ahead of mine or did it just take 2 minutes for my email to work it's way into his system?

i got a message from today @ work that mine had timed out on wednesday. so maybe with all of the security stuff @ work it takes a while to get through. then i noticed "orderS@emek.net" DOH!!!! it's "order@emek.net" maybe thats why it timed out....crap crap crap. oh well more $$$ for BK then....
    toronto '92 X 2, toronto '93, hamilton '05, toronto 1 '06, toronto '09, buffalo '10, london '13, buffalo '13
    jmacd wrote:
    i got a message from today @ work that mine had timed out on wednesday. so maybe with all of the security stuff @ work it takes a while to get through. then i noticed "orderS@emek.net" DOH!!!! it's "order@emek.net" maybe thats why it timed out....crap crap crap. oh well more $$$ for BK then....

i love when there's directions to be followed

because inevitably a good percentage fuck it up

nothing personal man... but thanks ;)
  • jmacdjmacd Posts: 145
    bostonlou wrote:
    i love when there's directions to be followed

because inevitably a good percentage fuck it up

nothing personal man... but thanks ;)

i know *hangs head* nothing personal taken. i wrote it down wrong when i left for work in a rush of course....or type it wrong when i sent it. either way, no QOTSA for me....did you end up with one or the other or both?
    toronto '92 X 2, toronto '93, hamilton '05, toronto 1 '06, toronto '09, buffalo '10, london '13, buffalo '13
  • cerebuscerebus Posts: 170

Did you check the time on your e-mail, as well as the time on your computer? The e-mail provider I used was lined up (near enough) with the atomic clock - I checked this with an e-mail that I sent to myself - and I manually re-set my computer clock also.
    cerebus wrote:
    Did you check the time on your e-mail, as well as the time on your computer? The e-mail provider I used was lined up (near enough) with the atomic clock - I checked this with an e-mail that I sent to myself - and I manually re-set my computer clock also.

yeah... I did everything I could think of but send him an email asking what time he had.

I had an hour for lunch to piddle with all the settings and sent myself test emails. My computer was synced to the atomic clock and so was my email.
    the Minions
    Thanks for moving the thread you hyperactive anal obc cock blossoms :)

geesh, what did it matter
    the Minions