Anybody else get tix to Springsteen in Pittsburgh??

gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,562
edited September 2007 in Other Music
Scored two floor seats for the Nov. 14th show! I'm so pumped!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    I got two tickets to the floor in Pittsburgh, too. Maybe I'll see you there?

I can't fucking wait!
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Yea 4 of my friends and I got some tickets today. Section F baby nose bleed seats. Should still be a rockin night.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    are you folks seeing Bruce & ESB for the 1st time ?

these shows have been so so anticipated- enjoy the show(s)

i still may snag some boston tickets on sept 22nd.
    boston is 1 city that there will definitely be at least 1 added show, before they head off to europe.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    are you folks seeing Bruce & ESB for the 1st time ?

these shows have been so so anticipated- enjoy the show(s)

i still may snag some boston tickets on sept 22nd.
    boston is 1 city that there will definitely be at least 1 added show, before they head off to europe.

Yea first-timer here. I'm pumped.
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    I saw him on the Vote For Change Tour in Cleveland in 2004 - R.E.M. opened, and then John Fogerty came out through a quick runthrough of some songs (Centerfield, Bad Moon Rising, Fortunate Son). It was fucking amazing - probably the greatest concert I've ever seen, except for Pearl Jam. Four legendary musicians rocking an arena all night - doesn't get any better.

However, due to other artists and the political nature of the show, Bruce didn't get to play a full set of original material (Three or four political songs, a 20 minute Fogerty set, and then all of them doing Peace, Love & Understanding at the end - opened with Star Spangled Banner). So, it will be my first show of all original material - so I'm very excited for that.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • i got tickets for the floor as well. it's my first time seeing the boss too, so i'm excited as hell :)
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,562
    Lots of us on the floor I see! Drew, I seem to recall you being 1 row ahead of me at the PJ Pitt 06 show...here's to a good night in November!
    gndcd402 wrote:
    Lots of us on the floor I see! Drew, I seem to recall you being 1 row ahead of me at the PJ Pitt 06 show...here's to a good night in November!

good luck to all the GA ticketholders
    best of luck in the wristband lottery system!

enjoy the pit , the show , & the experience !
    platessmall.jpg
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,562
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    good luck to all the GA ticketholders
    best of luck in the wristband lottery system!

enjoy the pit , the show , & the experience !

wristband lottery?? I don't know what this means as I've never seen Bruce before either...care to explain??
    gndcd402 wrote:
    wristband lottery?? I don't know what this means as I've never seen Bruce before either...care to explain??

this info is all found at the uncle bruce thread but i dont want to be called a sarcastic asshole so i wont add the link- im sure youve seen the thread ,.

but this is from http://www.backstreets/news.com

http://www.backstreets.com/news.html

WE DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO MOVE THE FLOWERPOT
    We suggested an unanswered question about the G.A. policy below ("what happens if I'm number 32 and my partner is number 33 and she is first in line....") mainly to acknowledge that many questions wouldn't necessarily be covered in a G.A. overview. Still, this morning, we were pleased to get an answer: that those handling the lottery will have discretion to prevent the system from having unintended consequences. "We've got to assume the people actually doing this like our fans and have family or friends in the same boat.... This is not a military operation. It's a system to do the right thing."
    -September 14, 2007

JUST AN OLD SWEET SONG KEEPS G.A. ON MY MIND
    We promised we'd provide you with more information on the General Admission system for the upcoming tour when we received it. Well, page 20 of our morning paper was circled in red, meaning we were about to get more information from our source. As last time, this is not an "official" announcement, but it pretty well sets forth what we can expect out on the road.

Taking both their own experience and the perspective of fans into account, the powers-that-be have reached a consensus that "handling the G.A. with a numbered wristband control of some sort" -- that is, a lottery system to determine entry order -- "is the fairest."

In this plan, numbered wristbands will be given out starting at a pre-announced time at a designated spot at each venue, and will be distributed until about 5:00 pm. A lottery will then determine who is the first into the pit. The line will be let in, in order from the number selected, until pit capacity is reached.

Starting times, cut-off times, pit capacity, and the location where wristbanding will occur will be determined by the venue in conjunction with tour management. Our source promises they will be making a concerted effort to get this information out as far in advance of each show as possible,"so people can feel they know what's going on."

"I think this will be our plan for the majority of our venues, and our goal is that, whatever the plan, we will have the information out ahead of time for the fans." Of course, we'll post the info here when we get it.

Tour management realizes "this still leaves a dilemma for fans who have to work and can’t get there before 5:00, but we have to have some standard, and while not perfect for all, this seems the fairest."

Our source was adamant about one other point -- they have no intention of dealing with any fan-based lists, anywhere, of any kind. Period.

Finally, we were reminded of an issue the venues face: what to do with fans who want to hang out all day, G.A. policy aside. "Fans come early not only for the chance to get their G.A. positions," the source acknowledges, "but just as as importantly, for many, to spend some time with other friends." Staffing and insurance liabilities can prevent venues from be able to safely provide hang-out space too early in the day. So, tour management has a request for all of us: after you get your wristband, "if there is a place near the venue where people could safely get together, we would appreciate it."

We know this doesn’t answer every question – such as, "what happens if I'm number 32 and my partner is number 33 and she is first in line...." But we know more today than we knew yesterday. And if we learn more tomorrow (or the day after, or the day after that), we'll be sure to let you know.
    -September 13, 2007

enjoy the show !
    platessmall.jpg