To anyone who's see the Smashing Pumpkins live this year

IGotShit24IGotShit24 Posts: 68
edited October 2007 in Other Music
What time do they usually go on stage? I'm goin' to see them Thursday and cannot wait. Oh, and how was the show?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• they'll go on on time.
    and they play everything way too fast. i love jimmy chamberlin and i loved the pumpkins in the 90s, but live, they leave a lot to be desired. just my opinion... if they would play everything somewhat close to normal speed, they'd be great. the band always sounds good, but the dynamics are lost because they play so freakin' fast.

oh yeah, and they don't ever play a single track off of gish anymore... so that annoys me to.

if you've never seen them, go check 'em out. you may love them. i would rather just listen to their records though.
    Mesa 11/7/93 - Charlotte 10/4/96 - DC 6/14/98 - Raleigh 8/31/98 - Knoxville 9/6/98 - Columbia MD 9/18/98 - DC 9/19/98 - Columbia MD 9/4/00 - Phoenix 10/21/00 - Raleigh 4/15/03 - Phoenix 6/7/03 - Philadelphia 5/27&28/06 - DC 5/30/06 - Las Vegas 7/6/06 - San Diego 7/7/06 - LA 7/9&10/06 - Gorge 7/22&23/06 - Chicago 8/5/07 - PJ20 9/3&4/11 - Jacksonville 11/24/12 (EV) - Orlando 11/27/12 (EV) - Brooklyn 10/18&19/13 - Charlotte 10/30/13 - Memphis 10/14/14 - Ft Lauderdale 4/8/16 - Miami 4/9/16 - Jacksonville 4/13/16 - Hampton 4/18/16 - Chicago 8/20&22/16
  • They were great when I saw them! Live boots I heard way back in the day, Billy's vocals were horrendous, but now they are quite enjoyable. Expect the hits from Mellon Collie and Siamese Dream. If you enjoy the other albums you are in for a treat because they switch up those tracks often I believe. Lucky if you hear a Gish tune!

They played Aeroplane Flies High when I saw them :eek:
    And there was a thread claiming they busted out Set the Ray to Jerry :eek:

They don't seem to shy away from the B-Sides thankfully!
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    danny72688 wrote:
    They were great when I saw them! Live boots I heard way back in the day, Billy's vocals were horrendous, but now they are quite enjoyable. Expect the hits from Mellon Collie and Siamese Dream. If you enjoy the other albums you are in for a treat because they switch up those tracks often I believe. Lucky if you hear a Gish tune!

They played Aeroplane Flies High when I saw them :eek:
    And there was a thread claiming they busted out Set the Ray to Jerry :eek:

They don't seem to shy away from the B-Sides thankfully!
    I agree about the vocals. the actual tone or style of billy's voice will never be for everyone but at least he can sing in tune now, playing live.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • IGotShit24 wrote:
    What time do they usually go on stage? I'm goin' to see them Thursday and cannot wait. Oh, and how was the show?

If doors are at 7:30, usually the other band is on stage until 8:30. Pumpkins usually come on between 8:50-9:00

The show is rocking. Don't let anyone try and tell you different.
  • In Pittsburgh they came on the stage at 8:44.